8.2 Mount Equipment and Water Strider

You cannot influence change by remaining silent.

1 Like

You’re Algalon-Reorigination Processed Right I’m arguing about the name.

The pedantic nerd in me still rages that blizzard created Manticore mounts … AND CALLED THEM WYVERNS.

OMG RAAAAGE RAGE RAGE.

/me tiny green veins pop out on Jops’ head and pulse as gouts of steam billow from his ears. :wink:

3 Likes

And you cannot argue that you are giving feedback if you are someone that tells people with opinions different than yours that they are wrong and you are right. You also come off not just as a cry baby, but sort of delusional because you also lecture the company on how they are “doing it wrong”. I mean, come on, get over yourself, man.

You’re not influencing anything, my keyboard warrior, but keep fighting the good fight, even if it looks silly out here looking in at you. Influence the hell out of’em!

I would suggest reading the other thread that was locked for 3 days.Be ware of trolls bearing gifts.

The only gift this troll brings is a heaping totem of reality. Also which thread? I get banned often so I am not sure, unless you mean the original one of these strider threads with the exact same folks and arguments in it?

it’s locked again.

Oh yeah, that’s where me and Jops became besties. I wonder where Brahmina and Moonstriken are?

Yup,some don’t want water striding for their own reasons,which is fine ,but with a twist.
They’re still here roaming around.

Those who are trying to reason here, simply cannot get through to people who either do not read, with understanding, enough to "get " that they can have what they want AND the strider owners can also, get what they want AT THE SAME TIME, or they simply do not care.

They are on the hunt to aggro other players for sport. This is fun for them. If this was not the case, they would realize that getting what the water strider owners want does not have to stop them from getting what they want as well.

Most of them already know this. They have simply come to realize that this is really important to some players, so the sport becomes luring them into meaningless circular discussions, while they actually enjoy the fact that someone else is going to lose something that they do not have, or want.

These are not the forums of old and trolls come in a variety of types these days. Some people love nothing more than to dig at another player just for the fun of it.

Sounds pretty negative doesn’t it and that is not usually where I come from, but if this is still being contested after all of the people who have explained it, there is simply no other explanation that makes sense.

Thank you Blizzard for giving players another excuse to divide the community, since you have dropped the ball on doing almost anything to actually help to bring players together. It seems that is not the “job” of the game developers anymore.

Really Sad and it bodes badly for the future of the game.
But don’t worry about me, Blizz. I am just another of those long time players who is barely hanging on by my fingernails these days and not feeling the love from the developers, or much of the community any more.

Of course, this does not apply to everyone. Those, to whom it does, know who you are. :wink:

4 Likes

Put on the water walking mount equipment, continue to enjoy your strider, you get it for free too. Your happiness is 100% in your own hands here, nothing is being taken away from you.

I’d be totally cool with disabling equipment on the stider and letting it have ww. I’m not trying to argue you have to see it my way, I’m pointing out that one of the things Bliz wanted to “correct” was extreme overuse of the mount. This is the way they ensure that happens (nobody gets to use a diff mount equipment on other mounts and keep the strider just for water walking - you have to choose one thing).

But honestly, you didn’t lose anything, you just didn’t gain what you wanted to gain. That’s all.

What is this “logic” that you speak of? You do not belong here! Ban him! Ban the witch!

Except the signature ability of the mount.

1 Like

Close enough. Sheesh. lol

The big thing I am concerned with is when the devs take it away next xpac and time gate it with flying.

1 Like

It will still be able to water walk if you choose so. Didn’t lose anything.

Just don’t play when they do. I only buy game time when flying is available (made an exception when Zanda released because, I wanted to support that decision). Otherwise, when they are not doing the game the way you like it, just do like me and unsub until it’s what you want. Otherwise, it won’t change and you are stuck playing a game you don’t like.

3 Likes

I don’t see this causing much drama in-game. Just here with us malcontents on the forums.

What will change, however, is water-impact deaths will add yet another “Invisible Fun Tax”, there nibbling away at game loyalty.

It joins other fun-taxes like lack of meaningfully engaging content, repetition without ‘tricks’ to master, excessive reliance on flightpaths and wildly disproportionate effort-to-reward ratios.

Minor additive nuisances that, taken individually, seem too trivial to complain about, but which add up into a profoundly less enjoyable gaming experience.

For every single noisy malcontent on the forums… there’s likely dozens of players who’re quitely going longer and longer between logins.

2 Likes

I know right, I struggled with that. I did opt out of Legion until 7.2.5 ish and I loved Legion. I decided to do BfA from the start, but no flying got under my skin when I was working up my 30th level 120. I probably shoulda waited, ah well.

I mean I totally didn’t mind walking for the first few 120s, but when you have done every zone, both factions, many times, it loses the fun.

I disagree, the mount is active across all my chars now. The new stuff is per char. Still have to buy for every character I ever use create.

3 Likes

i don’t think water walking is the reason people play those classes but it is part of their class identity that distinguishes them from other classes in open world and is a nice perk.

Also I think you are missing some of the nuance of what i was talking about: with water strider as is, curently every tank has water walking and barding, removing class identity from blood DK (and also shaman). with the new changes, blood DK can have WW barding and an additional added benefit like speed increase, while other tanks will only get two of those things as a non DK. (they will have to choose between WW and something else)

Also I think people need to keep in mind what the game was like when water strider came out: flying was earned at max level so water strider was pretty much useless to max level characters at the time. the benefit was the new account wide system of mounts so gaining a strider was very valuable for leveling toons making it valuable for vanilla leveling or current content while at max level. when this system is released we will have flying in every zone so once again strider would be useless for people with max flying and the way pathfinder works even leveling toons on a pathfinder account would find little use for a water strider since you can now in 8.2 level current content while flying thanks to pathfinder. Once again though, water strider or water walking will still be useful for vanilla leveling toons. (I believe you can level while flying TBC through legion currently so I think the WW will only affect vanilla characters, but please correct me if i’m wrong on that).