To Do Before War Within Pre-Expansion Update

Once The War Within pre-expansion update arrives, items, achievements, and customizations will fly off into the sun-kissed horizon. So, you’ll want to take some time to do the following before it’s too late:

Dragonflight Season 4

Awakened Raids

Mythic+

• The Mythic+ leaderboards will lock at 10:00 pm PDT the night before maintenance in each region—July 22 at 10:00 pm PDT for NA / July 23 at 22:00 CEST for EU. With the season’s end, ratings that qualify for the 0.1% “Draconic Hero” title and achievement will be recorded. The title will be rewarded in the following weeks after the season ends.

PvP

• The current season of PvP content will end at 10:00 pm PDT the night before maintenance in each region—July 22 at 10:00 pm PDT for NA / July 23 at 22:00 CEST for EU.
  • With the season’s end, it will no longer be possible to earn PvP seasonal rewards, titles, or Dragonflight Season 4 rankings, and titles will be awarded in the weeks after the season ends:
    • Draconic Gladiator: End Dragonflight PvP Season 4 in the top 0.1% of the 3v3 arena ladder (requires 150 games won in Dragonflight Season 4).
    • Draconic Legend: End Dragonflight PvP Season 4 in the top 0.1% of the Solo Shuffle ladder (requires 50 games won in Dragonflight Season 4).
  • Players can still queue for rated PvP modes for Honor, Conquest, and progress toward the faction-themed Vicious Dreamtalon mount for Horde or Alliance.

The following rated PvP rewards can only be earned during Dragonflight Season 4 and will no longer be available once the season ends:

• Draconic Gladiator’s Drake mount: “Its wings darken the skies with the shadow of conquest.”
  • Bronze Infinite Weapon Illusion
  • Dragonflight Season 4 PvP Elite Weapon and Transmog Set
  • Titles:
    • Combatant: Get a 1000 Rating
    • Challenger: Get a 1400 Rating
    • Rival: Get a 1800 Rating
    • Duelist: Get a 2100 Rating
    • Gladiator: 50 wins at 2400 Rating
    • Legend: Win 100 Rated Solo Shuffle rounds
8 Likes

I assume that confirms the bullion cap was 12?

3 Likes

Even if, it’s per character. I just had an alt run LFR completely to get all the billion and buy the transmog I wanted.

Why end the season at 10pm the night before instead of when the servers go down? It was so frustrating when season 3 ended in the middle of a dungeon run for me. I was looking forward to upgrading my gear after the dungeon finished and I was quite upset to find the upgrade option disabled when I went to the item upgrade NPC. 10pm PDT is in the middle of my playing time on most weekdays when I get a chance to play. Please reconsider and do not end the season until the servers go down for maintenance.

6 Likes

So…. What does this mean for bullion? What about aspects and flight stones and upgrading gear? Does that all end too?

1 Like

At this point in the expansion, that’s pointless. Nobody cares about a raid that’s almost a year old. Most guilds are still farming mounts for their players, so adding a layer of “complexity” just for the sake of it is a disservice. I swear, the people making these decisions are completely out of touch with the game they’re working on.

8 Likes

Tell us what’s going on with the bullion and this apparent undisclosed cap of 12.

1 Like

Another aspect of ending the season earlier than the servers going down was the awkward mix of s3 and s4. WQs were dropping s4 gear. S3 dungeons were still the dungeons available for keys after 10pm PDT (until maintenance the next morning) but they didn’t count for anything. I’d like the next dungeon I did at 10:30pm PDT to count for the season that is current at the time. When s4 started the dungeon rotation needed to be current as well; the easiest way to do that is to end the season when the servers go down (and not a moment before).

1 Like

i dont think they said bullion will stop dropping.

Well it has once you’ve received 12. Seems there is a cap that they never disclosed. That or it’s another bug.

no mention of bullions at all, not even if/when they will no longer useable to buy gear/mogs.

4 Likes

Since this is all that’s mentioned, does this mean we will still get keystones and have a chance to get the dungeon teleports next week?

1 Like

if it is the same as shadowlands season 4, yes. you will be able to get the keystone master achievement and mount along with all the +10 portals up until the launch of war within.

it would be nice if it were clarified though.

Would love some clarification on Dawn of the Infinite hardmode, since it’s infinitely harder than it was when it was faceroll in previous seasons. It seems it’s going away or they just forgot about it lol. Got to last boss and will try again, but ideally just wait if its gonna be free later in War Within.

1 Like

No mention of rbg hero achi? Love to see rbgs left behind…

Dw im sure they will update rewards for this bracket or blitz soon ( its not like rbg rewards have been the same since 2010).

Fr though, good to see reminder posts ( just include everything).

Thanks.

Is this actual season end? Is there still time to upgrade gear and get portals or does that end Monday night?

2 Likes
  • Players can still queue for rated PvP modes for Honor, Conquest, and progress toward the faction-themed Vicious Dreamtalon mount for Horde or Alliance

Is it possible to get a line like this for the PvE stuff, for clarity’s sake.

• Is the Fyrakk Mount (Anu’relos, Flame’s Guidance) still 100% drop chance until TWW release?
  • Are we still able to get our Dungeon Portals from 10+ Mythic Keystones from Season 4?
  • Will Crests and Flightstones still be obtainable and gear from Season Four still upgradeable since the season will be effectively over?

Thanks in Advance!!

2 Likes

Yes, you can still get your teleports. Only the competitive aspect of the PvE season is ending.

I believe the answer is yes, however, now every week Fyrakk will be Awakened so it will be more difficult. In previous expansions the mythic only mount was decreased to 1% drop rate when the next expansion started.

I’d guess August 20th would be a safe bet as the early access is 2 days later on the Thursday.

I do what I want! Sometimes I have the urge to praise the sun, while others I travel far and long to bathe at the luxurious Goblin spa and resort. Tis time for relaxing and reflection none of this big number chasing.

For once again I sense a war a brewin’ and war my friend ain’t pretty.

1 Like