The Storm Glaive, [A-RP]

“The Storm Glaive” is recruiting new sailors to add to our ranks!

At our core we are a community of roleplayers that strive for both cooperative and individual story development. With our platform as seafarers with a mobile “home base” our adventures aren’t restricted by borders; Azeroth is a whole wide world and we take advantage of that as much as possible!

Led by what some simply call “the Admiral”, Aldorae Starseeker leads the Storm Glaive now on a daring campaign against the Horde and is determined to establish a foothold of her own near Darkshore. Focusing her efforts on a strange island just north of Kalimdor, the crew has found that it is not only the Horde they should be worried about.

Our guild community is inclusive as it absolutely can be with experts on roleplaying, story design, lore, even PvE! We have a focus on cooperative guild plot as well as individual story development!

For more information please check out our website,
www.thestormglaive.com
and if you’re interested please click on the “Apply” option at the top of the screen and fill out an application at your convenience.

If you have any specific questions please do not hesitate to reach out to us in-game.

4 Likes

I was starting to think you guys had sunk. Good to see the sails still raised!

Also I dislike the new forums, it always switches me to my last used character… I only logged onto that Priest to check for mats!

Dloin STILL hasn’t RP’d with any of you. Where the hell do you all hide?

Always loved the Storm Glaive from afar. Keep it up, my fellow seafarers!

I have to say it really does warm my heart to see people who remember us or are glad to see we’re still around. I was passed the Storm Glaive torch at the end of Legion and I am so, so, so excited to really dive into this expansion and create a story for my guildies (and others) that we can all enjoy.

If anyone ever wants to join one of our events to see how we do things I am all for it, just drop me some game mail or whisper me!

4 Likes

I joined the Storm Glaive in February just because of the nautical theme that fit my character, but have since become good friends with several of the members. The Storm Glaive is a group of friends who also play WoW. We are very LGBT+ positive. While we are a heavy RP guild, we do try to support each other’s interests in other aspects of the game by having mythic+ & lowbie dungeon runs and casual social roleplay.

It’s important to stress that your character need not have a nautical background to fit in here. Adventurers, scholars, healers, soldiers, spies, merchants – anyone with an interest in travel would have a place on one of our ships.

1 Like

We are currently in the midst of an extensive campaign to explore a sizeable island and root out the powerful revenant corrupting it. Our decisions and actions in each event affect subsequent events, from where we go next to what happens there.

Tonight we did a non-combat training event covering concealment and the element of surprise. On Saturday, we may be putting that training to the test as we explore into the dark woods of the island. Will our decision not to investigate an old supply cache leave us unprepared, or will we catch the enemy unaware with our rapid conquest of territory? Come find out!

On Saturday we traced strange sounds through the haunted woods to find a partially corrupted Ancient of War defending itself from the revenant’s minions. This week we’ll attempt to track down its acorn, and use that to restore the Ancient. One of our crew had her legs crushed by a boulder, so we could use your help.

We’re back after our holiday break. Last Friday we were lost in a miasma, and our dear leader was hit with a fatal magic poison. This week we make our way to an abandoned temple as our only hope to save her.

Come join us on Tuesdays for some casual tavern RP, meet the crew.

That temple held a lot more secrets than we expected. The tragic history of the wraith that’s been haunting the island, clues to magic weapons hidden for thousands of years, and an ancient prophecy we’re already enacting.

We’ve got our magic tinfoil hats, we got our spirit bombs. We’re ready to rock this revenant’s face! Friday night RUMBLLLLLLLE!

It turns out the Revenant isn’t the biggest problem… dark forces are at work on the island!

remembers DD is our morale officer
inches slowly away

I mean, dark forces that aren’t us.

clears throat

Join the Storm Glaive for lore-abiding adventure and shenanigans! Delve vaults, storm castles, go drinking, rescue people (mostly us), fight the Horde, explore jungles, scramble to escape the ravening undead–

–wait, no, back up–

–fight valiantly and defeat the ravening undead! Experience all that Azeroth has to offer, and do it in good company with The Storm Glaive!

2 Likes

I know Discord can be a lot easier to converse than in-game in many situations, so feel free to message/add godnoble#6577 if you have any questions about anything (including homework help).

I only recently joined but I already feel like a welcomed member of the guild. I’m greeted, people talk to me, people do things with me. It’s great! If you’re thinking about joining and you’re worried you won’t be accepted don’t be worried at all. It’s been nothing but kindness here.

#notsponsored

1 Like

Storm Glaive is always looking for guilds to partner with as well. Joint events can be a lot of fun. Maybe your mercenary team needs to get to Pandaria. Perhaps a paramilitary strike force could use some extra cannons & mages. Maybe we’re going after the same macguffin. Contact us if you’re interested, and together we’ll figure it out!

What are pigeon whispers? What would their purpose be in a spell? We need to figure this out by next Wednesday.

Last week we snuck through a work yard and scrambled a ship the goblins were building that had a prototype azerite-fueled engine. It was a blast!

1 Like

Last week we had one event that was primarily searching the in-game environment and puzzle solving, and another event that was social deduction & manipulation. Personally I love events like these that don’t focus on combat.

Last week we had our usual tavern night, plus several of us went to the Duskrose Wandering Market together, which is possibly the best market on Moon Guard. We’re hoping to start vending ourselves soon, for those who are interested.

For guild plot, we spent time building up fortifications. It was a free-form event, letting each player highlight their character’s strengths. The rogues built poison traps, the mages placed magic wards, and the engineer laid land mines. The dwarf designed battlements, and the knight plotted trenches & barricades. It was remarkably fun.

1 Like

Currently lost in a haunted forest, pursued by very angry dryads, wtb portal to Stormwind pls.

Kidding! About the portal, I mean. We are lost in a haunted forest and pursued by very angry dryads, two of us have been poisoned, and we can’t find the Sentinels we went there to help, but the RP has been awesome and we still have hope that we’ll get out of this alive.

The Storm Glaive: recruiting adventurers for fun and shenanigans – and not just so you can rescue us from those dryads! We don’t know who made them so mad but it definitely was not us.

P.S. We are not pirates.

1 Like