So, how exactly does Trust level work? I can't even post simple youtube links

you can still post links using the Preformatted text option.
…they just won’t be live links.

7 Likes

(post deleted by author)

You should be able to at least post wowhead links.

1 Like

I’m not certain which post you are referring to, Tesalyn. Looking at the last three penalties applied to the account, all of them were flagged as inappropriate because you were using profanity and in one case and fairly inappropriate expression.

It isn’t about someone not liking what you said, it’s because they are aware that our Code of Conduct prohibits the use of profanity, both clear and masked, and other expressions that simply aren’t appropriate for our forums. If you avoid those, it is likely you won’t have an issue and can eventually gain Trust level 3 to be able to post links.

Others flagged the comment as trolling, but the post was only hidden, it wasn’t removed at that time. It would need to be reviewed by a Moderator before that happened. You deleted your post.

To be clear, regardless of why another player may have reported a post the ONLY thing that happens there, is the post is temporarily hidden while waiting for a review. The report itself cannot delete the post nor can it apply any kind of penalty to the account.

10 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Similar is happening with SoD on reddit, but via downvotes.
Saying anything negative about SoD is currently not allowed on there. Even on threads for opinion sharing, if yours is not in favor of SOD, it’s getting downvoted into oblivion.

yeah those work.

1 Like

maybe it was on another character. But yeah, I’m not fighting those. It was against the rules. I got muted. That’s all right. I’m not like trying to justify it in anyway.

Im just curious if posting links, such as YT and Imgur images will ever be possible again. Trust level rules on here are pretty rough xD (strict would be a better word to use)

I can see what you said, Cooperbrew. It isn’t about someone not wanting to hear the truth. When someone is seeking assistance and advice, posting to discuss the narrative that you want to “how people are abusing the system”, it isn’t necessarily seen as helping and therefore, non-constructive and trolling.

13 Likes

Absolutely. As long as you haven’t gotten to a permanent suspension from the forums, which takes some doing, the applied penalty drops off and allows you to earn trust level 3.

Unfortunately, there are a very large number of bad actors who take advantage, so we have to be a bit strict there.

8 Likes

In other words, Cooperbrew, this thread isn’t about you and your narrative. It’s about Tesalyn and providing them advice based on their question.

14 Likes

Just in case you missed my statement above…

Overall, if you wish to provide support or advice, Cooperbrew, that is fine and it is welcome. I’ve noticed you pop into several threads today and there hasn’t been anything wrong that I’ve seen in your comments. I was explaining why others might see your comments in this thread as trolling and report it as such.

That is not abusing the system.

If you notice, this thread seems to be mostly focused on you now? That’s the kind of thing we want to avoid. Derailing the original purpose of a thread from the subject and the player who was seeking advice.

9 Likes

Very well in order to keep the tread on target… I’ve deleted my comments… and maybe you (Vrakthris) should remove my quotes… I hate when people quote me… Speaking of which… just got a message saying my flagged post was restored… ironic I deleted it then it was restored…

Interesting. Thanks!

While I have you here, if I may, just wanted to ask a quick question.

Long time I go, I found a bluepost that stated that mods do in fact see if people abuse alt-posting privileges. Is this still the case? Is this something you’re allowed to confirm? I can’t seem to find that post again though.

WoW forums is really the only one out of all forums that allow multiple toon posting vs singular btag poster.

Im just asking out of curiosity. There was a recent surge of random level 20 warlocks with zero post count all saying same thing over and over. I’ve done some stalking, and even found some user pages that pretty much only like each others comments.

Thanks

Odds are good it was something I posted. I’ve commented on that before.

Yes, we can generally see if someone is using alts to make multiple reports. That is considered reporting abuse and we usually penalize accounts found doing that.

The WoW forums have always allowed players to post on their character of choice so when we adopted these new forums we wanted to make sure to bring over things that the playerbase was used to, as much as possible. Of course, other problems came about because of it, so we are looking into updates that should prevent alt abuse but it tends to be slow going.

10 Likes

Are you guys excited for the new “partnership” with Microsoft? :slight_smile: I’d imagine you’re getting bunch of new cool toys down the line.

I wonder if you’re dropping some older software/applications to replace it all with MS products. xD

I honestly don’t know how much you’re even allowed to disclose or continue this chat. Blue posts are so rare these days…

If not, that’s okay. You can close this thread. I have flagged your earlier reply as solution.

1 Like

Blue posts in the CS Forum isn’t, but we’re support, not community or game developers, so it is a different kettle of fish entirely.

I don’t want to dismiss your questions, but I’m not really able to comment on recent events.

12 Likes

Yeah that’s all right. I appreciate your comment. Let’s see if I can stay not-suspended for …6 months? xD

Whatever it is happening on the background, I hope it all works out.

I don’t play retail anymore, as Im full time classic player. But pass my thanks to the classic team if its something you can do.

Have a good weekend! Thanks

5 Likes

I know a few people involved in Classic, I will pass on the positives. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Blue posts in this forum are not uncommon. They are in general and other forums yes but not here.

You will not get anyone from blizzard to comment on recent events. If there is any comment I would keep a eye out in general for any official posts on any recent events. Blues that post here and other places can not comment unless it is approved ahead of time. Even then i am sure any statements are gone over about ten times before being posted.

Either way anyone who works for blizzard will not tell you what they think on here.

1 Like