Can we get account wide ignore?

yeah i really don’t enjoy when that happens either. it just isn’t fun.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that happened to you. Call outs have no place on the forums.

3 Likes

I think you’re missing the point here.

Account wide ignores does not remove your privacy.

Battle tags does not remove your privacy.

You talk about wanting to remain anonymous, but neither of those things removes anonymity. There is ZERO personal information that can be gained from ignoring someone’s account. There is ZERO personal information that can be gained from knowing someone’s btag.

You seem to be mixing up the wow forums with other social media sites. You are already completely anonymous here and you will remain anonymous even if they add these features.

Your privacy isn’t at risk.

Private information, for the record, is your real name, address, phone number, age, date of birth, etc. NONE of that can be found by knowing your btag or ignoring your account.

From everything I’ve seen, it just sounds like you get salty when people ignore you and you don’t want people to have the option to cut you from their lives. You take the internet too seriously - this is coming from someone who takes the internet too seriously.

Your life will not end if someone ignores you.

Your privacy will not be invaded if someone ignores you.

I won’t be responding to you anymore because it’s clear that you either don’t understand what you’re talking about or you’re choosing to not understand for the purposes of trolling.

I truly hope you find the help you need with your self-esteem issues because, if you’re not trolling, you’ve got serious self-esteem problems - again, coming from someone who has serious self-esteem issues and can recognize it.

I’ll say it again for the people in the back.

Knowing your battletag means nothing. You are still anonymous. No one knows any personal information about you.

Account wide ignore does not take away your privacy. It does not give away personal information nor does it take away your anonymity.

#FreetheBattleTags
#AccountWideIgnoreisNeeded

Vongola#1794 is my battletag. You can find out nothing about me through this, but feel free to try if it will help appease your worries.

A battletag is no different from making a forum account (on literally any forum other than WoW) and choosing a username. It has no identifying, personal information. It’s just a word with random numbers.

It is NOT personal information.

Have a good day, ya’ll :slight_smile: Blizzard, make this happen so we can put this nonsense behind us.

9 Likes

account wide ignore allows forum users to link other users’ mains to their alts, which is not something that many people want.

1 Like

That’s from two months ago. They still intend to do something, it’s just a matter of time. Will it look like account-wide ignore or Btag posting? We don’t know. But they want to do something.

We’re just letting them know that we would still like it to happen in the meantime so that it doesn’t fall off their radar when it’s time for forum updates.

14 Likes

This should also be in mind when considering the importance of blue posts.

Unless stated otherwise one blue poster, who states they function as support only doesn’t represent the community or game development design team.

Hence they cannot be used in dependable accuracy for predicating forum updates for the future.

1 Like

I truly do not understand them. Like, how is ignoring invading the privacy, which is something they have never explained.

8 Likes

They don’t understand themselves.

Also, can we please stop getting notifications when someone we’ve ignored responds to our post? Thanks.

EDIT: Not you, Ayu lol Your post is just the one I responded to.

4 Likes

10/10.

Bang on.

You guys care enough to keep responding, though? So obviously it’s just as important to you, otherwise you would move on and stop responding.

People only respond to things for 2 reasons:

1. They care about the topic and want to voice their opinion.
  2. They don’t care and want to troll.
9 Likes

Can’t say I’d lose any sleep regardless of whatever Blizzard does.

If they ever address this…issue?

You just admitted that you don’t mind one way or another what Blizzard does regarding this. So all this argument was for nothing.

3 Likes

You’re just figuring that out?

9 Likes

You don’t want a conclusion?

Plus that would only be true if you believed I represented all opposition.

I thought it was pretty obvious with how Ard keeps repeating the same nonsense over and over. I admit, I am surprised someone didn’t realize all this.

4 Likes

That’s all I’ve wanted the whole time.

Then you see by the comment above.

It will never end.

well i cared enough to add other ideas to the hat but it does get tiring when you are constantly get told told off, called a troll, im wrong, some sort of insult, dumb accusations, random saying they ignored me and can’t hold a discussion etc. id post ideas elsewhere but they get deleted bc of drama from the topic so what can you do lol.

3 Likes

What won’t?

Personally I don’t need to see others Btags, but I do want account wide ignores.

1 Like