Purchased 8 character server transfer and can't use it

I’m guessing this will be resolved with the server restart in less than an hour, but we’ll see. I’m also still unable to transfer to a RP realm (accidentally made and boosted a character on the wrong realm lol)

Hey folks,

Since a few of these topics have splintered and become about multiple issues, we’re going to have trouble providing updates in all of them. So, going forward, we’ll be using this stickied topic to provide updates about the current known issues:

7 Likes

I got the 8 character transfers too, was trying to move beween rp realms.

Known issue

Is there an update on this over a day later? I’d love to use something you already took the money for…

3 Likes

that’s not an update, don’t quote if you’re not going to answer the question. :upside_down_face:

The thread they’re linking you to is where we will be providing updates going forward. You can keep an eye on it and when we have news, that’s where it will be shared.

Note: It was updated a few minutes ago.

9 Likes

I was showing you where to go for any updates. Also, it was linked just a few hours before you posted saying it was over a day later.

5 Likes
4 Likes

My tokens showed up today with the hotfix. Thanks for the updates and the effort to get this resolved.

2 Likes

I purchased a 3 pack and had no problem moving my first toon between realms (same account).

The other 2 tokens are visible on my interface, I can pick the toon i want to move, accept the dialogs, then the UI does a refresh and … no move, token still unused. I put in a ticket but the upshot so far is they have no idea. I was thinking there is still a 72 hour cooldown on moves or something (which would be pretty annoying for bundle packs haha).

Been a couple of days now and I try the move a few times a day with the same non-result.

Follow the pinned thread at the top of Customer Support. Updates on the issue will be posted there.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, my specific issue is not even in their list. I do have a ticket but its discouraging my issue appears more unique.

Your issue was there at one point. Have you filed a bug report?

I’m not certain if this is the issue or not, Wickertank, but both of the characters you are attempting to transfer appear to have Heirlooms on them.

Your Human Death Knight has a pet (Strand Crawler), your Gnome Rogue also has a bit more than a few pets.

As noted in the Character Transfer Support Article:

• You cannot transfer a character with heirlooms in your inventory or equipped.
  • You cannot transfer a character with caged battle pets

Try clearing those out.

5 Likes

i also just purchased a 3 character transfer. it let me choose the toons and what realms etc. after all 3 nothing has changed…yet

will the character be transferred after the heirlooms etc are removed? or did this cause a blip in the system

Your transfers appear to have been initiated, it looks like you are just waiting for the process to complete. It can take a little time to happen and we’re aware of an issue where it isn’t reflected in the UI what is happening.

1 Like

Welp, Vrakthris, I get the dunce hat - I had both a ton of heirlooms and a ton of caged pets on both toons. They are now happily packing their bags and on their way. Thx!

2 Likes