Purchased 8 character server transfer and can't use it

As the title states, purchased the 8 character server transfer, paid via PayPal, confirmed it shows successful but do not have the option to move any characters. Made the purchase via the in game shop at character selection menu.

1 Like

Chances are the payment might take a little bit to process, the system might be a little busy due to the new service discount. Best to give all purchases at least 24 hours, no matter the estimated time you might initially see.

2 Likes

PayPal is notorious for be slow to release funds, give it about 24 hours at the most.

1 Like

My PayPal is linked to my credit card and the transaction is already showing posted to my credit card activity, in this case Discover. I used the same method for payment about a month ago on a single character and was able to server transfer immediately after the purchase.

This can mean that the funds are held, but it can take up to 72 hours for the funds to be transferred. Paypal, even with a method of payment attached, may take a little time to complete.

It is also entirely possible that there is simply a small delay being this system was recently updated and currently having a sale.

If you check your transaction history, Mystical, does it say complete? It’s supposed to be available if it does. You may also try logging completely out and back into the game.

5 Likes

Yes, the order states it is complete on the transaction history page. I have completely closed WoW and Bnet with no luck.

Mystical, see if anything has changed for you. You may need to try logging out and back again.

2 Likes

Still nothing

I purchased a transfer earlier via card payment linked to my account.

Usually, it asks for the character being transferred and desired realm which it didn’t. and poof, nothing. The money did leave my bank, adding this comment here in case others have this issue today.

1 Like

This has been my experience as well. I actually moved around 12 characters a little over a year ago and each one was immediate and I was prompted for destination realm each time I made the purchase. Today it just took the money and nothing. I thought it might be a little different since it was 8 characters I bought but not sure what the expected behavior is for the bulk move.

Having the same issue here-- transaction says complete, but no token on my character select screen as it mentions in the bundle page. I bought a bundle of 3 transfers.

Also, re: not being prompted for destinations immediately, my understanding of how it works from the purchase page is that you are buying tokens for character transfers, not the transfer itself. The bundle purchase page mentions you’ll see “a new icon will appear on your character selection screen showing how many available Character Transfers are available to use.” So you can save them for later on down the line, if you wish.

Edit: Just wanted to add, I got my tokens in just now. I don’t know if logging off for a bit helped, but logging back in after a couple of hours away found them right where they should be.

Thanks, Maharriel. I’m not sure why you folks cannot see the Tokens on the Character Selection screen. They are appearing on your account from my point of view, so you do have them.

I’ve already forwarded the information so it can be looked into.

6 Likes

Hey Vrakthris, I’ve had a couple tickets in about this issue and I keep getting fixes/suggestions from GMs, but there’s more to it. I do apologize for getting salty in the other thread. So, just to add to the conversation, here’s where I’m affected:

1. Purchase says completed. Showing up on statement.
  2. Transfer tokens available on screen.
  3. Only affects RP realms.
  4. One GM said it was because the realm was full. I tested it on RP realms that were not full. Same problem.
  5. Works just fine if I select a non-RP realm. It lets me get up to the “Accept” part of the transfer.

Baffling, weird, also realizing y’all are doing a lot. <3

Edited to add: The error message when trying to transfer to an RP realm is “There was a problem with your order. Please try again.”

5 Likes

Excellent troubleshooting details! This is the kind of thing that really helps them fix bugs/issues. Maybe our Forum Support Agents can pass this on.

Hopefully it gets fixed for you all soon.

7 Likes

I purhcased the 3 pack of the transfers. It took a minute or two for the tokens to appear. I have tried two transfer so far, it allowed me to select the character and the destination realm, however when I clicked the Accept button it cycled back to the character screen and consumed my token, and doesn’t show Transfer in Progress at all. I did use Bnet balance to purchase the service.

I did this for one toon on Sargeras and one on Lightninghoof, both were intended to go to Area 52

I submitted an ingame ticket as well. Issue Id is 83182872

1 Like

As an update to my post, it appears the transfer issue has resolved itself while I slept.

7 Likes

I don’t really have a whole lot to add here, outside of the fact that I purchased a 3 character transfer and also never received. I opened a ticket and the first GM stated that there was an account sync issue which should have fixed it, but it didn’t. I replied to that ticket, and was told to wait 24 hours.

Similar to a prior poster, my order shows as completed on my battle.net account, funds withdrawn. Really hoping that this is just resolved when I get home, but I’m not super hopeful as I’ve never had any services delay like this and that initial GM seemed to state that there WAS an issue initially.

I wanted to update that we are investigating an issue with Transfers to RP designated realms. Thanks for the reports.

5 Likes

Any update to those of us that cannot even see the tokens to use for those of us who purchased the bundle?

No update on that, sorry.

I do see them listed as delivered to your account, so we’re looking at why they aren’t displaying to you on your character select screen.

3 Likes