PTR PvP Gear Vendor

New gear is up on the vendor.

Honor gear starts at iLvl 177/190 (PvE / PvP iLvls). 7 ranks of upgrades.
Conquest gear starts at iLvl 220/233 (PvE/PvP iLvls). 5 ranks of upgrades.

Speculative chart of iLvls per rank (have not tested conquest upgrade vendor)

Honor Gear
PVE - PVP
177 - 190
184 - 197
190 - 203
197 - 210
203 - 216
210 - 223
216 - 229

Conquest Gear
PVE - PVP
220 - 233
226 - 239
233 - 246
240 - 253
246 - 259

11 Likes

Terrible of course, will not be playing if it goes live

65 Likes

Rank 5 upgrade of Honor gear requires Renown 61. No requirement listed yet for Rank 6 or 7 upgrades of Honor gear.

2 Likes

This is truly miserable

48 Likes

Please if any developer or Blizzard representative reads this, send the team a message that having gear ilvl disparities in PvP makes the game worse for anyone but RMT websites that offer Boosting service’s.

50 Likes

It’s ok, after 6-7 weeks to get to Renown 61 you’ll be able to an item level of 203 / 216 (PvE / PvP). In what other expansion has the season 2 honor gear been so far below the iLvl of even the previous season’s conquest gear. This is silly…

37 Likes

great to see that bliz accepted the feedback about their attempted wod gearing system and ignored it completely with big ilvl jumps (that may potentially have similar or larger effected disparities in current build) and time gated renown for low ilvl pieces with honor.

THANKS BLIZ YOURE THE BEST

41 Likes

I mean, heck, why is the rank 1 iLvl on the season 2 honor gear lower than the max of the season 1 honor gear?

18 Likes

This won’t even allow for people to catch up and start the new season on an even playing field.

57 Likes

Exactly, I mean they’ll even be at a disadvantage to folks in max rank season 1 honor gear. This is nonsensical.

15 Likes

It is possible they plan on nerfing season 1 PVP gear ilevel on patch day.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Hopefully I can still weasel my way into 15s with 246 gear for KSM

This is by far the most irrational change PvP ever had. It’s only going to make pvp way worse than in season one, which is already terrible.

32 Likes

i am going to scream at the sun

24 Likes

Oh god why did I click this thread expecting good news…

27 Likes

id like to know what universe blizz is based in because its not this one

24 Likes

Renown is the worst system I have ever seen.

4 Likes

I feel like they are doing this stuff on purpose just so we try really hard to understand and talk about it.

1 Like

I’m genuinely upset because I’m still deciding what to gear and chilling on low cr across all my toons, and now I feel like I need to push to a good rating before the season ends for good gear on whatever character I decide to play or main next xpac.

idk man, I had an easier time in s4 bfa (during corruption vendors) on a fresh alt end season in comparison to slands now. And season 2 is just worse by comparison, this is actually egregious.

14 Likes

Every day I look the other way and mind my own business and keep playing my way but wow… this ilvl jumps and the game t this company just doesn’t get it makes it really hard to play sometimes

7 Likes