Gearing alts easier in 9.1?

Nope. Sorry lil flip

You can’t have alts unless you have a regular group of solid PvPers to play with

4 Likes

No its worse actually 9.1 is just more 9.0 grind added on.

There will be ketchup in some areas like renown but i dont know about gear.

2 Likes

Nope its even worse

1 Like

It can get worse?! :joy: Great, thanks for the information guys.

EDIT: @carna- I’m in the Vindication Battlegroup and there’s literally no PvP guilds! Can anyone recommend a better battlegroup for Horde? Over the last year, whenever I search for PvP guilds via Guild finder, there’s only two in there and they aren’t even active! I’ve also never found any leads asking in game chat either.

1 Like

Seems like the trend since WoD lol.

4 Likes

Correct me if this post is false - PTR PvP Gear Vendor

Basically, rich will be richer.

Honor gear will be from 190 to 210 without renown, and 229 gated by 4-6 weeks of renown. So barely above top season 1 gear. So essentially beginning of the season will be as bad for casual players as right now, and worse for fresh alts.

Rated players on the other hand will start ahead as they will not need to spend honor on upgrades and instead can pool it for conquest upgrades.

The only remedy is that you won’t be able to sit on rating for more than one week for gear upgrades. So people will need to maintain their rating as the conquest cap expands. So this will punish some carried players. They also told that maybe they might inflate MMR at a much faster rate [so that at some point you won’t be losing any rating until at least first or even second upgrade threshold].

The only hope is patch 9.1.5 where they bring gearing catch ups, and then fixing gear in 9.2 altogether, after hopefully seeing the total failure of the new season.

9 Likes

Ketchup is delicious

Wish it would get easier. A lot of what I want to do later in patches is just casually play bgs, bouncing around on different alts. Hard to do that on even a 197 honor geared character with ret paladins running around final verdicting for 24k.

Really tired of the upgrade systems. Wish gear could just be gear. And pvp gear easier to get with a pvp stat applied to it so its not great in pve content.

1 Like

Yes it is becoming worse for alts.

I don’t see a fix till 9.1.5/9.2…maybe. That is a big maybe.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

gearing alts is harder in 9.1

lul uwu xd

If you’re not already geared, I wouldn’t even bother with PVP. It’s in a horrendous state and trying to gear up an alt just isn’t worth the headache. The game is meant to be fun and PVP in SL is anything but fun.

9.1 gearing is only good if you are duelist or better in rated pvp right now, for everyone else its an objectively worse patch which will only be extremifying the current issues in pvp.

even the devs won’t play in this mess, they used ilvl equalization on the PTR.

1 Like

Based on what I am seeing if you can gather a PVE set high enough in theory you could do PVP.

But that is a rather large work around with how messy the PVP gearing situation has become just to PVP heading into patch 9.1.

And yeah for alts patch 9.1 makes it DoA for them to progress in a meaningful manner.

2 Likes

Yeah, I guess my suggestion for the devs to play in max honor gear and the players to play in max conquest gear was ignored. :frowning:

That gear has a massive time sink grind and will be way behind the curve by the time you could max it out. It’s also relatively weaker in pvp to pvp gear of the same item level.

Carrot on the stick, but the carrot is rotten.

i saw a video somewhere as well that elite, rare, and world bosses is probably the best way to gear before you get conquest gear.

1 Like

It will probably be faster to upgrade Korthia gear than to farm honor for S2 honor gear. If there wasn’t the renown gates with PVP gear I would agree.

Basically you are going to have to PVE anyways so it is more efficient and effective to use PVE gear as starter gear over S2 honor PVP gear.

Only switch over to S2 conquest gear since it will be a higher ilevel in PVP.

I think with Korthia alts can get in at 200 ilvl but I’m not sure what mains will be at. I’m guessing there’s a 35+ ilvl gap at the least.

You can upgrade the Korthia gear up to 233. which means it will be on par with base conquest gear.

The amount of time to obtain honor+ conquest may end up being greater than farming Korthia gear to 233.

The only edge is that PVP gear has deterministic stats while Korthia gear is RNG.

1 Like

Interesting. I was thinking of using alts in Korthia and looks like i’ll keep it that way. For my main I regularly play only around 1600 ish in arena, wonder what the mythic + equivalent of that would be?