Oceanic Realm Connections for PvP Matchmaking in WoW Classic

Yesterday, we opened up region-wide PvP matchmaking for Oceanic players, to ensure that all players in this region who compete for rewards actually play against one another. Following that update, however, we heard loud and clear from players who know how it feels to play on distant servers. High latency is not worth the upsides of potentially smoother matchmaking.

With weekly maintenance on Tuesday, June 1 (10:00 p.m. AWST, Midnight AEST, 2:00 a.m. June 2 NZDT), we will revert this change.

We’re committed to providing a responsive, enjoyable game to players in every part of the world, and we will pay careful attention to PvP on Oceanic realms over the first few weeks of the first season of Arena play. We’re looking for ways to improve matchmaking and players’ ability to rank up without introducing unbearable lag.

We don’t want to permanently implement a region-wide rewards system where some of the players never play against the others. We’ll have an update on that for you in the weeks to come.

Thank you very much!

153 Likes

Thank you for listening blizzard <3

19 Likes

Thank you.

11 Likes

Thank you.

5 Likes

Thank you Blizzard

5 Likes

They listen!!! Woo.
Cancelled my refund request thank you.

4 Likes

Common sense prevails, I am actually shocked. Thanks Blizzard

7 Likes

Thank you blizzard for listening <3

4 Likes

Thank you!!!

3 Likes

“We don’t want to permanently implement a region-wide rewards system where some of the players never play against the others. We’ll have an update on that for you in the weeks to come.”

Sounds like we are about to be screwed still

I’m still unsubbed

6 Likes

Sense has prevailed, I will resub come the changes on Tuesday

1 Like

Implementing a region wide system where that region encompasses 2 completely different hemispheres is untenable. I hope you guys understand the BG group system like it was in TBC is a better solution where ping is a major factor not only from a competitive sense but also an enjoyment sense.

3 Likes

Thank you for listening :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. I found it odd the US queue times went up too. I don’t think anyone wanted this.

3 Likes

Thank you for listening to your player base.

It would be great to open these types of discussions up to the players before implementing changes in future.

10 Likes

I think blizzard should now know better to make drastic changes without at least letting the player base know beforehand. But thank you for listening to us.

3 Likes

It’s a logistical impossibility that you would ever have all participants vsing all other participants to begin with, as long as OCE is linked to NA you are always going to have a subset of players who logistically will never see each other (you know, because of sleep, etc, disregarding rating to begin with).

9 Likes

id rather play max difficulty ddr with 3 facemasks and a snow jacket on than this parody and thats saying some…

o wot it’s over? tyvm qt <3 resubbing all my accounts

11 Likes