Not gonna lie, Trading post is my favorite feature of Dragonflight so far

I got to be honest, aside from the Talent trees being one of the few interesting features (or feature honestly) that Dragonflight has to offer, Trading post really caught my attention.

I’m quite impressed for something that is relatively small and doesn’t really impact much the content around it, it is very rewarding to do by playing the game however you fancy to get rewards for those who participate in it. And all without spending a dime? :smiley:

Mmm. Me likely this return of the OG video game feature. :drooling_face:

And it’s a nice alternative solution to the problem of the lack of world quests since launch of Dragonflights.

In my opinion, it’s a great addition to the game and i only wish it stays and improves. :slight_smile: :+1:

Few criticisms though:

1. Max cap. Come on, this is not valor to get gear upgrades, it’s just cosmetics. :expressionless: This is the biggest problem which i’l get more into later on.
  2. It’s buggy, while it’s nothing major and my problem was sloved by reloging, i did DC’ed once and the progress was reset, but after a little bit and a relog, it was fixed right where it ought to be.
  3. There should be more activities on there, like doing archoeloty, crafting things, doing single player races, doing heroic dungeons, as well doing harder content like heroic raids, doing emotes to guards, killing a certain amount of rares, finding a certain amount of treasures, going out in the world and learning about the lore, maybe help a low level player out, i mean there’s a lot more you can do with this really.
  4. Rewards are hit and miss, but this is mostly a subjective point honestly.
  5. …Have we still not figure out a way to make sure people aren’t crowding around the NPC, or have a button that allows us to click though players like in Perfect World?.. Like Oy! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
  6. A month long cycle refresh is a little over the top tbh. I think two weeks would’ve been better, but that’s just my opinion.

Part 2: Monetization issues.

Something i should talk about is the monetization concerns. I’l be honest with you, i personally don’t see how this is a Battlepass prototype honestly. I mean, as i’ve eluded to earlier, this sort of thing isn’t new recently, it’s been in games forever. It’s just it’s monetized version of that. This is what happened to unlockable costumes for the most part.

Not to go lengthy here, because some people might not like that, so here’s a short list of examples of what am i saying here when i refer the Trading post as “mini-meta challenges to earn rewards”.

• Saints Row 4 and Far Cry 5 has their mini challenges for XP and perks.
  • NFS Carbon with their challenge cards. It has 4 challenges, if you complete all 4 challenges on that card, you will unlock the reward
  • Gran Turismo, i would imagine have a challenge that is like… “gold 3 races to get $200 and 2K XP.”
  • The Sims 2 and 3 has little challenges in their Wants/Wishes where upon completing them will grant you Aspiration points/buffs and some points to spend on objects/traits.
  • Or in Overwatch, it gives you a challenge of wining 10 pvp matches and it will give you coins.

With that said, i’m not dismissing this concern entirely, i just yet to know or understand where this idea is coming from, and personally, i think we might have to wait and see what happens. Could they monetize it and ruin the feature? Maybe, maybe they won’t.

But that’s my opinion on this, let me know your opinion about it, and hopefully have a great day. :slight_smile: :+1:

And that’s an order. I’m kind of not having the best of days since my internet provider for suddenly being crud. :expressionless:

Part3: Cap.

Like… Really? Come on. Like honestly, this is the biggest issue with this. For somebody who finds this sort of meta-challenge thing fun, and wanted to keep going and earn rewards, are going to be stopped artificially by this cap here. And for a month refresh, that’s unacceptable honestly. I still like this, but this cap is just pants.