Male Night Elves/Nightborne remodel compilation

((TL: DR before the links)

So, I was bored and searched for official art of Male Night elves. as one who is constantly (and obviously failing since I doubt my voice alone will change much) found a thread on MMO champion from 2008 and this part made me chuckle:

This ofc left Nelves far behind, rather than on par in a wild beauty vs polished beauty kinda way. So now, working on them together, makes me think there is a real chance for night elf models to come out decent… fixing animations like their walking and their casting, which were horrendous [night elf male i’m looking at you], I think they tried to shoot for a deadly grace in the night elves but came out with goofy/flaky,flimsy feel.

This was talking about the remodel coming or a remodel coming, for some reason, but it seemed to me that they were always like that, Blizz intends them to be always like that (even with the terrible casting animation the male has) and possibly won’t care updating or changing, unless they update every race in some other patch/expansion, but keeping their figure the same.

As a company, I am sure Blizzard knows they can’t stay stagnant for the sake of nostalgia, and they haven’t stopped at rechanging classes for this, either. Shadow Priest with Voidform is one. So, in this case, I feel changing models physique should take a nice priority over nostalgia as well, because otherwise… well, is bad.

It is scary how long it took to fix the Worgen and Goblin, and even then, they didn’t get a physique change, just a texture update for the most part. And only, or mostly, because they looked older since they were not updated in WOD, if I am not mistaken. I know it takes a lot of work, but you did it with Zandalari, you did it with Vulpera, especially did it with Kultirans.

And Night Elves (contrary to Nightborne) would not require a complete physical overhaul. It’s mostly their chest/waist, neck as they look hunched and some animations. They Idle animation, Stealth and primary casting animation. I feel they have a good second casting animation when they separate their arms then shoot it (You could see an example when casting Flurry with a male Night Elf) .

Nightborne has less problems, because even if they share many, their idle animation is not bad, they look more updated for logical reasons, but retain several problems regarding the headache casting animation, all but one face are old, extremely old faces when this should not be a thing, as we know Nightborne have no problem having kids. So young Nightborne should be a thing not only reduced to a face that’s hardly young either.

They could look skinnier than male Night Elves, but there’s no reason to look so much. In fact, male Nightborne in Suramar didn’t look that skinny physically in comparison to Night Elves. And when you use NPC models of Suramar in BFA content and not the playable model, you know there’s a problem with it.

These two races need help, and the rig is not the problem, because, again, look at Zandalari.

I could be editing this post with more things and making it better to read if it gets enough attention, though. These type of remodel petitions are not as popular as it was with Worgen and Goblin for logical reasons, and I know Blizz knows, but they might think is not enough to warrant using manpower on it.

TL:DR: searching a bit further, I stumbled to some threads requesting changes (won’t put mine, though) and if it’s possible, if all of these are in one single post, Blizz could notice. We could also put the Nightborne model here as a request, as it is unfair how Zandalari, Nightborne and Male Night Elves have the same model and if you see Zandalari standing beside the other two, you’ll think the Elves are from Classic WoW in comparison.

(Feel free to add yours and I could edit it, but most of these are of recent time)

8 Likes

I didn’t even realize Male Zandalari are based off the Night Elf rig until I noticed one of the male Zandalari idle animations is that dumb shoulder adjust.

Nightborne need a complete model revamp, ESPECIALLY the male ones. They look atrocious right now.

5 Likes

That’s actually an exclusive Zandalari animation.

Agreed.

Yeah. I legit love the female Nightborne, but comparing her to the Suramar model shows a big difference regardless.

The males are quite strange.

I guess I’m the only nightborne player that is fine with how they look. I like looking gaunt and if you look the shirtless male nightborne npc guards they also have some pretty extreme proportions. They could use maybe a small touch up to look more similar and some more customization (some more younger nightborne looking faces, skin tones etc) but I don’t want a high res night elf. I like playing a scrawny little ghoul elf.

1 Like

Why are the people who like their Nightborne looking ugly low item level and low post history characters.

The race is half baked, and unfinished.

Quit being so negative to people’s requests.

1 Like

Nightborne males need a pretty/neutral face option. Night elf males have one and can look better with facial hair. I don’t want the only option to be perma stank face tbh.

For most of BfA I’ve been mistaking Zandalari NPCs/mobs at a distance for Night Elf NPCs. I only realize my mistake when I notice that they’re hostile.

1 Like

I’ll agree with this. One of my favorite headpieces to wear on my druid was Feathermoon Headdress and its recolors. I can’t bear to wear it on my male night elf because his forehead was reshaped so that the headdress slips down over his eyes. It looks awful. Since the race overhaul, I’ve noticed that my night elf looks far goofier than he used to. I have no complaints at all about my female night elf characters, but the male night elf needs to be looked at.

2 Likes

Uh… what? I literally said I was fine with new customization options. I just don’t want to be forced to play something different. I’d love to look more like the npcs, but if I wanted to play a night elf I’d just play night elf. Also chill out, I agreed with most points except for one, I don’t think my post was being at all negative.

It’s time, blizzard. Fix the Nightborne. Make them into the race we fell in love with 4 years ago.

Also the male night elf model is a travesty and needs some proportions re-evaluated.

2 Likes

I’m cool with the Nightborne customizations. My only issue is the running animations for both male and female seem off. It’s like they’re running in slow motion. I’m totally cool with more customization - the more, the better - but their rig really needs some work

1 Like

I like the nightborne too but they should be more skinny like starved

1 Like

My main wish for male Night Elves is for Blizzard to fix their waist area.

Looks like they tried to put on a corset and something went terribly wrong.

2 Likes

They already are skinnier than night elves. I don’t think they should look starved, though. You don’t just come out of a city of pure hedonism and look like you haven’t eaten in a week.

I think male night elf is the only model that looks better in classic. Our waist and hands sizes needs to be fixed already.
Out of all of the models in game why does it have to be the one I play that was rushed?
We look like Popeye after eating spinach.

2 Likes

I had an entire thread awhile back whining about how we look like misshapen sentient Doritos, how are chests are just these massive upturned triangles with legs sticking out the bottom. No waist/hips.

1 Like

If they looked closer to this…

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/012/801/834/large/matthew-mckeown-08-matthewmckeown-8-0-nightelfconcept.jpg

2 Likes

Starved thalyssra looked cooler

I’d love an option to look like the nightfallen.

1 Like