Night Elf Proportions

Anyone else have a issue with the night elf models? The god awful proportions on these guys is the worst. The waist is tiny as heck and the arms are bigger then the torso and abdomen on the night elf. Their stance makes them have a hunched neck and their legs are way to close together. My biggest problem is the waist and arm size, they need to make the arms smaller so they actually look like they fit instead of spongebob when he had those air arms. It looks really bad as a model, which is one of the reason I had to switch to a blood elf.

10 Likes

It was also one of the reasons I switched this character to a Nightborne. That was a mistake, so then I switched to Mag’har. But finally, I’m going to get Zandalari this Tuesday, and I’m not going to need to race-change ever again.

1 Like

Considering that they evolved from trolls, wouldn’t it make sense that they look a little odd?

2 Likes

Agree. I can’t bring myself to mog a shirt/pants combo on this character because it looks ridiculous on males. Clownish. It’s like they just added muscles and facial hair to the female models.

Yea lol, nightborne got legs so skinny that they never look good in any armor.

1 Like

I have no issues with proportions.

Yea but trolls don’t have the issues that night elves have, they are just hunched over. Their body atleast looks proportional.

My rogue begs to differ.

Also yes, NE males do have a horribly awkward waist. I tried to play one once and deleted it because it just bugged me so much ><

The Nightborne Females are absolutely perfect, and I don’t even care that their eyes are a little different.

But when it comes to the Nightborne Males… oh boy.

Yea no, female nightborne were build perfect imo, the male nightborne weren’t all the shoes look awkward on them because of how skinny their legs are and the thighs on the males are skinny as heck as well.

Well at least you guys are making me feel better. I’ve always avoided playing male characters because I’m not crazy about their models. Except of course male undead, they’re totally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: in my eyes. Male orcs & trolls are also good models.

Yea, those 3 male models look great because they are fictional and the bodies look proportional, all the alliance races look the steroid-ed man clones, except for gnomes. I just don’t play undead and trolls due to hunch.

Yep same, I always thought the human males were the worst. Then they updated the human models and just, ugh, it got even worse somehow.

If you’re expecting realistic proportions in a cartoony video game, you’re going to have a bad time.

2 Likes

Not “realistic”.

Just add a few sizes to male waistlines so we don’t look like female bodybuilders.

lol, night elf and nightborne males.

The only thing that can be done for them is mercy killing them.

1 Like

That’s their proper anatomy. The Trolls are their ancestors so they are supposed to have that body model.

Tsk tsk. That’s not a very Lovefool thing to do. More like a Hatefool.

I’m so disappointed :frowning:

But trolls don’t have that issue. neither do any other elf race

EDIT: Blood Elves are not on the same evolutionary branch as the Night Elves are. Yes, both are elves but they are different …species?..is that the right word? Oh well…

There’s a lot in common between the two races. Observe the following images:

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_folder_media/3IGZEWFJ1IR61407871974081.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3060/2722590531_6d6988ff9b_b.jpg

Both have too narrow a waistline.
Both have arms that are almost as long as their legs.
Both have oversized shoulders.
Both have super large hands.

That’s a normal anatomy for a Night Elf in this game. Yes, I understand that puts people off. When I signed up, I wanted an attractive body model and the female Night Elves don’t have it. The Blood Elves do so I went with that…

…but the big clown feet kinda “eeeeshs” me out a bit.