Night Elf Models Are Goofy

Specifically the males, does anyone else think the current model looks kind of goofy?

Night Elves used to be my favorite race, ever since I started playing in BC. Over time however, they just kind of lost their luster. It wasn’t until I re-rolled one in Classic that I realized that the current models are the problem. Night Elves looked cool…er before the model updates. Now they’re just kinda, well, goofy looking.

I think the current models need an overhaul.

Edit: Some people in this thread have compared the males to Popeye, which I think is fairly accurate.

22 Likes

yep, doubt they will do anything about it though

3 Likes

Yup, their proportion are kind of strange. I wish they were as attractive as male void elves.

8 Likes

Female night elves have fallen after the remodel to below space goats

2 Likes

Male night elves are hideous and females have goofy faces. I have no hope that the added customization will fix their bad casting animations or their models.

5 Likes

People play night elf for the males?

6 Likes

Wasn’t the goal to keep the “essence” or “feel” of the original models? I think I remember something like that being said. I can’t really say they succeeded with Night Elves.

I never thought Draenei were that bad. They more or less stayed the same… as far as I can tell at least. I never really played them. I’ve never liked the male “refrigerator” look, and I just can’t do hooves in general.

I mean, I did… not anymore though. I don’t think many people play for the females either, for that matter.

NIght elfs were my favourite race back in War 3, such bad asses.

Very depressing what blizzard did to them in WoW.

10 Likes

And they’re kind of being overshadowed by the other elves a bit too. As cool as they look, I think it was a bad call to add Nightborne and Void Elves.

2 Likes

I like the females. They’re beautiful and athletic.

5 Likes

Night elf males don’t look at all like Tolkien elves. Their rib cage is ginormous and their waist line is tiny.

To me the words “sinewy” and “angry” come to mind.

3 Likes

Who are you calling goofy? I’d have you know I look very edgy tyvm.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m a sucker for women with abs. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I want male Night Elves to look more like this.

Also. When are we gonna be able to obtain this gear?

26 Likes

They’ve been goofy since game release 15 years ago

Taking away goofiness would be like making gnomes taller. Or like giving orcs straight back, oh wait.

1 Like

True, they’ve always had a bit of a goofy vibe. I mean, the male’s backwards walk is a moonwalk. But, with the new models, they took away whatever grace and ferality that they had, and went overboard on the goofiness.

2 Likes

All I want is for blizzard to fix my awkward cartoonish popeye body proportions. Is that so much to ask blizzard?

Blizzard wont let us have that until they cover the female version up more because times.

3 Likes

pat pat of course you’re edgy. The edgiest Night Elf there is.

I don’t think it’s too much to ask. Popeye, yes, that’s a good example.

I don’t think it’s so bad. Maybe we are a little off, but we’re better than nightborne males.

4 Likes