Just logged in for 35 min. . . then logged out in disgust

I just logged in to WoW to see if I could gear up an alt. I did some world quests and earned 4 caches.

Cache 1: 385 ilevel gloves I already had
Cache 2: 370 ilevel chest, not an upgrade
Cache 3: 385 ilevel belt, I have a 390
Cache 4: 370 Helm, I have 370

Meanwhile. . . I have 355 trinkets, 350 rings, 355 boots, 365 back, 370 legs

I could have had 4 upgrades. . . and instead I got 4 useless pieces of gear.

Gearing feels like absolute garbage in this Xpac. It has been so much better in even the last few expansions that it is totally ridiculous that people are leaving WoW because of how obnoxious it is.

132 Likes

My condolences.

14 Likes

You could do mythics, mythic+, normal+ raiding, or pvp for gear… you know, the real way to gear instead of logging on for world quests. I couldn’t imagine end game being world quests like it is for so many people.

90 Likes

But people told me that the endless rain of gear kept people playing longer. Hmm :thinking:

34 Likes

I really hope you weren’t planning to play Classic, dude.

53 Likes

Just collect transmog

5 Likes

Complaining about getting free gear :rofl:. If you want upgrades faster do some raids or dungeons, we will not have a targeted gearing system until 8.2.

28 Likes

FYI rings and trinkets cannot drop out of those caches. Also why do you think 30min of playing should be worth an upgrade?

48 Likes

Wow a whole 30 minutes an you didnt get the free wq loot you wanted oh wow thats awful

62 Likes

This is why we need a currency gearing system/upgrade system and also why world content rewards need to be dialed back a bit. World quests giving gear equivalent to heroic raiding or mythic+10 and above is a bit insane. It really has spoiled players. If it came from engaging world content that’d be a different story but world quests and warfronts are afkable and mindless.

13 Likes

It’s only free if they mail it to me when I log into the game.

I still have to actually go do something to attain that gear.

It’s a surreal concept, I know.

Stop being so Emo, Picklez.

16 Likes

An assault takes anywhere from 30-45 minutes and you think 35 minutes is enough time to see a difference in your gear. You’re playing the wrong game, bud…

There’s a reason why some of our mains have well over 500 days logged since Vanilla.

6 Likes

Wow omg you did some wq here sir heres your heroic raid loot you deserve. those world quest were so difficult i honestly cant believe it only took you 30 minutes, wow you must be a god of WOW.

13 Likes

Please, continue to make things worse for the raiding community.

That’s a smart idea.

Here a silly little tidbit for you: this is the RNG expansion. And master loot is gone.

Maybe stop hurting your fellow raiders with horrendous RNG from getting upgrades.

4 Likes

Agreed, I keep a sweat rag next to my desk for the hard work I put into while I play memory with the turtles or shoot crabs and seagulls. Sometimes it gets pretty hectic. World quest and warfront gear are serious business and that’s why they are heroic raid gear ilvl.

17 Likes

The only rings and trinkets come from the turtles I believe.

6 Likes

But OP, I was under the impression that when you hit 120, you were handed a box full of ilvl400 gear.

8 Likes

They do for the most part. OP is 401 ilvl and hasn’t touched a key or raid. they have done a little bit of 2’s and got to 1700 but that’s still crazy low on the totem pole.

Nice try though.

Edit - they haven’t even finished most dungeons on normal difficulty, which is some of the most basic content of the expansion but still geared 400+

gg

20 Likes

Man I am gonna need to replace the strings on my violin with all these whine threads.

/plays tiniest violin for OP

9 Likes

You can play the game the way you want to play it but if you choose a suboptimal way to gear, it’s on you. If you want better gear, do m+ or raiding. World quests are useful to gear up new 120s but realistically are mostly for rep and ap.

3 Likes