High Elf POSITIVITY Thread 😎

This post has been revised after Blizzard’s compromise, and now honors the fact Blood Elves are High Elves and Void Elves have RP tools as well for the fantasy. Thank you for implementing.

254 Likes

Reminder that Ion Hazzikostas is a the Game Director, not the story designer.

Anything he says about Blood Elves and High Elves should be ignored.

74 Likes

Real talk, Ion should just be ignored with a lot of things. I feel he tends to share quite unpopular opinions for game design…

56 Likes

They have my support. Hopefully if they’re ever added, it’s in a way that’ll benefit the Sin’dorei story a lot too. I’d love to see them share heaps of new interactions together.

36 Likes

This is a lot of good work. It has links to the past mega thread and is positive in it’s message. I support HE as I always have, this is another good start.

31 Likes

do we need more high elf threads? I don’t think so.

move to strike.

thank you for your… whatever.

39 Likes

I think we need positive ones yes.

35 Likes

high elves are blood elves and already playable. and a high elf variant is also playable on the alliance

there is also at least 2 other active ‘high’ elf threads discussing the topic. this is basically spam

69 Likes

the only elves i approve of in game are Nightelves. because of bounce.

That is all.

4 Likes

nope not even going to play nice. an alliance ‘high’ elf is just a blood elf with a different opinion and extremely rare. they are few and FAR between

23 Likes

Well I’m positive there won’t be high elves.

Yeah the bounce always gets me.

8 Likes

Support for playable high elves!

Also while somewhat off topic we still talk about allied races in general in these threads so I have this proposal in regards to reorganizing the system and creating subrace options after selecting the base race.

Alliance

Humans:

• Stormwindian
  • Gilnean
  • Kul Tiran
  • Alteraci
  • Stromic
  • Dalaranian
  • Lordaeronian
  • Northrend Humans (slavic culture)

Dwarves:

• Bronzebeard
  • Wildhammer
  • Dark Iron
  • Frostborn

Gnomes:

• Gnome
  • Mechagnome
  • Leper Gnome
  • Protognome (northrend mechagnomes)

Alliance Elves:

• Night Elf
  • Highbourne
  • High Elf
  • Void Elf
  • Half Elf

Draenei:

• Draenei
  • Lightforged Draenei
  • Broken

Worgen:

• Gilnean Worgen

• Night Elf Worgen

• Northrend Human Worgen (more feral looking as well)

Horde

Orcs:

• Orc
  • Mag’har
  • Blackrock
  • Bleeding Hollow
  • Dragonmaw

Trolls:

• Jungle Troll
  • Sand Troll
  • Forest Troll
  • Frost Troll
  • Dark Troll
  • Blood Troll
  • Zandalari Troll

Tauren:

• Tauren
  • Highmountain Tauren
  • Taunka
  • Yaungol

Undead:

• Undead
  • Preserved Undead (nathanos model)
  • Skeleton (Many races, models already exist)

Horde Elves:

• Blood Elf
  • Nightborne
  • Undead Thalassian Elf
  • Undead Kaldorei Elf
  • San’layn

Goblin:

• Goblin
  • Gilgoblin
  • Mechagoblin
38 Likes

Really? I see them in many places? Stormwind, Dalaran, Boralas to name a few. See more of them than I do void elves. :smiley:

48 Likes

Then how come they were able to field a military fighting force on the Isle of Thunder that was able to at least match the Blood Elves?

Are you misinformed or just intentionally lying?

31 Likes

It depends really, the population argument is still being thrown around despite the fact that it doesn’t seem to mater anymore with other races.

32 Likes

It doesn’t matter, and it’s the Void Elves that proved it.

A very solid argument can be made that there are less Void Elves than High Elves.

44 Likes

An argument can be made that there are less darkspear trolls, tauren, draenei, and gnomes than high elves.

22 Likes

:blue_heart: :clinking_glasses: I have such a respect for the kind hearted arguments and artwork the community makes, and my take as a BE and VE fan I just hope Alliance HE’s become playable for people who love them as much as I love my two favorites!

More positivity and playable races :blue_heart:

17 Likes

I support high elves being playable.

I also support them being rolled into the void elves. Edit: I no longer support this part.

Further edit as some folk seem to be coming back to it:

I now support more void elf options and am much less interested in high elf ones.

I wish you luck.

12 Likes

You already have several. Use those. I’m tired of muting all of these spam threads.

And it’s the same army that’s been depleted over all these years, where even they don’t have an organized culture.

There aren’t. So no, an argument can’t be made.

16 Likes