Our configuration change to allow same-faction Battlegrounds is now live.

If you’d like to test it with us, please enter the Battleground queue in-game over the next four days, and then after you’ve experienced it, let us know how it went for you in this thread.

UPDATE 5:45 p.m. PDT July 2

We’ve fixed the setting that was allowing same-faction talk across opposing teams.

Thank you!

250 Likes

Oh it’s on! Get some!

19 Likes

ALL HAIL BLIZZARD. 25 SECOND QUEUES. Thank you!

105 Likes

First reaction, thank god. Also love the masks

Will edit more later

edit: Casting Mind Control on enemy player (that is wearing a mask) allows you to still hit them

30 Likes

mine was about a minute as horde

14 Likes

First impression, allowing /yell communication between opposite teams is going to be extremely toxic.

25 Likes

I LOVE IT!!! PLEASE KEEP IT! I just got into a BG INSTANTLY!!! And it feels so good… blizzard if u take it away that will be WORST than violently taking away candy from a child!!!

54 Likes

Instant queue, already amazing, good job Blizzard, thank you Kanye very cool.

41 Likes

its going great. please merge oceanic back with US, at least for arena.

12 Likes

I imagine emotes also work to then, and possibly different languages?

Thank you for this. My queue was less than a minute.

20 Likes

Might I suggest changing it so /yell isn’t understandable by both teams if it’s same faction

14 Likes

Please, please keep this system in place @Kaivax. In my experience, it’s a pretty 1 sided affair in battlegrounds where Alliance win an overwhelming amount of Battlegrounds. Im sure the team is able to pull the numbers on this.

Having these Battleground queue timers shortened on Horde opens up a whole new aspect to the game for us on Horde. The Burning Crusade experience when I played back in 2006-09 was short Battleground queues, and we could build resilience sets via honor.

This is vital for our success in Arena on the Horde side. 8000 honor for the trinket to break CC with 45 minute queues can literally take up to 16-24 hours of play time to get including wait time in queue. Without this trinket, you do not have a shot of success in arena.

On my 70 Hunter, I waited over 50 minutes to join an Eye of the Storm, only to join a half over game (Which really sucks to miss out on honor in such a long queue) only to lose to the Alliance with a score of – 2000 to 17. This makes the Battleground experience on Horde unplayable without these shortened queue times.

– A 17 year WoW Veteran :slight_smile:

38 Likes

Seriously the best change you guys possibly could have ever done! Good job! Queues are instant

32 Likes

I queued and got in right away nice change I don’t mind it staying

23 Likes

Even the 60s and under bracket is instant now we can make twinks nice.

27 Likes

This is fantastic - thank you blizzard

21 Likes

I don’t like the masks. Remove the masks or give us the option to click them off.

Also, ignore all the alliance tears. They may be delicious, but they’re just blowing everything out of proportion, as they always do.

12 Likes

Posting my update – EOTS Weekend Queue Pops in 3 minutes… a MUCH improved wait time from typically 47 minutes or so.

Please do not revert this change and take these fast queues from us. As an avid PvPer in WoW, I will not touch Battlegrounds with a 30+ min wait queue. I understand 10-20mins (Depending on the Battleground), but anything close to an hour is way too excessive for the average and even savy gamer.

Thanks for working on this change, and I certainly will advocate that this change is permanent. Nice to be able to participate in Battlegrounds once again!

22 Likes