Epic premades are toxic and totally violate the social contract and terms of service

I think the question for me is whether it’s an exploit. I’ve seen things that seemed less like an exploit that had simpler set ups which were deemed as exploits and Blizzard has indicated in the past that they don’t want a situation of organized vs disorganized which is why they limited the maximum queue size to 5 yet it seems they have neither acted nor communicated their expectations since OQueue auto premade.

I think even if they said it’s intentional and not just an unintended consequence of lowering investment in quality I’d still support the pug side. When have we ever sent in spies to see if there’s a premade on the other team? Most of us will stay until the end no matter how bad it is just so we don’t inflict the situation on the next player.

Blizzard restricted premades to 5 people.

Premade raiders are circumventing that restriction and gaining a significant competitive advantage over the other team.

Hopefully, we can agree it’s not good when a team decides to bypass the restrictions of a competition so they gain an advantage over other teams.

That doesn’t make it ok to bypass restrictions to roflstomp players who aren’t bypassing restrictions. Pugs are also part of this MMO and they respect the spirit of fair play.

16 Likes

Blizzard should come out with some opinion even if it’s non committal to action. They can even have it delivered by a community manager in a locked thread, something like they discourage sync queuing and intend to close the exploit at some point in the future and may take action in extreme cases. Or play Blitz if you don’t like it, whatever, just something to let us know.

Blizzard gave premade raids another shot when Ashran was first launched, but they were quickly reminded that premade raids vs. pugs is a very poor PvP experience. So Blizzard disabled premade raids.

Holinka tweeted:

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/646509604638035968

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/646509965465616384

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/646510211453194240

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/646510398091362304

Later on, Holinka once again emphasized they don’t like premade raids in random bgs.

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/312067433181618176

Unfortunately, those tweets were lost when Holinka deleted all of his old tweets.

But, it’s not like premade raiders listened to him even when the tweets were up.

15 Likes

Their lack of response since then is what they’re using to justify it as not being an exploit, which makes others feel they need to do the same to be competitive. At this point I think it’s more a matter of keeping honest people honest which could be cheaply achieved.

Just calling down God to strike me dead if they really exist.

doesn’t wow have a built in coms that anyone can utilize?

2 Likes

That nobody uses?

Good luck convincing 39 other pugs to use a feature that they never use during the prep period. They might not even have microphones plugged into their computers.

2 Likes

so they’re deliberately gimping themselves, refusing to utilize coms, and then complaining when others use it and calling it cheating and bullying? Y’all are too much lol

2 Likes

Do premade raids use the built-in coms?

5 Likes

quite a few people don’t even log in to disc, and only follow the written instructions. Stop blaming people who just know how and are willing to follow orders better than your average pugger (and probably are better at pvp too)

3 Likes

Why are you quoting something I never said?

Are we replying to fake quotes now?

So premade raiders are unfairly stacking their team with better PvPers.

2 Likes

why are you quibbling over whether the built-in coms is being used or not? It’s COMS. Use it or don’t, but don’t complain when others use coms. Do YOU even have a mic?

1 Like

Don’t tell people to use something that you guys also don’t use.

I do, but it’s not plugged into my computer unless I need to use it.

2 Likes

so you don’t have a mic. So now you think everyone else that plays the game has to play to your level, without mics, just because you either can’t afford one or are too lazy to install one.

“Holycow” indeed

1 Like

It’s not reasonable to expect a whole team of pugs to use a feature that they never use.

Even if you somehow managed to convince the entire team to enable this never-used feature during the prep period, they might not have microphones.

Voice chat is a clear advantage that premade raids enjoy over pugs.

2 Likes

How did we bully them? We skipped ROC, ran straight to their base, and went for the boss. We didn’t farm them. We killed Trem with over 90 resources left on the Alliance. If you consider “bullying” playing the objective of the game, then I don’t know what to tell you.

And they weren’t a pug. Don’t change the narrative. Half of the alliance team was another premade.

Bullying would be GY farming, slandering, or specifically hunting down other players, which is what plenty of other premades do. But we don’t do those things. We play and we leave.

4 Likes

What’s your opinion on unfairly stacking your team with better PvPers?

2 Likes

so now it’s cheating to be good at pvp? LMAO, you are amazing. But don’t worry, not all premade pvp’ers are equal

1 Like

maybe you should just stick to doing 2s arena, or solitaire.

So having 25+ coordinated people against an uncoordinated mass makes you better?

Where do I get these cognitive dissonance pills you seek to take so heavily?

11 Likes