Diamond Flask's HP5 snapshots

It really is disgusting. Runeblade had one redeeming quality and it was knee-jerk nerfed because “balance.” What is even more disgusting is that blizzard has blatantly lied that their test client showed that it didn’t scale. It has scaled since just before TBC release and I used it to level in TBC. Click on my profile and you will see that runeblade continues to scale to this day.

3 Likes

inb4 “reference client” is just a stock MaNGOS client. A lot of the “bugs” the “reference client” doesn’t see (and see’s) are common “bugs” in MaNGOS.

1 Like

Are they? Based on the gameplay videos I have seen, there are quite a bit of differences. To be fair, blizzard has had to adjust things to bring things back to where they were. The fact is they have been caught in a blatant lie.

3 Likes

:rofl:

You literally have no idea how this works do you.

you really don’t wanna go toe to toe against Keftenk’s theory crafting knowledge friendo

1 Like

It’s alright. This is a safe thread. Blizzard wouldn’t touch it with a 2000 mile long pole.

2 Likes

Protip: There is no “reference client”. Their libraries for Vanilla are obviously incomplete (at best) because Skull of Impending Doom+Discombobulator+Battle Chicken+etc. were all using TBC+ versions. The lie of a complete collection of Vanilla assets lets them gaslight the crap out of the community with little chance of this right here happening. But Blizzard managed to screw it up (shocker!).

2 Likes

yep, and rather than admit it and try to fix all of this - what are they doing instead?

LET’S SEND ALL THESE NUBS A TBC SURVEY AND GET THEM HYPED FOR THAT INSTEAD!

1 Like

wow. you think they’ll ban people using this to down bosses?

or nah, it’s working as intended?

Thanks for reporting a bug that strictly isolated to private servers. Maybe next before hyperventilation ensues over something you saw on youtube you’ll actually do your own testing and research.

Please point to the posts where they said those behaviors are consistent with their reference client. You won’t be able to, because you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the point of the reference client is.

What are you even talking about? They claimed Runeblade’s snapshotting and +healing mechanics weren’t present in Vanilla (they were) because “blerg blerg blerg doesn’t match our non-existent reference client that we use to justify whatever changes/unfixable bugs we need to justify blerg blerg blerg”.

3 Likes

So where is your proof that it actually existed in that state during 1.12?

Impressive use of Diamond Flask. The shenanigans are just going to get “worse”…

2 Likes

#WorkingAsIntended amirite?

2 Likes

For one, it’s personal experience. Other than that there is the fact that runeblade was never changed. Even in retail today it scales as looking at my profile proves. Occam’s Razor stipulates that it has always scaled. Has any item in WoW’s history ever been buffed to such absurd levels before?

Edit:

apparently paladins are more nerfed than originally thought?

1 Like

https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=17625/unholy-aura
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=17625/unholy-aura

Looks like it was changed at some point. Maybe it scaled with +Healing in Vanilla, maybe it didn’t. Blizzard said it didn’t, maybe they’re wrong.

By Magmy (40,046 – 8·36·150) on 2006/10/30 (Patch 1.12.1)
Correct. No movement speed increases stack, and this gives the 8% just like any other increase. New Final Edit: This stacks starting in 6.0.2, and the speed bonus was increased to 10%.

Even if it was manually changed, with the blanket increase of all speed enchants and speed bonuses to 10% it is unlikely anyone cared for a level 60 weapon in WoD other than fury warriors who could DW the weapon for double move speed bonuses. Even wowhead has comments of it scaling in WotLK.

1 Like

Huh? Explain to me how you came to this conclusion, because I have had skull for a very long time on my warrior in classic and it’s the original version of 100-500 drain, not the 60% drain it became in TBC.

Additionally, the only issue with discombobulator was the dismount and they fixed that rather quickly. Plenty of reasons for that issue to exist. I think you fundamentally don’t understand how classic was developed or built or what you are talking about.

also this…

2 Likes