Dark Iron Mole Machine update?

Hey Blizzard,
I understand this is probably a lower priority. But now that we’re in Shadowlands, would it be possible to add Mole Machine locations in Kul Tiras and Zandalar?

Also, I noticed an apparent bug. My Direbrew Remote malfunctions now, dropping me at the entrance to Blackrock Depths, instead of at the Grim Guzzler. (And this only happens on my Dark Iron characters)

69 Likes

Want. This.

Please update.

23 Likes

Really hoping they’ll update this racial. There are a lot of Dark Iron characters out there.

7 Likes

Blizzard, please give my Dark Iron Dwarves some love.

9 Likes

Yeah, I agree. I guess I get the canon reason one couldn’t burrow into Shadowlands, but there’s already a machine to draenor and outlands, so I don’t think that’s the case. Considering Magni and all of the historical sites, BFA zones should be easily in the sights of the ability. (I’m thinking about the few areas where dark irons are already present, even with their mole machines)

3 Likes

Not sure if I’m 100% for the ‘to Zandalar’ option, but a ‘to Kul’Tiras’ seems reasonable.
Can there be a ‘to Dalaran’ option as well? Just the Legion Dalaran.

3 Likes

The fact that I can burrow out of Shadowlands also invalidates this argument. Mole Machines have some kind of super quantum tunneling effect!

9 Likes

Signing in on this. Please, Blizz, keep us up to date throughout the expansions!

4 Likes

They need to do this. I understand that they will probably always be one expansion behind, but that means it’s BFA’s turn to get new ones.

4 Likes

The fact that this racial is superior to anything in Engineering still boggles the mind

Free racial vs. prof that requires spending 1000s to level up

cant make it make sense, pun intended

2 Likes

Why not? Theres at least two Dark Iron outposts in Zuldazar.

6 Likes

Because it would completely bypass the quests that open up Zuldazar to the Alliance.
If it happens, one of the Horde races should be given the same, but access to Kul’Tiras without the quests.
Unless Blizzard decides to lock it behind your first “gain a foothold” quest, which i would be ok with.

1 Like

Technically you can do that now, you just have to smuggle yourself onto the boat in Stormwind and you can ride it to Kul Tiras.

I haven’t played my DI much, but I’m pretty sure you have to visit the location to unlock it in your mole machine, which would accomplish what you’re asking for.

9 Likes

A quantum tunnel tunnel if you will.

6 Likes

You do.

4 Likes

Also, if you race-change to something else, and then back, your character remembers.

(But the sites aren’t BoA, so each character needs to learn them separately.)

2 Likes

It’s an awesome racial. Not necessarily superior… Just different.

I’ve considered making a Dark Iron Dwarf Mage who is an Engineer. And then I could get places more quickly than anyone else in the game.

4 Likes

you want to burrow into a floating sky island?

3 Likes

Well, you can burrow into the floating sky island to leave Dalaran…

6 Likes

Well, I’m sure we can find odd situations where several racial abilities maybe might not make as much sense…

I just want this one updated to fit the current content. Ostensibly, this racial was made for people who like farming old content.

(Combined with the indoors 4% speed boost, the 1% reduction to physical damage, and the on-demand dispel / primary stat buff, DI-Dwarves are the hands-down best race for farming old content)

3 Likes