(CS LOUNGE):Happy Halloween

Gah, trying to get these notification settings fine-tuned, but apparently the default was to set any thread I looked at to ā€œwatchā€. Now Iā€™m having to, one by one, switch threads back to ā€œnormalā€. (I changed the setting to ā€œneverā€ do that automatically, but everything before I found that setting ā€¦ there doesnā€™t seem to be a list or way to find them other than wait for a notification.)

Ok, got the avatar thing fixed, and it seems to have changed the background a little. Had to turn off the adblockers. =\

I can at least see which character Iā€™m posting on at a glance, rather than having to mouse over the exact spot in the corner and read the link.

2 Likes

Well, ugh. Looks like the lack of Ignore is probably here to stay. (Specifically, from a thread in General, Blizzard is using a forum type called Discourse, and the founder of that believes ignoring people prevents communication via the ā€œnuclear optionā€.) See Ignore feature? - #38 by Slant-drenden posts by Slant-drenden

:heavy_sigh: Between that and currently being unable to post on the only forum Iā€™m really here for ā€¦ these growing pains arenā€™t feeling good at all.

I was up till 4 this morning playing it. It is like crack, but more addicting. I also accidentally killed my horse last night when I ran into a tree. Thank the gods I got the CE so I can get a new race horse, it just starts over at trust level 1.

2 Likes

Also, it seems we only have a certain number of likesā€¦ That is a bit weird. Anyone know the number we have? I just got a warning that I only have a few left for today.

Good morning! Happy New Forums time, everyone. :slight_smile: Weā€™re still working out a lot of bugs; make sure to include them in the Website Bug Report Forum so we can smoosh em.

Iā€™m following up on a few things already, but I can answer a couple questions:

• Ignore: We do have a story in for this for feature development. Itā€™s not part of the traditional Discourse offering, but weā€™re using a modified version that our Web & Mobile team has been partnering on with the Discourse folks.

• Likes: This is limited based on Trust Level at first, but grows exponentially as you continue posting on the forums.

• Avatars: Weā€™re currently pulling all characters above Level 10. This should be pulling Armory data (exactly like the old forums), so avatars should update with those. Blizzard Avatars will be back Soonā„¢ļø.

• Notifications: You can choose what level of creepinā€™ you want to do on a specific thread. The levels are detailed below:

1. Watching: You will be notified of every new reply in this topic, and a count of new replies will be shown.
  2. Tracking: A count of new replies will be shown for this topic. You will be notified if someone mentions your @name (disabled currently) or replies to you. Threads you read in their entirety will default to this state.
  3. Normal: You will be notified if someone mentions your @name or replies to you. Default for all threads.
  4. Muted: You will never be notified of anything about this topic, and it will not appear in latest.

Edit: Speaking of quirks, working on fixing my post styling. :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks, hopefully you get your avatar back quickly.

Morning folks! Just popping in to check out all the shiny new stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gā€™morning, all! ā€¦At least, it still feels like morning to me. Sadly canā€™t use my other Jodariel for stuff, so hereā€™s New!Jodariel Poster Character.

Druids have a nice advantage with the Dragons of Nightmare Classic, heh heh. We can just use the portals.

1 Like

/gasp

Glaxi! You donā€™t have an avatar!?

(Side note: Uuuuuggggh, canā€™t do my actions in * * anymore. Just italicizes them. >.< )

EDIT: Sooo, neither does Glaxiā€™s post have the Blizz tracker badge.

EDIT EDIT: Nope, the button just doesnā€™t pop up if itā€™s the last Blue post. >.<

1 Like

Happy 14th anniversary to all WOW players

2 Likes

I can like a blue post though. So there is that at least.

1 Like

This might be the best choice of words Iā€™ve ever seen you use, Glax.

3 Likes

So it says Iā€™m out of likes for the day, yet still shows my like on the post. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

LOL, I actually posted on the Website Bug Report forum - Iā€™ve been adding multiple likes even though Iā€™m supposedly out and need to wait, originally 8 hours and now it says 7. I liked your post in spite of that message.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using :put my action in here: (using colons) which is common for the emojis (and sometimes I find a funny emoji for what I was about to say). :gasp:

1 Like

Going back to pack up my apartment in LA. Moving back to SD to take care of him. Really loved LA but excited to be back

4 Likes

Testing

3 Likes

It works and my daughters love Ariana so you get a like for posting it. :heart:

1 Like