Cross Realm Mythic Release - Alliance @ 98/100

Actually, the leaderboards suggest that nothing is tipped in our favor. But thanks for trying. Your horde-standard martyr-complex is showing.

1 Like

You know, this sort of fits you as well. Instead of taking ownership of things and fixing things long term for yourself you expect blizzard to fix the game to meet what you want when you want.

1 Like

The MDI racials favoring NELFs? the PvP free loot handouts? The cross mythic lockout just to appease the alliance loyalists? The massive experience bonus you get just for having Warmode on as an alliance? Right keep pointing to the leaderboards while ignoring systemic advantages the alliance are getting.

Fact is people of the horde spend more time doing the hard content and that is your only argument for why the horde should be castrated.

“The horde should be forced to twiddle their thumbs and wait because the alliance need help finishing their achievement” nice one

I do not think asking for a difficulty level to be released so I can EARN the loot is quite the same thing as welfare loot system. Specifically one that gives alliance heroic level gear and 30% extra resources for just logging on to pvp for 15 minutes and camp tortallan world quests with an alliance raid group against single players who just want to world quest with 10% extra AP. Blizzard is doing everything they can to appease the silly alliance that refuse to accept that the horde loyalists are not going to give up their life and freedom just to prop them up. It’s not going to happen. I have my own life to live and I should not be punished for that. You are asking me to make another toon and gear it to Mythic raider level on top of my own horde toon, guild and community. That is insane and an unfair burden on me because Blizzard decides to lock content the way they do.

What kind of depraved of thought answer is that? It is more than obvious that most players play both faction instead of being a prideful douche, so you are implying most players, including horde want things handed to them.

The against the overwhelming odds bullcrap happened because most alliance players, over the years, have transferred to the horde for one reason or another, leaving the faction with much less players than the horde. Warmode was failing and the horde was complaining because it was now PvE with better rewards instead of what they used to have in PvP servers.

Blizzard had to implemented rewards because warmode was one of the most relevant features of this pathetic expansion, so they gave something to the alliance to attempt to boost it population. But them another group of horde players started to complain because they were getting nothing, although they were outnumbering the alliance (I see you being part of this group).

The alliance never asked for additional items, more exp or gold, it was blizzard who failed to prevent this faction disparity and now everyone is facing the consequences. Don’t come here to blame one faction for the stupid things blizzard has been doing. I bet they don’t even know what to do to balance the factions again, after all they cannot even balance their classes.

3 Likes

There are literally scores of alliance posts coming in the forums where they have said that until the buffs are reverted they will keep pvp off because they refused to pvp unless the loot was “worth it” for them. So when you say never the fact is that it is easy to find the alliance demanding it to be given to them.

BUT SURE LETS PRETEND ALLIANCE DO NOT CRY AND BEG FOR FREE LOOT.

I came to the forums early in this expansion and begged for server balance in world pvp to make alliance an horde raid groups shard into each other. It was completely ignored by the community and the developers even though many others have asked for this. You see I do not want things handed to me. I want an experience that is fun and balanced. However this AOO just completely threw things off balance and made Horde who like to pvp in small groups fight large groups of alliance. And anytime the reward was not “good enough” for the alliance they just turned it off until it was good again. What a shame.

My post from early in the expansion

1- Astreon is a known troll, his thread was obviously to irritate the horde.
2- One of the replies you linked is not asking for gear but for an opportunity to complete the weekly. If the reward is there, there is no reason to abstain yourself, much less if it as easy as blizzard allow them to get it.
3- “Let’s get this bread boys!!”, “So has war mode reached a stable balance?”, not crying or begging. #2 is the same person asking for an opportunity to complete the quest.
4- FĂŒhrioĂčs was just trying to state a point (a not very good one tbh and, on top of that, way too early), not asking for free gear.
5- There are all is post-AOO. It is hard to believe a player proposed such an stupid answer to the population problem

I have to say I made a mistake, I generalized when I said the alliance never asked for free gear, I remember cases of both factions (yes, both) asking for handouts, my “posts read” count can attest to that, I have seen numerous stupid complains.

1 Like

I get it no one wants to have a bad time paying this game but I have never wanted people feeling punished for doing one thing or the other. My ideals and philosophy are so against what some of the vocal community want it’s obvious I won’t get my way if things remain the same but the game will also not grow because of these restrictions and balancing issues.

A popular opinion; One of the things mentioned by an earlier poster is something I agreed with because it made sense. It was to open cross realm mythic raiding for the other faction that is lagging after one faction finishes their achievement. This should help the Alliance get more players and trials during progression and ideally complete the achievement faster and then allow all players to get to cross realm mythic faster. I have supported this.

A less popular opinion is that cross realm mythic should just be released on a set timer and condition. So like after 6 weeks of the world first race cross realm mythic is opened or when both factions reach 50 9/9 boss kills. This way the horde (or one day the alliance) are not just waiting for this to open.

In terms of world pvp I can get loads of more examples where alliance players have posted in the forums asking for better loot post AOO and loads more before AOO of alliance refusing to even participate because of the PvP imbalances. These forum posters may have started the topic with one thing in mind but many alliance joined in to demand better loot. Regardless of all that I still stand by my earlier forum post requesting better server sharding of these raid groups. It would be better if war mode had specific types of sharding based on your group size so there can be more organic pvp of small groups vs small groups and large groups vs large groups.

As it stands it will always be skewed which is not fun. I support not only making sharding for big raid groups but to open AOO to both factions. In so much that horde can become a bandit for the alliance to also get the reward And/or specific queuing for world pvp raiding. There is no situation where three 40 player groups should camp out a dungeon, flight point, or quest without seeing equal and powerful resistance.

No there aren’t. You’re misreading the posts. For example, my post here:

This has nothing to do with your claim. In fact, I’ve had war mode on since it became a thing, and continued to be in war mode throughout 8.0, despite being outnumbered 10-1 or worse by Horde. Cause I like being the underdog.

What I’m pointing out here is that, while Horde outnumber Alliance by 2-1 on normal shards, Alliance outnumber Horde overwhelmingly on RP shards. And in other posts, I’ve asked for balancing mechanisms, such as mixing Alliance overflow RP shards and Horde overflow normal shards, or giving RP Horde a solo completion version of AOO to make sure they complete it in RP shards, to help balance RP war mode. Again, nothing to do with your point.

At the beginning of 8.1, I thought 400 was too good a reward for AOO, and was glad when they reduced it to 385 the next week. That was back when 400 was a good reward, though. And until recently, AOO continued to work; the Horde majority would creep up until Alliance got AOO, then after 1 week of AOO things were roughly balanced again with a small Horde majority (in normal shards).

In the most recent iteration, though, 385 was kind of junk, and PVP Alliance weren’t doing it. The issue wasn’t that we didn’t want to turn on war mode, because we were already in war mode. Rather, the issue was that even though we were already in war mode, we didn’t bother with AOO, so it took two weeks instead of one for rough balance to be restored. Next time, balance might not be restored at all.

1 Like

I like this idea. However, I do all my raiding in PUGs. I’m not sure how the actual mythic raiding guilds would feel about it.

I do not think AOO buffs are based on player participation to AOO specifically but to Warmode Pvp as a whole. As in based on the amount of alliance players with Warmode on vs the Horde population the AOO buff goes up or down. Thus there were many posts that people said they would turn off Warmode until AOO is Better.

If you really want to balance war mode the only way to do it is to shard the large groups with the large groups. Else it’s a pendulum constantly swinging one way or another with little expectation for a fair battle field. Additionally you cannot even complete some world quests as a raid group which would also need to be fixed.

War mode should have an “Invasion” mode and a “Espionage”mode where the invasion mode always puts you into very populated and dense pvp areas and the espionage mode puts you into less populated and more spread out areas of PvP.

Actually, if you want to balance war mode, the best way to do it is the way Blizzard did it in the last months of 8.0, when AOO provided then good but not great loot - 370 back then - and when the minority faction got a larger war mode bonus to world quest rewards. How do we know that’s the best way? Because it worked.

The fact that sometimes you run into opposite faction raids is just part of world PVP. Both factions run the raids and you can join those too if you prefer outnumbering your opponents. World PVP has never been fair; if you want that, you’re better off in battlegrounds.

Except it did not work. You cannot get quest rewards as a horde to world pvp as a raid. They won’t register. Meanwhile the alliance get guaranteed rewards for killing horde that were heroic level, now normal level, raiding gear, plus extra resources from just having Warmode on.

The only option the horde have is to forego any world questing rewards in PvP mode to push back the alliance in raid groups for no reward against the alliance raid groups benefiting from AOO. How is that fair?

If you’re in it for the rewards, you shouldn’t be in war mode in the first place.

It worked in the sense that Alliance went from being outnumbered by 10-1 or more in war mode to now only being outnumbered by about 2-1. I understand some Horde would rather outnumber Alliance by 10-1, but Blizzard isn’t going to give you that kind of ezmode, because it loses subscribers.

1 Like

Then why do Alliance need AOO at all to even pvp? Based on your argument no reward should be given period.

Moving past that point AOO motivates alliance to create raid pvp groups while there is no equal motivation for the horde thus skewing the scales. Sure the population may now be even but there are for example 1000 alliance 40 player raid groups totaling 40000 players in PvP gathered in one zone, quest, or flight point. While there are just 40000 individual horde members scattered across just trying to engage in small group combat. So in any given moment there would be a 100/1 ratio of alliance to horde in concentrated areas which makes it unbalanced and not fair.

They don’t. The purpose of AOO is not to draw Alliance into war mode; it’s to drive the carebears on Horde side out of war mode. Carebears should have war mode off.

You can’t do AOO in a raid group; you won’t get completion credit. Alliance raid groups predate AOO; when you’re grossly outnumbered, you group up for mutual defense. When you outnumber the other side, you don’t bother to group up.

Sounds like a L2P problem with Horde, then?

1 Like

Except this is not what the developers said in the Q&A
Ion said that it is intended to increase Alliance participation.

But you can do this in multiple 5 man groups all concentrated in one flight point, one tortallan quest, or one area. Which is exactly what occurred.

Right give one faction the loot and rewards for grouping up and then give the other faction next to nothing for participating in their culling. I thought the alliance were against this kind of favoritism but in fact they love it, so long as they are the only ones getting it. I get it, you do not want balanced war mode. You have made that pretty clear.

Because the reward wasn’t worth the trouble. Horde greatly outnumbers Alliance and it’s no surprise that if we’re just working with randoms and random encounters, Horde are naturally going to have an edge due to the amount of forces they have at all times.

The problem is Blizzard should have never implemented these rewards to begin with. They’re attracting the wrong crowd of people that want nothing to do with World PvP. So naturally people are going to complain when PvP happens in a mode where it’s not fair because they don’t understand that it’s not supposed to be fair.

There should have been separate rewards and a currency for partaking in completing World Quests and partaking in World PvP while in warmode.

Which is why there should be a reward to join the other faction even temporarily for better rewards. I would not be against AOO if it also meant that Horde can temporarily join the Alliance to help balance things out for an equal reward. Sort of how the Dalaran Sewers work or how you can be alliance in a pvp map.

There is one thing about it being fair and another thing about PVP encouraging Massive amounts of people to camp one specific area to meet a quota for free loot. People will always do what gets them the fastest result in the easiest way and that is exactly what occurred with Alliance parties all grouping in one area, such as Tol Dagor, Flight points and Tortallan quests.

I agree with you here, but it should not be faction specific.

Ehh. Not sure that would work out that well. All I forsee are players jumping Alliance side and then there being almost no Horde to fight in the open world.

The thing is thats been happening since World PvP was a thing. I remember back in MoP when they opened up the building between Ally and Horde Shrine for dailies and the legendary cape quest. There was a Horde guild that camped it for around 6-8 hours before we grouped up with other Alliance guilds and helped clean them out.

I think it should. Because it’s you fighting the war against the opposite faction. So naturally Alliance/Horde themed rewards makes the most sense.

3 Likes

If it becomes 50/50 we have balance. If it shifts to the other side then it should be adjusted accordingly.

Yes and that was great because
1 it was a server thing so it never got completely out of hand
2 it gave both sides equal motivation to fight each other. Also you could not just decide to stop pvping, you are part of a pvp server, you cannot escape!

If its a mog I would agree. If its a currency for loot I would argue the loot can be mogged specifically but not to the point one faction has better item drops than the other. So some clarification is needed here.