Please keep ilvl reward at 400 for alliance

Warmode is finally fun , got my ilvl 400 gear on 3 of my 120s had some epic battles with multiple 5 mans at Dazar’Alor. ilvl 400 won’t be anything special in another week anyways. Maybe give horde there own quest that would give bonus conquest an some honor. Right now warmode is perfect an shouldn’t be changed until the next major patch.

2 Likes

The majority of players disagree.

Give Horde their own 400 quest and then it’s fine but I think alliance will turn their WM off quickly even if they still have a 400 quest. And I think WM will quickly turn not fun for you OP

8 Likes

Fixed that for you.

6 Likes

Which is the majority of the player base .

5 Likes

Give me free stuff for campinf FPs with 20 people.

9 Likes

You think you should be able to ding 120 on your alt, and immediately have access to heroic level raid gear simply by rolling around an incursion and tagging every horde you see while in a deathball?

If anything, AOO quest reward should scale with the player’s ilvl, like emissary rewards do. I think it should go away completely, but if you can’t even queue up for a heroic dungeon based on your gear, no way should you get free 400 items each week.

14 Likes

Ilvl 400 was special enough to get the second place raiding guild in the world to transfer Alliance to get it (then transfer back Horde for the racials once the Mythic raid actually comes out). In a few weeks it will be mundane, but right now it’s pretty good gear.

Personally I’d prefer to see less ilvl 400 gear in the game at this point in the expansion, so I’m happy with the nerf to 385 - assuming AOO stays in the game after the reset at all.

We can still get Conquest 385s every week by killing Horde in Call to Arms and assaults, so war mode will still be fun without the extra 400 every week.

No, it shouldn’t. Well geared characters in war mode are likely going to stay in war mode anyway and don’t need the extra gear incentive.

If the AOO quest reward is going to change, it should change with the overall gear level. For example, it could go to 400 half way through the patch, if it ever appears again.

Well stated sir.

If they take away the Ilvl 400 items and make them into 380ks it’s like a kid getting chocolate milk and the other kid complains because of its and right when he’s about to enjoy the rest of his chocolate milk someone comes in and uses a specially designed device to suck the chocolate out of his milk.

That’s exactly what it would be like.

It’s been fun and it still is fun, but we shouldn’t need welfare gear. That’s asinine and defeats the purpose of trying to get high end gear from raiding and rated PvP. WPvP is the concept of you and your guildies, friends, and family going around and just wreaking havoc against the opposition without needing to worry about exceeding the group limit of 5 that is normally in place for instanced PvP groups.

High end gear such as what we currently get now is unnecessary and over the top for rewards. 385 is even pushing it to be honest.

1 Like

Either everyone gets chocolate milk, or no one gets chocolate milk!

12 Likes

I’d go with the former. But Horde players cry so hard that the only thing that can go for them is to take away any single improvement the Alliance gets.

Crying isn’t a faction specific trait. You don’t think there would be tons of wailing if horde had 400 ilvl AOO quest and alliance didn’t? Tears are universal. Much like the kids with no chocolate milk in your scenario.

2 Likes

Except when Horde got free 370s in season one not a single Alliance player that I’ve seen complained.

Are you talking about the very first Arathi WF where people could queue with low ilvl? If so, holy hell were there screams and cries about “horde bias” when that happened. Especially when the ilvl requirement was in place for ally’s first go at it.

1 Like

And how long did that last in comparison to this 25 kill quest that you can sit back in autopilot in a raid and have completed?

I don’t think WF’s are a great example, because both sides get it. One side just gets it first.

This part is inaccurate. You don’t get credit in a raid. The rolling deathballs you see are either several small groups, or solo players hovering in the same general vicinity. The whole “safety in numbers” mindset.

3 Likes

Rofl… they are still complaining about it .

I’d bet that Horde as a faction got more unwarranted heroic gear from the 8.0 warfront error than Alliance as a faction are getting from the heroic AOO gear. It would be interesting to see the real numbers, though.

Horde managed to parlay that and other advantages into a 10 ilvl average advantage in random battlegrounds by the end of 8.0. I kinda doubt that’s going to happen with Alliance in 8.1.