"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

I agree. Please open a just a few new fresh servers for TBC Classic in each region with no cash shop conveniences. Let the min/max and Retail tourist crowd keep their servers and give us RPG’ers a few that we can enjoy the game on. Seems like a good win/win scenario to me. :smiley:

Thanks.

4 Likes

its not a big issue to me but i am surprised they came out with this so early… Would have expected old school recruit a friend first. That was fun!

1 Like

Lol the tbc experience starts at level 58, except two races they start at level 1. Good logic blizzard.

8 Likes

that aged so well… oh well not the employees faults as much as it is the higher ups that just wanna wipe their posterior with 100$ bills, or yen maybe im sure they love china more :wink:

It’s amazing how quickly the success of Classic caused them to backtrack. Maybe more sad than amazing.

2 Likes

Why should current classic players who do not want boosts have to move to another fresh server, especially after all the time and effort many classic players like myself have already put into the game? I think it should be the opposite where there are fresh TBC servers which include the Boosts only, while keeping Boosts away from ALL or SOME current classic servers migrating into TBC.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

Then don’t play on a fresh server…

1 Like

Boosts are a great idea! Well done team!

1 Like

I think you missed the part that said “who don’t want boosts”.

His point was why should people who signed up to classic with classic vision who invested many many hours and days played, trusting blizz would stay true to that vision, have to reroll on fresh just to escape the microtransactions?

If anything, the fresh realms should have the boosts and the current ones should not because current classic players signed up to classic experience and new players will be better catered to on fresh realms anyway due to everyone being put on an even playing field when it comes to gold and gear.

1 Like

Nobody should be forced to play with cheaters.

3 Likes

Nobody should be forced to play with WoW boomers who complain about the dumbest crap.

1 Like

Exactly. You nailed it with that answer. Vanilla was the leveling process and boosts at the time didn’t make sense. The boosts with TBC do make sense since they get people into the expansion so it evens the playing field.

Edit: Oops, replied to a old thread, I’m a awful person :sweat:

1 Like

good so you agree we should be able to play in separate ideological servers :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Exactly, wow boomer server, and the rest on the other server. Genius, i love my people.

Your argument is valid. It is not fair that you are stradled with the boost candy for bots.

I; for one, do not really have a problem with the idea of boosted players but I very much have a problem with the idea of anything that empowers the automated programs that devalue the game at a fundamental level. IE - bots.

Yeah, it is not fair that you would have to give up all your classic server progress. But Blizzard has laid out their production guidelines for the rollout of TBC classic - and that includes boosts on all the current Classic servers.

How would they determine which servers should have boosts and which should not? That would not be fair to some servers if they only offered some with boosts. It would not be fair to the players who would then need to transfer OFF to get away from boosts or ON to gain access to boosted servers so they can play with their friends.

So the battle lines are unfortunately drawn. It is not fair for you to give up your progress. At this point it is more about the weight of your opinion given the options.

Personally, I do not relish the thought of starting over again from 1 and giving up my geared characters, the gold to buy an epic flying mount, the bank alts full of transmute and profession items and many more things – Especially when I am eager to get to the TBC content as it was my favorite expansion!
However, I would rather start over than continue on a server transitioning to make boosts the norm. What is next with WotLK?

So it is a heavy choice for me, but I would prefer a non-boosted, non-cash shop fresh server and I would happily grit my teeth and dredge through Classic yet again to get to the eagerly anticipated TBC content.
That said, I am pretty confident I will still have some fun times in the 1-60 level range with old friends and some new ones.

5 Likes

Please just setup financial cost for us specifically because cause we demand a garden of our own! I got a question for you. Why should they? You’ll be here one way or the other :slight_smile:

TBC had RAF and the TCG. Make friends tackle the content together, have fun, and most importantly do not worry what others do. That will net you happiness in the game, and if not go play another game.

jimmi living it up spamming the forums and insulting strangers on a saturday night, you’re a king champ keep it up

Because they cater to people who want boosts and not to people who don’t. Why cater to one community but not the other? That’s a good way to lose a large player base.

1 Like

Well, they setup a financial cost each and every time they create a server. And we compensate them by paying a subscription to play on them. Blizzard has setup many different servers in many different regions for RP, PvE, PvP, and RP-PvP. These different servers are setup in different regions and with different rulesets on them for people who want to play with those various rulesets. What I and others are requesting is really no different. We are asking for a few new fresh TBC Classic servers in each region to startup during the pre-patch or at the release of TBC Classic with no cash shop conveniences or transfers to them from other servers. Just like the other types of servers that Blizzard has setup in the past this gives us RPG’ers a set of servers to play on with a ruleset we like while the min/max and Retail crowd get to keep their servers with the cash shop conveniences that they like. In return, we will pay them a subscription cost to play on those servers, just as others do to play on RP, PvE, PvP and RP-PvP servers.

Does that help? :smiley:

Thanks.

3 Likes