"Just don't buy it. It won't affect you"

This is probably the worst argument that anyone ever brings up in favor of the boost.

The idea that what other people do in a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAME doesn’t affect you is obviously false if you’ve ever played one. When I land in Felwood and someone purges me that affects me. When someone kills the priest mind controlling Major Mattingly in Stormwind that affects me (and a bunch of other would-be buffers in Stormwind). When someone undercuts me by 10g on my spellcloth cooldown that will affect me.

Anyway my point here may become a little more salient if I bring up another topic everyone LOVES hearing about - DRUMS.

Don’t like them? Just don’t go leatherworking. If other people go leatherworking, it won’t affect you. You can still dps/heal/tank and do whatever you want as normal.

People laugh at the guy who posts about wanting warglaives to be purchasable on the shop but he’s just making a point: what other people do affects you in a massively multiplayer online game. Saying they don’t just outs you as someone who doesn’t even play the game.

78 Likes

Not sure I would go so far as to say they dont play the game but I agree it affects you.

At the risk of sounding controversial to the forum topic or a nay-sayer I feel I should voice something… Something of an alternative.

The boost is happening. Sorry, but it is. The income potential is too great for Activision’s Blizzard to stable the idea of not putting boosts, and potentially other monetized features into the game further down the road.

The battle-lines are clearly drawn.

At this point if you are against the boost you might have an alternative, but it requires a heavy choice:
Subscribe to the notion of “fresh tbc servers” that offer no cash shop and no transfers/boosts
OR
Submit to the current roll-out and accept that boosts are happening. Get over it. And have fun. Do your best to be magnanimous and get over the petty squabble with the people who will be boosting on your server to play there with you.

“But it is not fair!”
“I worked hard for my stuff etc…”

Please forgive me quoting myself on this one but I believe the post is relevant here.

3 Likes

For me personally, it is not about you skipping 57 levels unless you are a bot. Bots skipping those levels is pretty incremental.

6 Likes

The question then becomes “Why would bot farms bother to boost instead of running multiple accounts?”

Running 3-4 accounts instead of boosting one for the same price is, save blizzard starting to drop banwaves literally every single week, more profitable and significantly safer 99% of the time.

1 Like

I may be wrong, but I don’t see botters purchasing boosts… until it happens it’s speculation. At least you aren’t a big time anti-booster

1 Like

You are correct. It is safer. But you are looking at it as though all botters work for the same company. The price keeps dropping on gold not because the demand is lower but because of how many competitive sites there are.
The bots who can make the most gold the fastest still bring in much faster proceeds than the bots who have to spend 100-200 hours leveling up to get into a prime position to farm. At the click of a button those 100-200 hours making money in brd at 150+ gold per hour most surely makes enough to justify the cost of boosting.

Hope this widens the thought process a little. And thank you Sadist for making that realization.

Well Blizzard has always had a bot issue. They’ve needed to clean in up in all of their games. I remember the Diablo 2 days, bots EVERYWHERE. Game is full because some bot hopped in for 3 seconds to spam some gold site and it’s glitched now. Wow trade and general chat are swarming with em, along with the farming bots… I just don’t think blizzard will ever care enough to get rid of them.

Here we go again, yet another person that beleive they know how the game should be played by everyone and anyone that does not play it that way is not playing it.

Feels like groundhog’s day in the forums. Same topics on every thread and everyday, someone makes a new thread re-hasing the same arguments.

Seriously OP, did you just not read any of the other threads, or did you start this one because you thought it was not already covered by the 100 other threads that talk about this SAME topic?

4 Likes

its a videogame
who cares at all

They may bring it in faster, but they bring in so much less that I don’t personally think that will be a major sticking point.

Assuming a week to level and 100g/hr at cap for ease of math it’s 16,800g/wk for a boosted character from week one forward, and between 50,400-67,200g/wk for 3-4 non boosted characters from week 2 forward.

1 Like

I don’t like that argument, in any event, every time somebody is trying to argue, anything, around here.

TBC already came out once and it didn’t have boosts.

So we DO know how this game was intended to be played.
There was only one obligatory content in TBC and that was to level you character.
I don’t remember creating a character in 2007 and starting at lvl 58.

That blizzard wants to ease up the game for a different demographic of players is another thing entirely.

14 Likes

We also didn’t have GPS back in the day.

Obviously we should get rid of our GPS systems because that’s not how driving was intended.

Power steering wasn’t out back in the day so, we should get rid of it.

Do you see how dumb that argument is?

6 Likes

I do however remember starting a character and having 300% XP rate up to level 60.

I also remember getting to level 30, then instantly boosting that character to 60 standing around in Stormwind.

Don’t get me wrong I’d rather have no boosting at all, but TBC had something worse than a once per account level 58 boost.

3 Likes

I could buy the boost and people would still level 1-70 before I hit 70.

So you speak for everyone playing the game. You can speak about the intent of each and every player? When they sign up to play, you instantly have full knowledge of that players intent for WoW! It must be nice to be you. Oh, omnipotent one!

Using GPS in comparison does not even make sense.
GPS happened because of tech progress.
Boosts could have been done back in 2007 if blizzard wanted, it’s not progress.

There are so many things wrong with your post I wont waste my time saying them, read it again and realize them yourself, and pls think before writing nonsense again.

11 Likes

My post showed how something came out and was improved on.

Your post is suggesting that something came out and there is no improving on it.

I think you need to stop posting nonsense.

2 Likes

People need to also realize, this is NOT TBC, it is TBC Classic. A new game, based on a previous one.

If you wannt play TBC, you are about 15 years too late.

5 Likes

Each player is free to enjoy and play the game their own way.
But you cant have intent on skipping leveling when it’s obligatory to level.

I cant fly on classic WoW because the game was not made with flying mounts as a possibility.
Same thing with boosts.

5 Likes