Blizzard stop firing your employees please

If anything they are abusing the blizzard name. It had good faith until activision took over and it just rolled down hill from there. At this point its just activision not blizzard.

It is not hard when it is a public traded company. CEO and other executives have one duty and one duty alone bring in more money then year before to make investors happy. Not that hard.

ooo yes they’re and the benefactors are the CEO and Dev’s. Sitting back in their chairs while others do the hard yards sorry to say.

Yeah, companies should be publicly owned so that the common user of these companies can decide the direction of said company!

You fail to understand that businesses are not charity.

Yeah about that, thing is that’s all well and good, but if you sell yourself as a company that supports moral social causes like BLM and so on, then you need to take a moral stand on everything you can, I mean think of companies like Ben and Jerry that make an effort to show a social conscience, yes business is not charity, but at the same point when big brands are showing a stance on social justice issues, I think it’s reasonable to expect them to treat their employees with dignity and respect, do you know what I am saying?

Just think about it.

This was never the case:

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/85874-blizzards-gm-recruitment/

I will tell you though, that I do not have a degree and I believe a large factor in me getting the job was my previous customer support experience.

They haven’t been, unless something changed in the last few months:

I assume you’re talking about the February 2019 layoffs. The only two positions cut from the CS department were a Bliz. IT Analyst and a Blizzard BI Programmer, zero actual CS.

This is the official legal document for the reduction in force that Blizzard experienced in February of 2019:

https://www.scribd.com/embeds/401389950/content?start_page=1&view_mode=&access_key=key-Dh96i2zsTyPm8t95vdMf

There are two columns, the left column is number of positions selected for termination and the right column for positions not selected for termination; page 7 is the CS department.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/absolutely-zero-customer-support/243795/51

Whew, I think I covered a fair bit of the misinformation in this thread.

Maybe put the money they’re making towards actually filling the game with content instead of non-content and timegating. Make artists work on art not behind paywalls.

Funny, I talked to 3 other GMs whos statements contradict that.

What do you think they’ve been doing since Mists?

Misleading information. They did not reduce the force but they replaced the force with less competent people with less education so they didn’t have to pay higher salaries. You may want to look into that further. That way, you can cut corners and actually get rid of people without the “numbers” looking any different.

Lol no you didn’t. You did half butt homework and posted stuff that you apparently only know half of whats going on. You’re like one of those people who say something is true because Wikipedia says so.

Everything you just said is flat out wrong. Cite your sources as I did.

I feel this song is very relevant to this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KThlYHfIVa8

Right? Have you seen their customer service if you open a ticket? It’s literally automated responses unless you open a second ticket and even then, they refuse to help with the most basic of things they used to help with and if you keep asking them to help, they threaten to ban you.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/from-one-customer-support-to-another/638482/3

Guy who posts misleading information asks someone to cite their sources.

:man_facepalming:

They live amongst us!

1 Like

None of my information was misleading and you’re attempting to propagate a false narrative.

If they’re not auto responses, then they’re not reading what is being submitted. I’ve submitted over 5 tickets recently about separate things. 4 of the 5 literally got “non-automated responses” that literally weren’t even related to what the ticket said at all…

So what is it? They’re not automated or people are just ignoring what the ticket says? Either way it’s customer service on a level I’ve never seen this terrible before…

1 Like

Uh yeah it was.

1 Like

No, actually it wasn’t. Facts do not care about the feelings of naive angry customers reaching for an explanation as to why the game isn’t being run or developed in the exact manner they demand.

Yeah, he takes what some blues say for face value, which is extremely naive. I can link a blue referencing a known troll.

Not to mention, you’re 100% correct. I even had a ticket once where I kept getting the same copy/pasted response that had absolutely 100% nothing to do with my issue.

I think he’s just a Blizzard fan. While that’s not a bad thing at all, they do tend to grasp at straws like he is.

I’ve been highly critical of Blizzard’s development decisions. I’ve been outspoken against what I consider terrible systems going forward in Shadowlands.

If you believe Blizzard is telling it’s CS employees to blatantly lie to the playerbase, then there’s no point in having any sort of discussion with you; you’re too far gone.