Alterac Valley in Classic

Or perhaps it depends on the battlegroup.

No. Its a path of least resistance issue. People will zerg to farm marks of honor. In av 1.12.1 the honor SUCKS compared to premading. AV will only be there to get MAX rep.

It happened in vanilla back in 06 and it happened in private servers. Youre talking to a Feb 2005 wow player bruh.

1 Like

Unfortunately not. Not getting real AV is gonna be bad for classic. There will be backlash once av drops. I guarantee it.

2 Likes

And yet that didn’t happen before reinforcements.

I guarantee you’re wrong.

It’s only a vocal minority on these forums that really gives a damn.

LOL reinforcements are irrelevant to the argument man. If players dont have to cap towers to reduce warmasters/marshals in the final boss rooms its going to be a zerg. Old av required you still cap this stuff so you didnt have to kill so many warmasters and marshals in the final boss rooms.

2 Likes

AV didn’t turn into a zerg until reinforcements were added.

No one even took 1.12.1 av seriously. It was like 2 months before tbc came out. What makes you think it wont be a zerg fest like private servers? Dude. wake up.

Reinforcements weren’t added until 2.3, AV was a non zerg for quite a long time.

October 29, 2006

2 Likes

Right the premade vs the pug? I don’t care.

1.12 is the exact same BG as the one in TBC, except for reinforcements. 10+ years of zerging has conditioned players to know full well that zerging is the most efficient way to accumulate Marks of Honor, zerging will be the way it is played, despite the lack of reinforcements.

Reinforcements did not create zergs, it merely catered to them.

The arguments in here saying you can simply not zerg (especially the wrath baby with zero experience with vanilla) are like saying that on black friday you can simply not storm the doors for the best deals at physical stores.

3 Likes

It doesn’t take the entire BG to break a zerg, a handful of people can do it. The reality is 1.11 AV doesn’t cater to zerging or not zerging, it merely doesn’t force one strat over the other. The people claiming they can’t stop a zerg seem to be mostly people who are just lazy and or bad at pvp.

10+ years of zerging has conditioned players to know full well that zerging is the most efficient way to accumulate Marks of Honor , zerging **will** be the way it is played, despite the lack of reinforcements.

6 Likes

So you are making a claim based on what might happen in the future instead of what did happen in the past. We know for a fact that zerging did not become the main strat until rteinforcements, not 1.11.

Also marks of honor and rep are a finite thing, once the people who only want those get them they’ll stop queuing.

I guess bold is the new cruise control for cool.

In related news, water has been told that it need not go over Niagra Falls if it simply chooses not to. If it cannot manage to not go over the falls, it is just lazy and bad at gravity.

1 Like

Dude. Youre just wrong.
It will be like this:

10 stop and kill cap bal
Rest rush to vandar
Thats whats gonna happen.

1 Like

Whelp I guess this is another thing we’ll see in classic. If you’re right people will just zerg AV, if you are wrong and given that AV didn’t turn into a zerg until reinforcements were added it’s likely you will be then plenty of games will not be zergs.

The zerg in retail is not just because of conditioning it’s because reinforcements turned it into the only way to play the map.

1 Like

Reinforcements did not create zergs, it merely reinforced them. 10+ years of zerging has conditioned players to know full well that zerging is the most efficient way to accumulate Marks of Honor , zerging will be the way it is played, despite the lack of reinforcements.

1 Like

Make Azeroth Great Again. Give us a battleground worth participating in. Not the one that is just a race.

1 Like