Alterac Valley in Classic

Well that’s your choice don’t do that if you don’t want to.

Could we all just agree to stop feeding zyrius? His only goal here is to get reactions.

2 Likes

Some people just have bad taste.

Blizzard, AV was a very memorable and fun thing to do making it go to it’s more current version where both factions only zerg is going to straight kill it for me…Listen to your community first then adjust accordingly from negative feedback afterwards. Wpvp is one of the best things about Classic Imo. Instanced Zerg pvp is NOT fun.

3 Likes

I recall a lot of people hating the original Alterac Valley, which is why they changed it in the first place.

1 Like

Your argument is invalid already…don’t have the stats or facts to support your stance.

You never asked me, and I loved the original versions of AV.

Blizzard even said some of the changes were mistakes, and helped develop the zerg-rush, hardly any cross-faction PvP, watered down version of AV that is 1.12.

#1.5AVis
#nochanges

1 Like

We’re not getting reinforcements so we’re not getting the zerg version.

Someone tell this fella that you don’t need reinforcements to zerg and kill the boss.

1 Like

And? If you don’t like zergs go stop them. That is an entirely viable strategy in 1.12 AV and plenty of games did not result in zergs for exactly that reason before reinforcements were added.

I’m stealing that. :male_detective:

:cocktail:

1 Like

It would help if he posted on a character that actually existed during vanilla.

This makes me sad. My hype just took a huge dip… AV 1.5 - 1.8 is probably what i miss most about Vanilla. I’m not 100% sure where 1.12 puts us but if it is actually the same or nearly the same as the 6 min zergfests that exist on live, that is a terrible idea.

It will play a lot differently with Vanilla but AV was a awesome mixture of PvE and World PvP. Losing that unique and very long endgame content will be really damaging to Vanilla’s longevity and for me its fun factor.

Please reconsider, if you’re able.

3 Likes

1.12 is pre reinforcements so it’s not the zerg fest.

1.12 is the exact same BG as the one in TBC, except for reinforcements. 10+ years of zerging has conditioned players to know full well that zerging is the most efficient way to accumulate Marks of Honor, zerging will be the way it is played, despite the lack of reinforcements.

2 Likes

Path of least resistance.
People take it unless you force them.

1 Like

I think you’re underestimating the number of people who’ll take advantage of the fact that 1.12 AV doesn’t have reinforcements or timers to just fight mid for hours…

And yet before reinforcements were added it was quite common for games to last hours.

Hell, I’m jaded but I’m nowhere near as jaded as these guys…

Played classic 1.12.1
Played 1.12.1 private servers

They zerg.

3 Likes

So maybe it’s a private server issue, they didn’t zerg all the time in the BG I was in before reinforcements.