[A-RP] Helping Hands | Fri 2/12 5:30 PM ST | Val'Sharrah (Temple of Elune)

Time 5:30 PM ST
Date Friday, February 12th
What Open-Forum Discussion
Where Temple of Elune, Val'Sharrah
Who Alliance Impacted by Teldrassil
Topic Horde Aide for Those Impacted

The wound yet weeps.

Two years after the most recent tragedy to befall the children of the stars, pain still festers within the souls of all those who called the great tree Teldrassil home. Be it manifest in sorrow, grief, hatred, or distrust, the survivors of that horrid day burden the weight of its shadows.

When the Banshee poised the fourth war to her general, she did so with the premise: the Alliance and Horde will never make peace. With the Horde’s third thrust into Kaldorei lands, she ensured her word be true. Forever more, she painted those who put their trust in her as monsters, and the Alliance is not known to treat monsters kindly.

Within the Horde lurk those who eagerly await the order to march again, those who have taken it upon themselves to instigate further bloodshed and those who still secretly flock after the Banshee. Yet, the Horde is no homogeneous clan. Many more have stood stalwart against the regime of war for those two years. Now, many of those same souls extend their aide to those who suffered at Teldrassil.

The question now falls on the Alliance, on the survivors:

Do we accept the helping hands?

Ishnu'alah!

Thanks for reading!

What, When, Where?

This is an open-forum discussion event.
Topic: What action, if any, does the Alliance want to see from the Horde as reparation for the Burning of Teldrassil?
Speakers will have ten minutes each.

It will be held at 5:30 PM on Friday, February 12, 2021.

Location will be the inner courtyard of the Temple of Elune in Val’Sharrah.

Expectations

Please be courteous to speakers. Reaction emotes are fine, but please post them at a reasonable frequency and keep their length to one paragraph or less.

Please refrain from prolonged antagonism against a specific person or group during the event. Please do not allow disagreement to escalate to verbal or physical confrontation during the event. Guards will be enabled to remove troublemakers without making attempts or having to roll.

Details

Discussion Format

Stolen straight out of the APC’s playbook, this will be an open-form, town-hall discussion. Each speaker will have ten minutes to share their opinion on the topic: “What action do we want to see from the Horde, if any?”

1. It will start with a short prayer to Elune.
  2. Individuals who volunteered early to speak will be invited to the dais.
  3. After the last volunteer speaker, the dais will be opened to the audience.
  4. There will be some closing remarks.

I expect the event to last up to three hours.

Target Audience

This discussion is aimed towards Alliance members who were directly impacted by the Burning of Teldrassil, either because they were living there, they had relatives living their, or it was the primary home of their people. This is primarily Kaldorei and afflicted Gilneans, but any Alliance characters (or neutral characters that meet those criteria!) are invited!

Horde Characters?

Unfortunately, to best facilitate the target audience speaking openly and freely, as well as reducing any IC tensions/distractions, Horde characters will not be ICly invited. However, Lyastei will be compiling the responses to discuss with interested Horde parties at a future time.

If anyone wishes to bring their Horde character to a gathering of angry kaldorei and worgen the event, the character must be in a disguise. I hope to have a few guards, and if they catch a Horde character, that character will be ICly removed from the event. As DM for the event, I will enable the guards the right to power game and remove Horde characters without making attempts or having to roll.

IC Background

As of late, Lyastei has grown somewhat engaged with the neutral-community. In her conversations with the Horde, she has met many who have offered to help the Kaldorei, as well as any other affected by the Burning of Teldrassil. There are those in the Alliance who have asked for action from the Horde, and those who have insisted they’d rather the Horde stay away. Wanting to serve her people as best she can, Lyastei is calling for an open discussion to hear from her community: what do they want?

Help Wanted

I’d love to have a few volunteer speakers signed-up and ready to go prior to the event! I’d also love a few guards! Please let me know via a forums post, in-game whisper, or in-game male if you’re interested!

A handful of guards would also be great! Just to help things run smoothly.

Volunteer Speakers

1. Kaladhir Amberstep
  2. Serilda Starsong
  3. Vey’ati Galebrook

Volunteer Guards

1. Elistrae Duskfeather
  2. Vey’ati Galebrook

Shaha lor'ma! Thanks!

I hope you can make it! :smiley: Please let me know if you have any questions!

7 Likes

Yo! I’ll do something a bit more creative later, but I just wanted to bump this post real fast as a reminder! Still looking for speakers and guards!

Scrolls found their way into Kaldorei villages, worgen settlements, and then thinly in Alliance cities. Some were posted on bulletin boards, others were handed out to targeted groups.

OOC
You can click on the image to zoom!
I efforted this week! I made the scroll image rom scratch, so if anyone wants to

I’d appreciate it.

Still looking for speakers and guards! Just give me a shout if you’re interested!

2 Likes

Added to the LFRP calendar. I recommend joining the community and adding to the calendar yourself as I don’t see all events. These communities host over 600 characters on WRA.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m in both on another alt! Just wasn’t sure how best to get things added :slight_smile: Appreciate the help!

Quick poke for this! Thanks to all the kaldorei guilds for letting me spam their channels! Still looking for speakers and guards!

EDIT: I’m mostly focusing on Kaldorei contacts, but this invitation is extended to anyone impacted by the Burning of Teldrassil! Worgen particularly, but I know there is a diverse cast of characters out there!

1 Like

Just sending a poke! This will be next week, and still looking for speakers and guards! Feel free to let me know!

I could join as either speaker or guard.

1 Like

I’d be glad to have you! I can sign you up for both! Do you care to give me your character’s full name, so I can list it? :smiley:

Vey’ati Galebrook.

Thanks! It’s been noted!

Ishnu’alah everyone! This will be tonight, and I still have room for speakers and guards! So, just let me know if you’re interested, and I’m really excited to see everyone there :smiley:

Helping Hands is tonight, February 12th, at 5:30 PM WrA Realm Time (Pacific). It will be at the Temple of Elune in Val'sharrah!

Thank you so much Lyastei for hosting this event! It was great to have such an array of opinions!

1 Like

Adds a dash of blasphemy and dire warning.

1 Like

Event Follow Up

In-Character

The following missives would be posted throughout Alliance territories on appropriate, public bulletin boards.
[OOC]: Plain Text To our brothers and sisters of Teldrassil,

A convention of our kin intend to request the following reparations from philanthropic Horde parties:

Destruction of Blight reserves, and measures against Blight production.

Restoration of desolate and barren territories

Provision and distribution of medical aide and supplies

Chief conspirators of the War of Thorns tried for war crimes before a military tribunal.

Zin’al Elune,

Lyastei Starbreeze

Priestess of Elune

Dictated: Lyastei Starbreeze
Penned: Kaladhir Ambertap

These would be available in Common and Darnassian.

Horde parties of known affiliation with neutral movements would be offered a missive from the Kaldorei on behalf of Teldrassil. On their request, they would receive a copy of the following:

[OOC]: Plain Text To philanthropic parties of the Horde,

A convention of those impacted by the Burning of Teldrassil intend to request the following reparative actions:

Destruction of Blight reserves, and measures against Blight production.

Restoration of desolate and barren territories

Provision and distribution of medical aid and supplies

Chief conspirators of the War of Thorns tried for war crimes before a military tribunal.

Zin’al Elune,
Lyastei Starbreeze

Priestess of Elune

Dictated: Lyastei Starbreeze
Penned: Etoiriel Vianadreaux

Reminder: Comparisons between Elune, the High Priestess, or any symbol of Kaldorei society and the Banshee are not permitted on temple grounds.

These would be available in Orcish, Taur-ahe, and Shalassian.

Out-of-Character

Thanks to everyone who showed up! I think we were just shy of 20 people, which is astounding given all the other events and narrow scope of the invite list! Big thanks to our speakers and volunteer speakers! If you would like your name to be posted, please message me in-game! Also, a big thanks to Circle of Aessina for showing up in such large numbers to support!

A few things!

• You can click on the scripts above to zoom in!

• The images above are pretty watered down, due to character limitations on the scrolls. So, more details will be provided in the future! One can also reach out to Lyastei in-game for additional explanation!

• This was just the first in what I hope to be a long series of events about building relations between the Horde and Kaldorei. I intend to attend and host future neutral events to receive additional IC feedback and proceed from there.

• Obviously, these are a list of requests, not demands. Anything going forward will be coordinated between volunteers from both factions! All events will be conducted in a manner that is as lore-friendly as possible!

Thanks again! I welcome any feedback, and look forward to roleplaying with you all in the future!

Oh yeah! I was really strugglebussing coming up with names for this event.
So please enjoy the following ideas I tossed around while brainstorming.

2 Likes