What to Expect in Visions of N’Zoth and Season 4

As an addition to our Visions of N’Zoth Content Update Notes, here’s an outline of what’s changing over the next three weeks, and when:

With scheduled maintenance on January 14:

• Artifact Knowledge will increase, bringing a player-character with a level 70 Heart of Azeroth to 17500 AP needed to reach 71.
  • N’Zoth Assaults and Horrific Visions begin, and items from those activities can be Corrupted, but will never Warforge/Titanforge.
    • Items from N’Zoth Assaults will scale with your character level, similar to other World Quests, and are already available at Season 4 item levels.
    • Items from Horrific Visions improve as you complete additional objectives, going from item level 420 up to item level 470 from a full clear with 5 masks active.
  • All Titan Residuum will be converted into Silver.
  • Titan Residuum will not drop from any source for one week. This includes scrapping or disenchanting Seasonal gear.
  • In competitive PvP, Season 3 is closed for titles and Seasonal rewards. The Notorious Gladiator’s Proto-Drake is no longer available, however, the Vicious War Basilisk mount can still be completed this week.
  • Mythic Keystone dungeons are still playable using Season 3 affixes, and their associated rewards remain available through this week.

With scheduled maintenance on January 21:

• The new Ny’alotha raid opens for Normal and Heroic difficulties.
  • Season 4 begins.
    • Item levels increase by 30 for rewards from seasonal activities (dungeons, PvP, World Quests), and can now be corrupted by N’Zoth.
    • Mythic Keystones will downgrade by 4 levels.
    • Dungeon difficulty is increased for Heroic and Mythic difficulties.
    • During this week, end-of-run rewards from Mythic Keystone dungeons and Rated PvP are capped at item level 445 (for Mythic +6 or PvP Rank 2).
    • Mythic Keystone and PvP chests that are opened this week reflect Season 3 rewards earned the prior week, and cannot be Corrupted, but may Warforge/Titanforge.
    • Item level improvements for weekly rewards now extend to Mythic +15, which awards an item level 475 piece of gear in the weekly chest to be opened on January 28 or later.
  • The Darkshore Warfront now has a Heroic difficulty, with item level 460 gear rewards.
    • Please note: Heroic difficulty will become available in the first Warfront that begins in each region after the Season 4 transition in that region.
  • Any items not updated for Season 4 (for example, items from The Eternal Palace or Heroic difficulty Arathi Warfront) can continue to Warforge/Titanforge up to item level 455, but cannot be Corrupted.
  • Titan Residuum is again available.
    • All items that can be purchased with Titan Residuum, including new Season 4 items, have had their costs adjusted.
  • A Mythic +10 weekly chest will award 1700 Titan Residuum, with each additional level awarding 90 more Titan Residuum. For example, a Mythic + 15 will award 2150 Titan Residuum.
  • Specific item level 475 tokens cost 20,000 Titan Residuum. Random item level 475 tokens cost 4750 Titan Residuum.

With scheduled maintenance on January 28:

• Ny’alotha opens for Mythic difficulty and the first wing of Raid Finder difficulty.
  • Mythic Keystone dungeons at +7 or higher, as well as PvP Rank 2 or higher, now award end-of-run items that scale up to item level 465 at Mythic +15 and Gladiator, respectively.
  • Weekly chests for Mythic Keystone and PvP activities now contain Season 4 items, which are always Corrupted, and scale up to item level 475. Again, these items will never Warforge/Titanforge.

For everything else you need to know about the Visions of N’Zoth content update, check out our full coverage in the World of Warcraft blog.

13 Likes

Is there any information pertaining to what is occurring to keystones during the transition? When/if they will be dropped a certain amount of levels due to the power increase of the change in season?

Also, first!

8 Likes

Have you also checked treasure maps from Island Expeditions? or will that TR reward slip through the cracks?

I don’t want a surprise hotfix later that removes TR i might get from a treasure mission you guys didn’t check beforehand :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m a bit confused, I am not really interested in all the stuff involved in cleansing the corruption - so will all the gear now be corrupted?

:cookie:

1 Like

Items that can corrupt have a chance to corrupt similarly to how gear currently has a change to warforge/titanforge. The only gear that has a guaranteed chance to corrupt is the gear from your weekly mythic plus chest starting the week of Jan 28th.

1 Like

It’s a proc, just like war/titanforging.

1 Like

Ah, thank you.

:cookie:

Are class balance changes not finalized yet? I don’t see them in the linked content update notes.

Edit: for those giving me likes a week later, I appreciate it, but the changes were added to the notes a day or 2 after I posted this. :slight_smile:

They can be found here https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23227147/visions-of-n-zoth-content-update-notes#item21

7 Likes

it will be converted back to ap as will the gold ones

woo!

So, where are the account-wide essences?

12 Likes

What about when we log in on January 14th? The cache will be 440 or? I’m confused :\

Edit: didn’t pick the best line to quote, but still.

After Tuesday, it will no longer be possible to restore those treasure maps if they were deleted.

I’ve added the following to the OP here:

On January 21, with the beginning of Season 4,

• Mythic Keystones will downgrade by 4 levels.
2 Likes

Will your Weekly M+ Cache on the 21st contain TR? I’m assuming no, since it is supposed to contain Season 3 rewards (which whose TR was depreciated), but it seems a bit unclear if the line in the 21st’s block is referring to opening a +10 weekly cache giving 1700 TR is in reference to doing a +10 before the 21st or doing one after.

Is that similar to the drop from season 3, where it was in addition to the standard weekly drop resulting in a -5 overall to your highest key from the week prior? (Example: If I do a 19 before season 4 will I loot a 15 from my box or a 14?)

Wondering, but will there be more methods of getting Residuum effeciently other than just the weekly M+ chest?

Not quite what I was wondering. Let’s say I have a treasure mission now that awards 4400 or so Titan Residuum. I complete the mission this week but don’t claim it at the mission table until after maintenance on the 14th.

• Will the TR reward from that mission be converted to gold or AP or some other resource?
  • or will the TR reward just be removed because TR isn’t going to be available from any sources from the 14th through 21st?
3 Likes

Question, will we get residuum out of the cache on the 21st? since you say residuum is back on the 21st and we get rewards from caches again will there be residuum FROM the cache that we acquire on the 21st? like reduced to season 4 amounts? or will we not get any out of a cache until the following week on the 28th?