Did not receive Burgeoning Battlefield Furor from Weekly PvP Chest

so much this ^^^

1 Like

Same with me.

1 Like

no statement from blizzard it seems, in the same vote, this is kind of insane. very detrimental

2 Likes

As an update, I put in a ticket. The GM said that because the season closed on the 14th, we did not earn any furors (even though we got a conquest reward chest). This can’t be right, but he claimed this is intended.

I opened my ticket again. I’m not letting this one go. There was no indicator anywhere in game that the furors would be missing from the chest, and I definitely received a chest reward. Getting to 1600+ rating was probably the least fun I’ve had in game in the 15 or so years I’ve been playing, and I did it purely for C&S.

2 Likes

Yeah I only did pvp to get the furor’s as well, this is really frustrating. This is the response I got from my ticket:

“ Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support in regard to not receiving any progress for your Conflict & Strife essence. Please note PVP Season 3 closed on January 14 therefore these items were not able to be earned until the new season began. With the start of PVP Season 4 on January 21, these items may now be earned again and will start being delivered next week.

Please visit the What To Expect In Visions Of N’Zoth And Season 4 forum thread for more details: What to Expect in Visions of N’Zoth and Season 4

EDIT: I got a piece of Challenger gear from my weekly pvp chest. I was 1550 on Sunday, and pushed past 1600 on Monday, so clearly the rewards were still scaling based on rating. Looks like an unintentional bug that slipped through the cracks. The furor’s were never a “Season 3 PvP” reward like titles, mounts, or transmog. Theyre precursors to a rank 3 essence. They shouldn’t stop dropping just because the season was “over”(even though you could still gain and lose rating and receive scaled loot based on that rating even when the season was “over”).

My gripe is that it wasn’t stated anywhere that they wouldn’t be dropping. Also, they were never tied to pvp seasons to begin with. Even if you don’t do rated pvp and you just cap your conquest, you still get some from your weekly chest. It scales based on your pvp rating and drops more the higher your rating, so if we were still able to gain and lose rating last week, we should be getting scaled Furor’s accordingly. I told the GM I didn’t want to be dismissed and given the easy answer of “oh well season 3 was over”. I posted this in Customer Support and they moved it into bug forum, so this definitely wasn’t intended.

I get it that maybe nobody thought about this as an unintentional consequence, but I’m not letting it go either. I do not enjoy pvp, and this was the last week I needed them from the chest. It wasn’t stated anywhere they wouldn’t be dropping, otherwise I would have never done pvp last week.

That’s my feedback, thank you!

3 Likes

If you read the post they tell you to go to there’s absolutely nothing about furors not dropping. Furors are not a “seasonal” reward. They are a “Season 3 and Later” reward.

2 Likes

Yeah I hate every aspect of PVP in this game and only did it for rank 3 C&S because it is both my toons BIS minor. I play this game for raiding and therefore put in effort to achieve those goals. I ONLY conquest capped last week cause it would of got BOTH of my toons rank 3 C&S.

1 Like

Same here!

I hope we get some sort of feedback, because if I have to unreasonably cap again this week, I’d like to know sooner rather than later.

I’m kind of hoping the GM understands that they were never a “seasonal” reward. It’s really disappointing and feels bad when you do PvP for PvE reasons, and then don’t receive the reward you were working for.

Stay hopeful!

Same thing, I put my ticket back in, Hoping they understand its not a seasonal reward, and even if it was, we got the item out of the box, why not the furors?

1 Like

https://imgur.com/a/NAu7YT2

why in the world would they respond with this? completely ludicrous for an essence.

edit: image attached is from blizzard customer service. they state its a seasonal reward. LOL WHY WOULD AN ESSENCE BE A SEASONAL REWARD?

Yeah, it’s so dumb! It’s not a season reward… it literally transcends seasons… It’s not like we’re asking for armor or anything

Let’s not scorn the customer support team. A lot of knowledge is compartmentalized, and not everyone in CS is on the same page about things as intricate as this.

Just be patient and explain to them that it’s not a seasonal reward :slight_smile:

Just got told to basically regrind it for this week. I re-upped the ticket explaining I shouldn’t have to if its a known bug as they claimed in the ticket. Here’s hoping friends!

Oh this gets better. They confirmed it’s a bug, but aren’t doing anything about it, and their solution is to REGRIND all that pvp rating. From my ticket:

In regards to your petition, with further research we can confirm that due to a bug, the rank 2 pvp essence and the materials required for rank 3 were missing for all pvp chests. Since this affected everyone equally however, customer service is not approved to provide individual assistance. We understand this is frustrating but your best bet to receive these rewards will be to meet the criteria for next week’s chest.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Best wishes,

Click here to review and resolve your ticket. If you continue to experience issues, you can respond to your ticket with additional information.

If you do not resolve the ticket or provide an additional response within one week, we will resolve the ticket automatically and you’ll receive a final update via email.

Regards,
Blizzard Support

2 Likes

Thats pretty much Identical to what they sent me, I just re-upped asking if the bug was getting fixed if I earned it then why do i need to re-earn it with it not being a seasonal reward. Lets hope escalating works as some others have said it does!

1 Like

I was told the same thing and honestly I’m not surprised. It feels really really REALLY bad to have to re grind something just because of an internal bug…

I was given the same response. I refuse to regrind for the 1 week of items I needed on both toons… if I had actually needed more than this one week I wouldn’t of minded so much. I am going to keep resubmitting tickets till they fix it. They said in their response to me it’s a bug, but want me to waste my hours to farm rating again on both toons naw not happening.

2 Likes

This is not a good response/resolution to this issue. “Everybody else in your situation didnt get it, so its fair now”

No. Its not. I grinded past 1600 specifically to get 5 more Furors since I was already at 11. Now I’m being told to do it again because of a bug on Blizzard’s end? Thats unacceptable. Everybody knows PvP seasons are significantly harder when they first start as opposed to the middle or toward the end. I dont have time to grind that high this week, so guess what that means? Its gonna be 2 more weeks until I get my essence.

Im being told to just do it over again, now that its significantly harder, when I did everything right the first time? That’s entirely unfair. I don’t usually get angry with Blizzard when we have disagreements, but honestly this feels really, REALLY bad.

I don’t even need ANY of the gear that drops out of the weekly chest. None of it. I did it specifically for the Furor’s. The issue should be to restore the correct amount of furor’s to anybody who puts a ticket in that they can verify. I cant believe I’m being told to do it again when it will take even longer now.

Ugh.

3 Likes

Agree 100% I purposely planned my ratings on my two toons and the time I had to get conquest rating done during the holidays to have rank 3 C&S on both my toons with this cache. I honestly can’t believe they expect me to grind to fix their mistake.

3 Likes