Free Character Moves for Chaos Bolt-US

At the beginning of Season of Discovery we reassured you that there was no wrong choice for realms and that if any realms population started to fall disproportionately, we would enable Free Character Moves off that realm.

Holding to that promise, we have opened Free Character Moves from the Chaos Bolt-US RPPVP realm to Crusader Strike-US RPPVP with this weeks maintenance. Additionally, new player character creation has been disabled on Chaos Bolt-US.

These transfers are not time limited, and PvP enforced faction balance remains in effect on Crusader Strike-US.

Thank you!

21 Likes

Huh, so Chaos bolt is essentially a closed off server at this point? Interesting

1 Like

This is a welcome move. I respect your intention to make the move voluntary. But I do have to wonder, however, if it wouldn’t have made more sense to just merge the two outright. (If that is even possible.)

What will happen now (without the forced merge) is that Chaos Bolt will begin to drop in population, meaning that nearly everyone WILL eventually want to move over. The rush for the door will accelerate…

It may have been nice to also allow for transfers to a PvE destination as well, as I know there are some people who may be vested in a character, but regret the PvP vs. PvE decision. That would also help you distribute the load between destinations. If you’re considering adding that, you should add it now, before people make the decision to move to Crusader Strike …

9 Likes

This type of thing is always a nightmare. The approach they’re using is effectively a merger without the logistical hoops involved in a merger.

2 Likes

The server is not staying open, they are closing it down. Hence no new characters being made on that server.

Hello, I have an Alliance Character on Crusader Strike and a Horde Character on Chaos bolt. Am I still able to move my horde character to Crusader Strike?

11 Likes

Why would you kill off chaos bolt like this? The server was perfectly fine, the population was fine, the community was endearing. I’m totally incensed right now. WE DONT WANT TO PLAY ON A MEGASERVER.

43 Likes

Thank you all who chose to wear a shirt by Shirt this season.

You have just killed a healthy population server and are forcing a community to goto an unhealthy mega server.

I wish we had another option, but more so, I wish we opened up transfers to the server before you all gave up.

51 Likes

I do and have a stack in the bank for later

This is a great option idea!

1 Like

miss you guys

Why are we forced to transfer to Crusader Strike? Can other PVP or PVE Realms be considered an option since Crusader Strike is overpopulated?

6 Likes

Love it. I always hated how Blizzard would keep low pop servers alive for way too long, and basically force people to pay for a transfer.

Only downside is I’ve heard folks on Chaos Bolt talk about how they don’t like overpopulated servers like Crusader Strike, so maybe giving them more options would be better instead of one of the most populated servers currently.

5 Likes

My characters on Chaos Bolt are Horde.
My characters on Crusader Strike are Alliance.

How does this work? I have a level 40 on each server.
Also Crusader is currently faction locked.

11 Likes

Everyone knew chaos bolt would never last.

You knew it. I knew it. Everyone knew it.

Just glad to see the players who suffered get a free option off.

4 Likes

same situation. This is circus…

2 Likes

Have you considered alternate destinations? I’d honestly rather go to a PvE server than go to Crusader Strike. This is effectively a death sentence for the realm, I feel that it’s fair to ask for some more options.

13 Likes

Boo - its not just the moves is the new character lockdown - lots of folks on the server like the pop size - now you are going to make a bunch of them fomo.

2 Likes

Real pvp servers get more players. Glad I’m on lone wolf