Transfers from Chaos-Bolt to Crusader-Strike and the Future of SoD

Back in early December, Tom Ellis, Senior Game Producer Tweeted,

If and I mean long shot if, any realm falls short of viability anytime during this season we will get you off, for free.

Looking at IronForge.Pro population data based on raid logs between March 12th and March 18th, 2024, there were 5412 unique player characters logging raids on Chaos Bolt to 41560 on Crusader-Strike.

IronForgePro Demographics SoD March 18-24, 2024

https://ironforge.pro/population/sod/?locale=US

Does this mean that 5K unique player characters logging raids on a server is not considered a viable population, and what will that mean for the Lava Lash and Penance servers that have far fewer than 5K unique characters logging raids?

8 Likes

Unfortunately even if that is 5k unique players is a viable population, the fact they opened it up means the server is mostly likely officially dead. It will only get worse at this point.

PS: Name unrelated

Penance is looking pretty bleak

1 Like

It is very quiet on horde side. I like quiet but its future worries me.

Boycott the server merge, dumb decision

2 Likes

My opinion on this is that they have essentially caused a gaping wound to Chaos Bolt that will undoubtedly get worse over time.

Everyone is wondering whether this is due to lack of people or if it is simply due to the minority (raiders) complaining about not being able to fill their raids (which is most likely due to their behavior).

Blizzard should just merge them to avoid a problem that they have now created. What an absolute botched response to a non-existent issue.

5 Likes

I’ve honestly never seen so much out of touch decisions from any major game developer than I have with Blizzard. It’s like the genuinely don’t give a damn about their community and its been showing for a while.

10 Likes

They’re not unique player characters. Those numbers also pick up alts.

Don’t agree with Blizzard’s decision today, but we really don’t know how many unique players are on Chaos Bolt at this point. Apparently not enough for Blizzard to consider the server viable in the long term OR the short term.

Chaos Bolt was fine and felt like 2019 Grobbulus. Why does Blizzard want to kill my server? :sob:

7 Likes

No need to worry, Chaos Bolt’s future, Horde or Alliance, is officially gone at this point.

Gaping nothing, Blizzard dealt Chaos Bolt a fatal wound today. It’ll be dead within weeks, not even months.

1 Like

The wording is a little awkward here. Yeah, I meant unique characters, not players, but typed player characters, which I don’t even know what means!

Sometimes my typing seems to be automatic.

1 Like

Most if that are people with 2 or 3 toons, so in reality thats like a 2 or 3k raiding pop.

But on the flipside, not everyone who plays SoD is recorded on warcraftlogs, which is where IF pro gets its data.

3 Likes

Chaos Bolt was dead WAY before this, This is actually making me play my Chaos Bolt characters again. You guys will find a way to complain about ANYTHING

2 Likes

There’s a lot of negative reactions for sure! Other than it being being a massive population, I don’t understand what people are so upset about

it’s 5k unique character not players probably less, around 2k actual people

I really doubt the average person is raiding on 2.5 characters in gnomer

1 Like

the average person probably doesn’t make every lockout… but you have people who raid on 3+ chars every lockout

Thats a minority of people though. My guess is at nost alts probably inflate the pop by 500~ but thats still a significant amount of unique people

1 Like

I am super happy to be transferring!! thank you for the option bliz