Retribution Paladin Tuning in Patch 10.0.7

With a hotfix that will be deployed to Live environments shortly, we are making the following adjustments to Retribution Paladins:

Damage

Retribution Paladins have been overperforming in terms of their damage output, so we’re making some adjustments here to bring them more in line with our intentions.

• All damage reduced by 3%.
  • Instrument of Retribution duration reduced to 9 seconds (was 12 seconds).

In addition to this we have a hotfix coming at a later date related to Execution Sentence and its unintended interactions with various damage boosts.

Defenses

One of our major goals with the rework of Retribution Paladin was to give them a significant boost to their survivability, as this was an area where they were previously underperforming. We overshot the mark here and Retribution Paladins are proving to be more durable than we intended. As such, we are making some defensive reductions to bring them more in line with our intentions.

• Fading Light - Blessing of Dusk causes your Holy Power generating abilities to also grant an absorb shield for 3% of damage or healing dealt (was 10%).
  • Aegis of Protection increases the value of Shield of Vengeance by 10% (was 20%).
  • Shield of Vengeance duration reduced to 10 seconds (was 15 seconds).
  • Lightforged Blessing now heals you and your party for 2% of maximum health (was 3%).
29 Likes

This going to be good :sunglasses:

and Hello Sanq

6 Likes

Oh no 3% less damage? Dead spec, everyone reroll again. [Just kidding]

57 Likes

Well glad I don’t main a ret and just completed the Mage Tower on my ret so whatever. Sucks for ret players though.

4 Likes

Sanq saw that post about Paladins dominating and came in like a wrecking ball.

5 Likes

this came out just in time. was on the account page to stop next bill date when i heard. I dont think the damage is enough though. They are doing so much more damage then 100% dps specs that cant heal

3 Likes

The hybrid tax hasn’t existed since like… MoP and for good reason. You’re free to disagree with the scaling of the nerf but you should probably find stronger reasoning if you want it to be compelling.

29 Likes

3% damage… that doesn’t seem like that much

16 Likes

okay how about this. You shouldnt be able to be top damage while keeping your group alive.

15 Likes

This is nothing. I mained a ret paladin since 2004 and as long as we are better than we were back then, i wont feel like complaining.

8 Likes

Interesting.

End of the world, guys. Blizzard hates you, and you should take this personally.

20 Likes

Oh boy 3%, brothers we are saved!

12 Likes

My initial reaction is that this doesn’t really seem to address the major issues with ret in PvP. I still think ret will be the best spec by far in PvP.

9 Likes

you know they are gonna be crying like chicken little about it.

4 Likes

can you remove fistweaver already holy fk

9 Likes

If you’re suggesting that Ret Pallys can replace a healer, they can’t. Every spec brings value and utility to the group in some form or another and sometimes that utility takes the form of off-spec healing. That doesn’t make the utility any more or less valuable than for instance the curses and gates brought to the group by a Warlock.

14 Likes

Yeah. The team defensives are still a huge problem. 1m sac, LoH, Spellwarding, etc.

Just queued 20ish games at 2.2 -2.5 MMR and literally every team was ret/warr or ret/BM with a fistweaver.

1 Like

is that hotfix live?

And yeah, biggest issue is ret makes everything a livelord.

ladder above 2k feels like youre trolling if youre not with a ret.

1 Like

I do not play ret at all firstly.

But I also remember when survival and destro were vastly overtuned for a year straight. Ret has never been meta for m+ ever, it’s barely ever been even viable. Let them have their time in the sun.

32 Likes