New Fresh Start Realms Available with Pre-expansion Patch

On Tuesday, August 30, there will be two new Fresh Start realms available for character creation and play immediately after patch maintenance is complete. They will be:

Skyfury (PvP)
Maladath (Normal)

We’re really looking forward to seeing you there next week!

99 Likes

ah so realms rolling out in a staggered way? Seems like there should be a couple more. very surprised if only 1 realm.

8 Likes

Where’s the PvE server at?

87 Likes

I’m not sure if they’re only planning on one server. EU also got a one server announcement.

The PvE folks are going to riot, if there is only a PvP option.

40 Likes

Finally, thank you! Just for clarification, there won’t be name reservations this time around, right?

9 Likes

oh nice! i know it was said that its probably going to be at least 1 fresh per region.

2 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t sure if they meant one of each type or just one total. I think one server total is the right move; although our server queues are going to be rough I’m sure to start. It’s probably the only way to ensure a healthy population in 2 months.

4 Likes

Fresh is DoA, GL bois.

26 Likes

As someone that was planning on playing on a PvE server due to limited time and not wanting to deal with corpse camping, I definitely am a little annoyed if this is it. I could have rerolled ages ago if we knew this is what we were getting. Such a clear lack of communication.

70 Likes

All I know is there needs to be a PvE option. Thought that wouldn’t even be an issue. Took off a week, resubbed, and been waiting for god knows how long. And now this.

59 Likes

Thanks so much! :kissing_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

No PvE server is a pretty big feelsbad. I can’t believe I resubbed for this, lol

58 Likes

i took off a week for the wrath launch actually because i was concerned about the pre-patch date. but i feel for you and others that did the same as you. :confused:

1 Like

You are out of your mind not putting out a pve server as well

42 Likes

Honestly, what in the crap is this? One PvP server? That’s all we get?

28 Likes

Yeah, my sympathy goes out to you. Lack of communication from Blizzard has been really frustrating me for a while now. Although I don’t think the PvE server would likely succeed in the long term and I agree that 1 PvP server is the play, it still sucks to the PvE fans in a position like you’re in now.

4 Likes

What about us that don’t PVP?

Are we just screwed then?

44 Likes

Wow, No PVE server? I can live with all the changes they have made. But this is literally the only thing that would make me not want to come back for fresh.

42 Likes

Thank you Blizzard for learning from SOM! 1 server / region HYPE! The correct choice! Good job!

13 Likes