Pre patch is a week out. WTF is going on with Fresh?

lol you’re not getting it. People want to know because they want to be able to reserve that name. And they might not. You clearly don’t understand.

Whether you have name reservations or not it’s a rush to register names, so what does it even matter?

Exactly, just tell us whatever it is!

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
Forum Code of Conduct

It’s way better if they tell us a specific time/date for name reservations that isn’t on Tuesday. The other option is having to rush to create our characters once maintenance is over and servers go live; we know maintenance sometimes ends earlier or way later than what it says on the launcher, idk that just sounds way more stressful than knowing that at X time we can save our name and just wait until Tuesday.

2 Likes

Not only that but save name reserve limited to 1 or 2 toons per acct. Since they bumped up the character creation limit one acct can take up a lot of names

2 Likes

It’s starting to look like that’s the “fresh” experience they are going to give us. You know that rush to grab a name on launch day… It’s kind of hard to anticipate a name reservation with little to no warning.

I mean it’s Thursday and they are supposed to appear Tuesday… even the original “classic” launch provided a server list long before now.

So I guess this one is just going to be… SURPRISE!! Or they’ll appear for reservation with no warning… you know similar to how the XP buff just turned on and the announcement showed up hours later.

I don’t think delaying the announcement is some diabolical scheme to manipulate players. Blizz just doesn’t give a :poop:.

1 Like

should be 1 rp pvp server in NA. us east.

east coast rp pvp server? yup (rip deviate delight)
pvp server for the nerds? yup
rp action? yup
pve carebears will have their roleplaying knights defend them in wpvp? yup

everyone wins

edit: everyone will be larping as a hero/clout sharking anyways. might as well be RP

Handling of fresh has been absolutely abysmal. I was excited originally, but i’m not even gonna try it. They’ve proven it’s one of their absolute lowest priorities, and i can’t imagine that doesn’t translate into the health of the server later on.

1 Like

RP servers tend to be small, but have a staying power other servers do not.

Deviate Delight, despite its population of <2000 the entire time, lasted well throughout vanilla and into tbc shortly when all the other servers died.

Grobbulus started off with an already decent sized population due to the Emerald Dream crowd and was successful enough to become a megaserver.

Bloodsail is RP and still going strong despite a smaller population as well. It’s population has remained remarkably consistent if ironforge pro proves anything.

I think one rp and rppvp server works well.

2 Likes

They could hype it up as much as they want, but the reality is that fresh servers are probably going to suffer from being low population regardless

Honestly this theory circulating that fresh servers will be dead boggles the mind. Don’t listen to the naysayers. Roll your fresh character on the fresh server (if you want to) and have a great time! It won’t be low population unless they make too many servers, which I doubt will happen. Then they would just merge anyway most likely, which stinks for name loss though lol…

Slightly on a side note, if they have more than one regional server per type, I am gonna pick the one with the coolest name, not because I want to be stylish, but that’s the one more likely to survive lol…

1 Like

Is HE? Cause it seems like he lost his mind.

1 fresh pvp realm per region (1 NA/AUS, 1 EU), told ya the name of the realm wouldn’t matter.

well now we have 1 realm ready on Aug 30th. Skyfury PVP

NA, OCE and Latin America are all different regions in case your geography isn’t that flash. Seems Blizzard cant work that out either.

Yep.

Killing off SA numbers possibly. they catch crap in retail…why deal with that crap in 2 games.

I feel bad for these folks. they deal with some real winners.

We don’t speak spanish here!

dude its portueguese. want to be a narrow minded racist idiot at least get the language right. gonna hate…at least know what the hell you are hating lol.

What the heck is this weird creature

Game region, not real life region, obviously these are entirely different geological regions.

Probably not enough population in those other regions to warrant a fresh server, AUS only has 1 high pop server at all and SA doesn’t even have Classic TBC servers.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.