New Fresh Start Realms Available with Pre-expansion Patch

No PVE server? Thats just crazy.

38 Likes

i’m very curious on how this server will do being PVP.

1 Like

One realm? One?

11 Likes

Wheres the PvE Server? I don’t want to play on a PvP Server.

32 Likes

Everyone crying about PVE servers when there are no “alive” PVE servers in Classic. Quit whining. They all die. You have 3 years of Classic as evidence.

11 Likes

I agree with your analysis, but I also sympathize with those affected. I know a lot of people who hate PvP servers. Just trying to convince them that Wrath has very little open world content you need to worry about being ganked during. Especially after Sons of Hodir is done.

All the pvp servers are all 1 sided it’s a glorified pve server lmfao

19 Likes

If they created more realms, you people would just pick one server to be “ the one” and pile on it.

They did the right thing.

As for PvE servers… pfff. Waste of time.

8 Likes

I sure hope you guys are planning on launching a PvE server. Would be an outrage that I took a week off for prepatch and a week off for launch for nothing because Blizzard failed to communicate that fresh servers would be PvP only.

22 Likes

Another SLAP in the face.

13 Likes

That would be a good point, except most the PvP servers are dominated by one faction, making them not really PvP after all.

8 Likes

this is utter garbage. How can you only release a single server and its PvP? What no PvE server?

23 Likes

Well, only one server means faction balance shouldn’t be an issue.

7 Likes

I’m now curious if this PVP server will become Alliance heavy with the faction changes being a thing.

One server is basically required. Otherwise the smaller fresh player base would be split even more. or you would have people self segregating into 1 faction servers eventually AGAIN.

PvP servers are the biggest. The numbers just line up this way. Thems the breaks.

Besides, everyone will be at the same level, this is your chance to get front of everyone and be the dominant faction/group/guild on the server who run it! You’re not going to fall behind and ask for ANOTHER fresh start to make up the difference… right?

5 Likes

Well if there’s only one option, both factions have to go there if they want fresh. I think that’ll make it more likely to not be so one-sided. In the general server list, people have the option to just play on a server that’s dominated by their faction. That won’t be an option for fresh players.

4 Likes

To be fair the PvE servers are all dead because of the obsession the community had with PvP servers being the only way to play the game when classic originally launched. They would have a much better chance at surviving without people feeling pressured into rolling PvP when they didn’t want to. I’m expecting any fresh servers to die off quickly anyway though.

2 Likes

I would of at least expected a PVE realm or even two realms (one horde, one alliance). After what blizzard has seen from TBC realms we all know the pop will swing one direction if its PVP… I really was hoping for a PVE realm.

21 Likes

If there is no PVE option you lost my subscription money, plain and simple.

27 Likes

I know it doesn’t really mean much but the discord for the PvP fresh server currently has more Horde than Alliance.

2 Likes