Blizzard, Your art style is perfect! Don't change it

The point of Warcraft game is to look like other Warcraft games. Look at the WoW Battle for Azeroth. Good animations, HD textures and it still have the same feel like orignial Warcraft 3.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see Night Elves!

2 Likes

I will always prefer some realism and more blood than casual goof disney WoW style. Warcraft is a about battles and it shouldn’t be watered down.

4 Likes

I’m still waiting a screenshot showing how warcraft 3 was super dark and realistic.

It’s a very simple wish.

1 Like

I’m not sure I agree with that. They are both more realistic than earlier games while still being cartoony.

I completely agree with you. I’m just wondering why are they demanding a lower quality art. If they really want a lower quality art, they can just stick with the old game, that’s pretty much it. They are just trying to ruin the game for everybody else, what a drag. We are dying here to see a more detailed, gorgeous, HD units, a dream that’s finally come true.

11 Likes

Dude, you’ve won a like from me. I’ve been hyped about this new art style since I first saw it.

12 Likes

Warcraft 3 has the best aesthetic of any rts I saw as a kid. I wouldn’t ever change it.

1 Like

It has to change if it’s to be updated. Me, personally, I like what we saw at BlizzCon.

2 Likes

And Logan! It’s all because of the doggo, the master of remakes and the harbinger of Activision in disguise!

P.S. Hey, post 105 was posted on November 18th, and post 106 was on December 18th but… there is no “30 days later” between them! A bug? On my forums?

i just read the original post.

and screw you ?? the current Reforged looked more like HOTS off of first impressions then what we are asking for.

the MEME posts that you mentioned are just that MEMES…

what i want, and what (and the people you target in this post) is for wc3 to retain its current graphics… but just better…

is that hard to understand ?

simplest example… why not make the footmen how it is in wc3 ? white/metalic color surrounding shield and spike in the middle.

why make all of the armors oh so extremely detailed ? this is not an MMORPG to make characters with this extreme details. simplicity in design does not mean we are demanding low quality models.

if you’re going to say such hostile things to the concerned people then i will turn on your @$$ and say you’re just a graphics wh@re. someone that quite literally made a post that said the art shown at Reforged is PERFECT = flawless… and needs no change.

and i’m sorry but the 175 people that liked your post are the same.

2 Likes

Whole heartly agreed, and also do you know how people will react to your very nice and constructive post?

2 Likes

If I were Gimli, Pete would have my axe. If I were Kael’thas, he would get my… spheres.

What I’m getting at is that I am one of those who look at Reforged Uther and go “yeah that’s the best Uther I have ever seen”. When I look at his hammer, I get happy when I see the shimmering runes. When I look at his silhouette and his pauldrons, I understand that I’m blessed to live in this amazing timeline where the WPK has acquired nukes we once again can see the genius of Blizzard in action! Just like in 2002-4!

The Reforged artstyle is what I crave. It’s what gets me going!

HotS, on the other hand… I’m a fan of HotS, but even I was not impressed with Samuro back in October 2017. But when I saw the Blade in Reforged, I could not believe my eyes.

3 Likes

WE do not agree 99% of the world wants them to fix hots 1990s graphics.

I know what ‘HOTS’ means but I don’t know what ‘1990s graphics’ means in this regard.

and remember we’re not saying Reforges art style is S#IT… we are simply pointing out some problems.

The fanboys on these forums disgust me, majority of warcraft 3 players do not agree with OP, majority of warcraft 3 players are NOT a minority, the only “vocal minority” are fanboy yes-men like OP who have helped destroy this game.

Blizzard has destroyed warcraft 3 for me and so many others, I hope reforged is an absolute disaster at this point, just to stick it to all you fanboys who helped spurred them on to destruction.

3 Likes

Are people allowed to counter-spite you and hope that things pull through okay and that some people’s uh… temper tantrums? Are for nothing.

Just checking.

2 Likes

Some of us are saying the style is shi+

Not me in particular though.

my issue with some of you people in this thread is that.

i’m trying to figure out in my head that how do you agree with a post that says what we have seen of Reforged so far is Perfect.

Perfect ?

i have problems believing some of you are warcraft 3 fans or not. and please don’t give me all that nonsense about how you “were around” with the game for X years. and bla bla bla.

when i look at the models of what we have been shown for warcraft 3 Reforged i don’t see perfection. i see a decent amount of things that require tweaking.

i think of problems that would arise for the melee community even though i’m not at all a melee player.

i’m pretty sure the only reason this entire situation didn’t get any worse then it already is (by that i just mean peoples concerns for the new models and such)

is because blizzard said there will be an option to tick and change it all back to how regular wc3 looks. this alone plays a huge factor to catering both new and old audience without tossing ether aside.

so basically if i as a person don’t like RF graphics … its fine i can change it to regular wc3 graphics and play with everyone else. so basically everyone should be happy.

but this doesn’t mean we don’t have the right to voice our opinions about how the models look like for the Reforged version. the same way you posted this thread saying what we have seen so far is outright perfect.

i also mentioned a bit about melee… see, visual distinction plays a big role in the melee gaming space… the ability to notice a unit immediately on sight is something of great value to consider.

and the simpler looking art style of the existing games models play a huge factor in this. its hard to notice models in a cluster team fight battle when everything has soo much details your brain is unable to process this much visuals and play as efficiently as the existing game.

this spreads out to any RTS custom maps out there too. but i’d imagine is a big potential for RPG and other maps that involve around singular or limited number of units. (also includes moba obviously)

and again the “request” of most of people likeminded to what i have said in this thread is for the models to look true to the original models … just … better.

don’t you all even like how existing game looks ?
because if not then i don’t really know how to process that.

because for many of wc3 fans staying with the game for this long basically meant we loved the game as it was and also that we turned our brains off to visual downgrade over the years… even though some people still say this game has aged very well.

and i absolutely will defend myself from threads such as these that brush of our requests and concerns and opinions about changing and tweaking some minor or major stuff yet not large in scale.
even if those came in MEMEs such as jainas chest looks like 2 watermelons.

i will defend because what alot of people like me want in reality is not much. but after all fan service exists as a term for a reason. so to sum it all up this should not be as big of a discussion topic as it turned out to be and people should not try to witch hunt others that say a thing or 2 in MEME’s or in actual concerns.

3 Likes