Expect more of this. Blizzard is gutted and gone

Frank Pearce, Chris Sigaty, Jay Patel, Alan Dabiri, Bob Fitch, Monte Krol, Collin Murray, Mike Heiberg, Robert Bridenbecker, Dave Berggren, Samwise Didier, Eric Henze, Allen Adham, Scott Mercer, Matthew Morris, Jeff Chamberlain, James McCoy, Seth Thompson, Glenn Stafford, Derek Duke, Jason Hayes, Eric Dodds, Jason Hutchins(?), Michael Chu, Justin Parker(?), Kaeo Milker, Ed Hanes(?), Geoff Goodman, Shahram Dabiri, John Lagrave.

These are just a few of the credited people for Warcraft 3 who all still work at Blizzard. Ones with a (?) are ones I couldn’t find a confirmation for in more recent times (within the last two years).

Granted, not all of them are on the Classic Games team but it’s hard not to imagine that they’re accessible enough to consult for Reforged.

3 Likes

How would microtransactions even work for Reforged?

Same way as SC2. Skins, announcer packs, premium maps. I’ll love to see how the WC3 community reacts to custom maps that cost money. Something tells me it might not go over as well as it did in SC2.

4 Likes

So you have no proof. Cool.

If they can’t even afford to hire basic PR people, or to release more than ~12 posts in 6 months, and all but 2 of them directly about patch notes, why would you even begin to assume they’d be hiring people as consultants?

The old team is gone, most of the think tanks have long left, and the people directly responsible for the most beloved aspects of the game had quit far before even 1.23 dropped.

TL;DR - You have 0 proof, and thus 0 argument.

1 Like

He is a Blizzard troll no need to feed him man, and also you are 100% right.

1 Like

I still haven’t got a proper argument against microtransactions or - oh horror - the lootboxes.

I mean, what’s even the point of gambling lol? And if a person is gambler, then he will hurt himself IRL either way, chests or no chests. But Blizz gets the money, and that’s good.

And of course, there is no pay-to-win. Literally not a single game (eSport games are the only games I care about) has pay-to-win. Aside from funny console shooters made for the North American audience.

But of course, to accept microtransactions you need an independent mind. That a part of the hive of hate does not need.

You say Blizzard troll? I say hive trolls. You don’t even make rational arguments lmao

Chris Metzen is working on this remaster?

He does voice Thrall as a part-time job in BfA.

1 Like

But I was talking about this game specifically?

If they add MTX to Reforged i’m never going to buy it.
I’ll go make maps for dota2 instead.

1 Like

Do you mean aside from cross-referencing these individuals on LinkedIn and/or MobyGames for checking their positions/credits? It’s not that hard. You managed to make a BattleNet account, navigate to these forums, and figure out how to enter threads and reply to posts. I’m sure you can use Google to fact check anything you need to too.

I didn’t. You’re the one assuming that. I mean them just walking to another part of the building or sending an email or arranging a little meetup at Blizzard HQ between members of the original dev team and the Classic Games team.

Again, I had no idea using common and multiple sources to debunk wild statements like ‘no one that worked on the original game is around anymore’ was trolling. All I did was look up the credits to Warcraft 3 (Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne), look for some names, and go check LinkedIn for a profile or MobyGames for their latest credits (since BFA was the most recent Blizzard release).

2 Likes

Naga is a narrow-minded hateful troll no need to feed him

4 Likes

Atleast I have feedback and ideas :slight_smile:

please don’t make me laugh

Have ideas first please my leslie lady

why having ideas when nobody would like them anyway

And that’s why you should shut up instead of talking :slight_smile:

1 Like

the truth has been told :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Your feedback consist of bashing all praise that the devs receive and your ideas frankly have been debunked as horrible multiple times.

It’s like Pete Stillwell had come to your house and shat on your pillow.

2 Likes

So telling how things should look like is bashing all praise?