Blizzard, Your art style is perfect! Don't change it

Here is the thing this is the only thing we ask nothing more! I mean it is so weird that people here reacting to it like it’s something that will destroy the whole world.

2 Likes

I like the art but f**k those ridiculous human shoulderpads. I know “its Blizzard and thats how they do them bla bla bla” but they are just way too big.

I like the art updates for the units. I havnt been trying to dig up any changes theyve made since the reveal at that blizzcon, but what I saw there was the worst abomination of a bastardization of the user interface Ive ever imagined seeing. They even got the number of rows and columns wrong on the hero items space, and without borders the selected units face looked like an actual unit on the field and god was it bad.

I dont care if they remake WC3 without paying full respect to the original art style. I do care if their new stuff is garbomancery levels of bad, which that UI was. I hope was. I really hope its fixed in release to be not so poorly designed.

Blizzard has never, ever in their entire lifespan ever made a really good user interface. Their most user interface intensive game, their MMO, has possibly the worst in the whole world of MMOs. So I hope they really go and get some ‘inspiration’ to make it right this time. Not even the same as real WC3, just… not bad.

Honestly, I’m not a fan of the art style. I don’t think it caters to the mature audience original wc3 players have become. However, the reuse of there moba engine is providing the wc3 developers with an easier path forward to getting us a modernize wc3 game. I’m OK with that and willing to look past the art as long as the fundamentals of the game system are spot on. I think most of us original hardcore players would agree with that line of thinking. What I’m really saying is that the art style isn’t derailed enough to make me not want to pick up the game again.

I do think blizzard would be better off with a less cartoony art style overall despite them mentioning it could be worse. They are playing the catch net game attempting to cater to a wider audience instead of their main customer segment. I’d like to know who is setting that S&M strategy because sometimes it can be extremely off putting to watch it unfold. But what the hell do I know about their customer segment, I don’t work there.

1 Like

It’s actually intentional to free up the space.

First, the UI is the easiest thing to fix. Look at the HotS UI in March 2014 and in 2015, the difference is night and day.

Second, I honestly don’t get the impression you got of the WoW UI. As far as I see it, the WoW UI is perfect - you don’t even need any addons to play comfortably (unless you’re a healer in a raid). And any Korean/Chinese MMO blows it out of the water in terms of low functionality and useless clutter.

What is this supposed to mean? The Reforged artstyle is more mature than the original, not less!

What is this supposed to mean? What Moba engine? The Reforged engine is the WC3 engine with reverse-engineering from WoW.

Congrats. We’ve got it in Reforged. Which is less cartoony than the original.

Like 40 shades of Grey?

For me it was always wanting the game to look more like it’s cinematics. Why make the models in those cinematics look stunning and realistic only to make the actual models look cartoony?

1 Like

Welcome back Kantarion glad to see you made yet another account to circumvent your forum suspension.

What’s the inspiration that struck you this time?

https://i.imgur.com/rOm25la.png

Can’t speak for what others say of how Reforged, nor have i done much reading of what people are saying of what they like or dislike of Warcraft 3 Reforged. Regardless, my opinion of why i dislike the current graphics of Reforged is not of which “quality” the models have nor is it because i’m nostalgic of the old models(my experience is present, not of distant past).

Whenever i see Warcraft 3 Reforged, instead of seeing an Remasted version of Warcraft 3 that everyone loves. I instead see something that i could see sold on Steam for 4.99$ from some cheap chinese knock-off spewing company that tried to cash in on that people are starved on a good Warcraft RTS game.

As in, i see Warcraft 3 Reforged like how others see a game like Legend of Titan, it being a knock off clone of Overwatch or Sepia Go of Splatoon. In Reforged, most of the aspects of the original work is there. But some things are not quite the same. The graphic style have changed drasticly from how the graphic style have been built up over the last few centuries.

Of what we’ve currently seen of Reforged, i’m going to say, i think Reforged is a bad remaster. What i’d classify as a good remaster would be MediEvil, Crash Bandicoot and Ducktales just to name a few. All the units we’ve got to see has soo much detail and/or clutter. It’s distracting, it’s convoluting the simplicity that Warcraft 3 had. In most cases when comparing the original and remaster of the games i mentioned you without a doubt can see it’s the same character or object. Everytime i look a character or object from Reforged i say “I mean, i guess that could maybe be kind of similar to the same thing in Wc3” in a disappointed kind of way.

I mean, Blizzard themself have made an awesome remaster where the essentials are there, the simplicity and cohesive style are still there. Starcraft: Remastered(Comparrison Video) Why give Warcraft 3 the axe and change what Warcraft 3 is when Blizzard have proven themself that they can make good remasters…

I’d wish with all my being my first theory when the game was announced to be incorrect. That theory were that they made the announcement with intentionally (not intentionally but i don’t know a better word for it) bad models to get more publicity and to gain favour with the fanbase when they fix the characters

1 Like

You spoke from my heart,my friend.

Why change?

Because of World of Warcraft and because of Chinese players who still play War3.

This is not a remaster. A remaster keeps things the same. This is more of a soft reboot that uses the original story

1 Like

" Warcraft III: Reforged is a remastered and overhauled version of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne" - Gamepedia on Warcraft III: Reforged

At BlizzCon 2018 on November 2, 2018, Blizzard announced a remaster of Warcraft III entitled Warcraft III: Reforged featuring remodeled characters and graphics with a prospective release in 2019.” - Wikipeda article on Warcraft

Reforged is an remaster in every sense of the word.

1 Like

Except the words of the developer lol

1 Like

Either you have interpreted the words of the developer in a way you want them to be true, OR the words of the developers are wrong. I’m putting my bets on you being wrong here.

1 Like

Developers used the word only to clarify they are adding microtransactions and retconning the campaign, so it actually is not about denying the fact it is a remaster(which first and foremost is)

Which is why everyone loves the ‘remastered’ graphics right :wink:

I like the realistic style. It’s 2019 (unironically), and the hardware’s processing and calculating speeds are so fast, you would have to expect something like this. Warcraft3 has always been dark and gritty.

No, they said it was a reforge because upfront they said this would be more than just a remaster like SC.

1 Like

I like the new looks but for a few things.

Footmen, Shields are way to thick and shoulders way to big.
Arthas to big shoulders and hammer is way to big.
Paladins hammer is way to big.

Not seen to much from the other factions but there is somethings there as well.

Orc Kodo riders got fat bellys probably a bit of a joke since they dont walk. They are however warriors and they would do a lot of physical work with their gear and as their role.

was something with spikes on buildsings as well looking very League of legendsish almost look like a fluffy rabbits tail or something ^^

In general i would like stuff to be closer to the more brutal and realistic look of warcraft 1 and 2.

I do not like the human town hall buildings look like plastic castle sets you can buy from ToysRus