Why Carriers suck, and why blizzard won't fix them

That’s crazy gas heavy…

Even with a gas reduction in Void Rays, they still have to get far too close to supported Liberators to do any meaningful damage. In the late-game, a good Terran player will have both Liberators and Ghosts, which will remove the energy from High Templars so the marines and mines can survive. I don’t think Void Ray/Templar will ever be viable in PvT because of how vulnerable Void Rays are to marines and Widow Mines.

Void Rays have some utility against mech, although struggle against Thors and well-controlled Cyclones.

In PvT VR are next to useless. You are better using mass-Phoenix + 3/4 Tempests + Disruptors to clear MMM+Libs. Disruptors keep MMM at distance and Phoenix with Anion Crystal Range 7 attack Libs giving Vision at the same time to Tempests. This combo removes the need for Oracles and works up to 6600MMR.
Use and mobility of Phoenixes counters the drops at the same time.

1 Like

yeah blizzard should make carries better so that way prottoss can do even less micro than they already do.

1 Like

Trolltoss in action!

2 Likes

If you have patient ,review 2016-2018 community forums
You will see HUGE number of terran whiner complain about carrier for two years.
TVP have no eco advantage(2 base VS 3 base),also have no TCH advantage(carrier A MOVE),PVT late game=AUTO WIN
In truth,carrier is hard to counter in ZVP late game,but with old hydralisk,lurker or overlord drop or roach,host combination,P is very very hard to enter PVZ late game,you can check it in match:stats VS serral WCS 2018 .So it’s hard to see zerg complain about carrier

but carrier almost never appear in PVT late game,expect gold level TVP terran whiner’s match.Unfortunately balance team listen to them.
If you have patience to review 2018-2019 forms ,you will see all P units T whiner complain about got nerfed:carrier,stalker,Colossus,Immortal,zalot,ob,tempest,templar,forge TCH.
And all T units they complain about got buffed:Battlecruiser,Viking,Raven,ghost EMP,stim,Thor.And they want more
these are old forms:

Too many ,you can check TVP is broken 2018 2019 in google

3 Likes

carriers are like BL/SH/(old)infestTerran with 1-3 they are not so strong you always need +6. then several Interceptor/Broodling/Locust come simultaneously and have more impact.

so you can go to master with carriers /2-4Archon/Ht(for storm) in PvZ.

I’d rather have the carriers sucking than being too good, high numbers of carriers are already pretty annoying to deal with

that would be fine, if Protoss even had any other good lategame unit to begin with, which it does not.

Liberators and Viper Parasitic Bomb deal with big Carrier masses too easily. They are not hard to counter at all, except for Protoss, ironically.

3 Likes

Para bomb not counter carrier they can hold full damage if stay on battery or not

2 Likes

That is exacerbated by the lack of a proper GtA Protoss firepower. In PvT even the Storm is denied by the OP EMP.
Stalker should gain +2 in each attack upgrade (not only on vs. armored). All GW armies scale poorly with upgrades.

1 Like

Nah you just not micro any 200 limit supply army properly say terrans

I think there is no other so cancerous unit in the game as Carier! At least make them ,dumb, so theyr AI doesnt focus fire Spellcasters and Hydras, so Toss player must do this himself… and also make Cariers be a priority target if in range! Also 14 leash! Thats what destroys everything! If me as Zerg player see I dont have enough Corruptors and I pull back, I lost again plenty of my expencive units on rethreat!!!

You as a Zerg player should have a little more brain than a larva and remember that Zerg arsenal has Vipers, Infestors and Spore fields to deal with everything Skytoss.

4 Likes

Even phoenix, there is no point in investing a 2nd stargate and air ugrades (which pheonix desperately needs) since you can not transition out of it. Unless you are playing phoenix war in pvp.

It’s not that stargate unit suck (except for Tempest, that unit is a joke. The teran can outproduce 2:1 the libs you kill and a thor eats it for breakfast) but they get hard countered: VR- WM, ghost, parasitic bomb, infestor… you can buff it however you want, it will still be insta death. Carriers get their interceptors guned down by the marines faster than it can release them (won’t even talk about replace them) let alone the thor AA which was buffed over and over. And what’s the point of making a tier 3 expensive unit (whichever that might be) when the vipers stays on the safety of spore forest picking them 1 by 1 and one shots them.

A lot of low level players headbut into carriers at 30-40 drones screaming they are cancerous without realising they can actually march the spores across the map

5 Likes

Infestors are totally trash, almost no one pro gamer uses them anymore since patch! And yeah yeah, A-moved Cariers + Storm vs Creep spread, spores unborrow/borrow, trying to do runby/Banes, moving Lurkers, avoiding HT with Vipers, storms with Corruptors, Abducting Cariers one by one… nice. I cant imagine with my 240apm! Really fun for causal player

1 Like

Infestors still have NP, Carriers are big units of 6 Supply and Protoss can’t have them in big numbers. Abducting some and NP some other is not that difficult. Late-game PvZ is in such a state that all protossers at all levels (Bronze to Pro) try to end the game as early as they can.

4 Likes

abduct + parasite is so much bs it is not funny. Especially on massive.

same with cruiser or tor.

how about fixing cruiser? Like increasing cooldown from 0,23 (normal) to 0,5 while doubling damage per shot ? from 5/8 to 10/16, with damage upgrades adding +2 instead of +1 ?

1 Like

PB counter Carriers by killing Interceptors. Carrier is the only unit that has to pay to fully arm, and can be disarmed.

You know this, stop`being desingenuous.

2 Likes

I think that’d be super interesting. Void rays getting buffs to be the capital ship and carriers being nerfed to being a mid game ship. However, I think

1. a massively powered void ray would make tempests obsolete
  2. it goes against protoss lore
  3. carriers are relatively easy to fix with minor stat changes: interceptor build time decrease to 7 seconds, give them +1 shield to start.
1 Like