TvP broken in Protoss favor

I am not 100% sure I agree but the author has very good points:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AllThingsTerran/comments/e7d30n/tvp_in_a_nutshell/

1. protoss has an unavoidable economy advantage until late game when worker numbers equalise.
  2. protoss is excused macro mistakes as they can chrono out workers they miss, tech they forget, upgrades that forget and usually still be on par or ahead.
  3. terran has to sacrifice a timely third base to invest in production to generate an army that can still just get walked over by a protoss with a fast third or maybe just have parity.
  4. the theoretical power spike of stim +/- combat shield/ plus one doesn’t exist because protoss can chrono out splash before you can attack.
  5. protoss has no penalty for stupidity with army positioning because a) their army can just a move into anything but ranged liberators and it’s survivability means they have time to react and just walk away and b) they can be out on the map blind with no scouting because they just recall or instantly warp in twenty supply of mineral only units wherever they are needed.
  6. the ifs no answer to protoss late game.
  7. tempestz can be chronoed out before terran can get a good number of liberators out so that power spike offs also not actually evident.
  8. although zealots are less impactful now there is still no true counter. Widow mines just hurt your bio when zealots close the distance and hallbats are too slow.

Ghost emp is great but unfortunately the base terran army is too weak to compete regardless of spell casters or support units.

It’s just broken. Pulling the workers with a 2 base all in is the only strong play.

5 Likes

No TrUe CoUnTeR

Hellbat’s shocked Pikachu face

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, something like half of Korean GMs are Protoss. Not really sure how to fix them though. Maybe a small nerf to stalkers?

I think you got Zerg and Protoss confused. If Terran or Protoss get supply blocked they have to sacrifice something to get their worker production back to where it was meant to be. Terran has to sacrifice a scan, which is essentially 170 minerals (being that they get a supply depot instead) or Protoss has to give up on the effeciency of their forges or production to chronoboost. Zerg however just banks larva and makes the same number of drones later.

3 Likes

About 45% of all GM.

2 Likes

So… You will counter one of the fastest units with the slowest… Ok.

Also, hellbats trade 1.5X to 2X better vs Zealots when on equal resources. When on less, they get overrun, when on more, who would a-move Zealots into it?

Hellbats cant counter simply because they cant catch Zealot.

1 Like

I think he is confused here, it’s the Protoss who have to defend their third and Terran can turtle all day, they have the best turtle of all races.

Bro… Terran has call down supplies. You can’t even be supply blocked. What level of Bronze is the guy who made that post. Jesus.

5 Likes

If you have energy for depo drop, you are doing Terran macro wrong.

And when you already mass some energy? Then you already have depo walls that give you 500/200 supply just to not die to Zealots or Lings.

I knew terrans would cry even with a patch that nerfs protoss and buffs terran. I said it here. Terran cry is unstoppable.

I will tell you…just L2P son. L2P and stop whinning at forums…no buffs to terran will make you stop whinning.

2 Likes

All eight points on the list are false. Impressive.

6 Likes

To be fair, I see depo drops even in top end GSL games. I’m not an expert on Terran but it seems to be to allow tighter push timings.