PvsT win rate is 59.44% for GM in ladder

Well, this is interesting. PvsT win rate is 59.44% for GM in ladder: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/bx1yuq/pvt_ladder_winrates_per_league_since_the_last/

18 Likes

No surprise there, gooba and Batz will be in here momentarily to tell us how itā€™s ok to be behind 10%. Hopefully this next balance patch coming up will help.

20 Likes

Interesting because last patch was only nerf to protoss and buff to terran. Explain. We all knew that terran would continue cry. As they are doing.

3 Likes

Thx man, I was just asking myself what are the winrate of PvT in GM ladder

And now you answered me, thanks a lot

Immagine Kicking someone in the balls. Then you flick forehead of guy next to him. One of those will be more angry than the other, even if last thing you did was flicking the guy 2 forehead.

Guessing toss are getting better at countering the handful of builds that were killing them IE 2 base marine/tank/Raven pushes, but good question and anyoneā€™s guess.

2 Likes

It was a nerf to Protoss and Zerg hence an indirect buff to Terran because of the low Terran representation in IEM:

https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/IEM_Season_XIII_-_Katowice

Now Protoss overperformed, while Terran and Zerg underperformed in GSL Season 2 hence why another Protoss nerf is warranted:

https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/2019_Global_StarCraft_II_League_Season_2/Code_S

1 Like

Shouldnā€™t every player in GM have well above 50% in literally every matchup in the game? Since GM players often have to be matchup against masters 1 and 2 players because there are only so many GMs to go around?

Personally, I would like to see where this guy got these stats, Iā€™m interested to see what it has to say about TvP, and for that matter all the matchups to see how maybe thereā€™s something with, say, Terrans getting MMR for beating Zerg and then losing that MMR back to protoss. Just a thought.

3 Likes

Iā€™m donā€™t actually believe protoss is needing buffs, butā€¦

I could totally play the ā€œprotoss too hard for foreignersā€ card right now. Which I find a bit ironic coming back at terrans.

3 Likes

Well, Neeb won WCS Winter Americas this year so you donā€™t get that privilege yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Neeb demolished Avilo and Ruff 11:0

Raver: Heeeeep, Protoss too strong, nerff nerff nerffā€¦

NA is not a Region that one can use for Balance-judgements, at most you can add Neeb, Special and Scarlett to the EU and only then it begins to make senseā€¦

2 Likes

HWhy on EARTH would you think that Protoss needed buffs? Would 8 in the Ro8 be necessary?

I actually DONā€™T think that PVT (for once) is in a terrible a spot right now, but if you think the timing pushes youā€™re doing on Zerg players is fair, then youā€™re absolutely high.

2 Likes

I put the disclaimer and everything.
:frowning:

3 Likes

I was not using that as an argument for why Protoss needs to be nerfed at all. I was just replying to Wirebenderā€™s claim of Protoss foreigners becoming like Terran foreigners. However, he was being facetious and so was I. Generally speaking in 2019, Zerg foreigners are performing much better than both Terran foreigners and Protoss foreigners. Anyways, Protoss needs a warp prism nerf specifically because of Protoss domination in GSL Season 2 alone IMO:

https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/2019_Global_StarCraft_II_League_Season_2/Code_S

2 Likes

Yeah, but why would insinuate you DONā€™T think your crazy pushes against Zerg arenā€™t greatly favoring you?

2 Likes

Watching warp prism pushes against Zerg is just sad. It needs a nerfā€¦period.

9 Likes

Because I see them being 1-upped by Zerg rushes and being far from 100% winrate, even 66% winrate (which would be broken) is probably a lot more than they get. And thatā€™s with zergs blindly opening roach warren, which to be fair is more likely a sign if the insufficiency of lings and early hydras.

I also was incinuating that TvZ seems questionable right now, maybe even more so than PvZ, for the power of terran mid-late game, even if zerg endgame is auto win whatever the matchup.

This chart shows 221k games over a period of 134 days. There are ~72k games played per-day which means 221k games represents 3 days worth of games. That means they are looking at ~2% of the total games played. Furthermore, replays are user-submitted which means there is quite probably a strong case of self-selection bias at worst and at best the sample definitely isnā€™t random. In other words, it doesnā€™t mean anything at all. These stats are representative of the few individuals who submit replays to that website (at best), and nobody else. The most likely scenario is that 2% of players submit replays to this site and even if we assume thatā€™s perfectly randomly distributed that gives us a sample size of 600*0.02=12 which is nowhere near good enough. You absolutely cannot make generalizations about PvT in Grandmaster from a non-random self-selected sample of 12 players. They also started the sample on a strange date - January 22nd which seems to indicate the sample may have been cherry picked. There are so many things wrong here, you shouldnā€™t walk away but rather RUN away from this data.

1 Like

I think the introduction of maxpax may have something to do with the matchup. Terrans gets whacked, they now have to scv scout which puts them into a economy disadvantage they never had before.

Iā€™d say decreasing the build time for orbital command, refinery or supply depot could balance out this disadvantage, but Iā€™m not entirely sure.

It is something in the early game that puts terrans behind, it is like moving second in chess the disadvantage is slight, but itā€™s there.

aligulac balance report show that
PVT winrate is only 48.86%
so which one should terran whiner believe ļ¼Œļ¼ˆmaybe 99%ļ¼Ÿļ¼Ÿļ¼Ÿ ļ¼‰