You are in charge now!

I kinda need more than five

1. Put out a series of surveys with lootbox rewards.

It’ll eat into profits a bit but, I’d need to have a clear idea of where people want to go and what the people do currently. I’ve done a few surveys and while most of the results are predictable some are surprises.

1. I’d add more role categories and differentiate them a bit more. The majority of the healers, the regular dps, and the snipers all have the same health. The majority of the dps, supports, and all of the tanks have the same movement speed.

2. Re-evaluate all of the reworks and take a look at the responses on characters that annoy people and see if you have room to do a better job with a few changes, do a better job by splitting the character into multiple heroes, or if it’d be better to start over from scratch and make other changes to compensate.

3. Adjust heroes so that they are closer to being balanced across the board. If a heroes main method of doing damage is hard to do, other portions of the kit should be easy and vis versa so that people can use heroes across the board without massively shooting their team in the foot.

4. Ensure that the breakpoints are relevant and healthy for as many heroes as possible. With Tracer right now it feels like a fair portion of the line up is design to take the same number of hits to kill her as it takes to kill a 200 hp target and she’s limiting what damage values are available.

5. Balance primarily based on data and attempt to balance things so players can play what they want to play. When I make changes I would be providing data for why each change is being made.

6. I’d shift approach on having characters be mechanically unique as it can lead to must picks due to being the only way to do x and it can lead to putting in designs that have less appeal to be unique. (I would still ensure that characters had unique aspects.)

7. Ensure that the incentives are not excessively influencing behavior and causing negative side effects.

8. Allow players to play on old patches in custom games and monitor the activity. (If I put out a patch and you get a surge of people playing on the old patch I need to check and see if I messed up)

9. Hire Community Staff that do not deal with enforcement at all that will interact with the player base and act as liaison between myself and them (They’d be under the authority of corporate not me). I need to remain aware of what it is going on with the player base without being excessively influenced or antagonized by it. The player base needs to feel they are heard. The player base can also have fun interacting with them and they can be used to attempt to populate low traffic modes. When I’m wrong about something someone needs to be able to call me on it. (I’m not great with people and this would help compensate for that)

10. Allow custom matches to include more players.

11. Add a second arcade that will offer a variety of new modes and some of the older less popular modes and make the first arcade contain the same modes every time that are the most popular ones. ( I’d design the new modes based off of survey responses. I’d like to try a mode with more players, a mode that banned the most popular hero in each category in that mode over the last week, and a mode that had just aim dependent characters but, I’m not sure that’s the type of things other players would want.)

12. Add a new tutorial and update the information on each hero.

13. Increase punishments and hire additional staff to apply them.

1 Like

Thank god youre not in charge lmfao

1 Like

Do we have unlimited budget, and no realistic restrictions ?

fix the smurfs, fix the throwers that leave a 5 vs 6 in comp, add a vote team member whos useless and have a fill like socom confrontation did, add in a scoreboard, have a 16 vs 16 and a 8 vs 8 like in csgo and socom confrontation

1. Scrap competitive and replace it with a tournament system. No ranks, just trophies or medals for winning. Rarer shinies for harder (=more rounds) victories. Include Arcade mode and ‘keep-things-fresh-silliness’ (forced 2/2/2, one role only, ban system, pick for your teammate, etc…) tournaments. Default is 6v6 but have occasional solo, duo, and trio queues as well. 1 round is best of 3 maps.

2. Change Brigitte and Mei into tanks, Torbjörn into a support.

3. Start developing a spin-off co-op game.

4. Put the comics and cinematics into the game under a ‘lore’ tab.

5. Add more customization (to the lootboxes). Announcer voice packs, menu art, new hero cards, menu music, etc…

Its all in these threads,

Note: the first one needs to be updated a bit

Lets try to fix the game (Hero balance)
Lets try to fix mercy
Lets try to fix the Tutorials
Lets try to fix Custom Games
Lets try to fix competitive play
CTF rework idea
Anti-Goats hero
Entire Core gameplay
Hero concept Lab
Skill doesnt matter
Aim Is not the only skill

I have 2 or 3 more i want to do

1 Like

Did more than five but whatever

1. hire more people. Whatever the size of the Overwatch team is, double it.

2. Create a dedicate lore team who’ll write and publish comics on a bi-weekly basis.

3. Buff/rework low tier characters such as Sombra, Bastion and Mercy. The goal is to make heroes who are incredibly weak or are far too niche into being picks that are decent and have a bit of versatility to them without being too overpowered.

4. Improve Arcade. Instead of certain game modes only being available once a day or a week, everything is available right away.

5. Improve quickplay by removing some of the randomness. You’ll pick which gametype you want to play and the lobby votes on which maps everyone plays on

6. add more maps and game modes to quickplay and competive.

7. Increase the rate maps and heroes are released per year to 4 each.

8. each new hero and map has to be on the PTR for a miminum of 2-3 months in order to go through balance changes before making it to live.

9. Add a fleshed out and dedicated PVE mode

10. expand on events. Instead of just adding cosmetics, create an event skin for every map that goes all out and have something special for each event to make them feel unique.

11. add mini-events such as a Lucio vs Symmetra event every once in a while in order to spice things up a bit.

12. Introduce a ping-system or something similiar in order to have better communicates outside of team chat.

13. group emotes.

1- ban more players for bad behavior
2- Be more open with projects.
3- 2/2/2 only in top 500
4- gold weapons are no longer ranked only, you can get them plaing qp
5- Make dva a tank.

1. Burn down this forum with the heat of a thousand suns.
  2. Rehire the old dev team.
  3. Hire even more people to the dev team.
  4. Sell OWL stuffs at a cheaper price but producing them at a higher quality
  5. Add at least 1 new game mode for every event that is not Archive
1 Like
  1. Role queue
  2. Rework Sombra (less CC, more dmg)
  3. Guild System
  4. New Tanks and Healers as priority until balance heroes per role.
  5. PvE missions
1 Like

They are all pretty close to being a Tank anyways and if 2/2/2 role queue gets implemented, heroes who don’t really fit in any roster would only cause problems.

1 Like

All old events are gone except archives where you can get all skins from old events.

Aiming for 4 hero releases a year together with a short going more in depth with the games lore.

Every new hero release comes with an event where you get to replay their personal short as a PvE mission.

Work on guilds for OW and scratch the idea of a battle.net guild system for all blizzard games.

Implement pro play exclusive balance patches.

Create a ton of new cosmetics for the base loot box.

Old event modes are becoming part of the weekly arcade rotation.

Golden guns are no longer purchased with comp points but you have to earn them as a reward by getting all hero specific achievement.

Finally implementing the replay system.

Introducing a soft version of role queue.

Endorsement system rework. Introducing Endorsement lvl rewards for grouping.

Id rather die that go back to that sh*tty a$s meta

Ruining the hero.

Ruining the hero.

Ruining the hero.

Reducing the CD by 1.5 secs is pretty unnecessary. Either by 1 or by 2.

So basically let him get ult in 2 secs again?

Mercy bias uwu.

That’s one of the worse balance suggestion I’ve seen in a while, if not the worst.

2 Likes

But but… think of how many players who would return for that kind of patch! :woman_playing_water_polo:

No one will return for such a trash balance change. It will destroy the game entirely. You’re just beating a dead horse here.

1 Like
  • Put every Comp game mode till date on a permanent ladder

• Arcade now has all game modes. No rotation

• Put quickinfo crosshairs

• Put in a better comm system: Point+ I need healing on teammate: Heal teammate!
    Point+ Understood on enemy: Focus fire!
    Point+ Group up at a point on the map: Group here!
    Hold ult status button: I am going to ult, assist me!
    Point+ Ult status button on enemy: This Character will ult, careful!
    Hold understood button: I need assistance!

• Add in more match modes in comp ladder, meaning One will be Payload, one will be KOTH, one will be 2CP, one will be CTF and one can be 6v6 TDM. All of these are shuffled. Map usage multiplies with this.

• Get the people team making ability (watchers)

• Role based queuing

This is actually just a flex-tape solution until more impactful changes are made

1. Free to play model
  2. Story (or lore) mode
  3. QP is unranked match and put all the arcade modes avaliable at same time, not daily choose
  4. Stop copy pasting events.
  5. Clan system and better ranked rewards (sprays¿?¿? seriously?)
  6. New mode 12 against 12
  7. Ban system in rankeds and cant repeat characters

Yay im not the only one xD

1 Like

Wasnt season 3 triple tank?

Aka downgraded goats?