You are in charge now!

What is your 5-step program to fix the game?

Here is mine:

1. revert the last “balance” patch
  2. implement 2/2/2 role queue
  3. hire more staff to work on new Tank/Support heroes and increase the hero release output (the huge gap between DPS and Tank/Support rosters really needs to go)
  4. rework Mei, Symmetra and Brigitte as Tanks
  5. implement a hero ban system (as soon as a few more Supports and Tanks got added)
11 Likes
  1. Add new ******* lore
  2. Completely rework competitve/matchmaking
  3. Bump up to 6 characters a year (tanks and healers only for the first year)
  4. Rework 2cp completely
  5. Add permanent PvE content as well as new modes
17 Likes

Five step plan?

• No Limits back in Quick Play, Quick Play becomes no-risk Comp
  • Force LFG as mandatory for Comp, no solo Q
  • Level editor/SDK so community can be left to their own devices
  • Remove $10k prize pool cap on OWL for bigger grassroots tourneys and open up other leagues to Tier 2 Contenders positions
  • Have vanilla (launch) versions of each hero in Custom Games
6 Likes

1- Implement a player-creation system, at least for maps if not for skins as well. Probably look at adding 3-4 player-made maps each year as free DLC

2- Definitively set balance around Platinum to Diamond, rather than GM, but give consideration to GM/Bronze where necessary (because this is where the majority of players actually are)

3- Increase lore volume. Why isn’t this a thing already?

4- PvE content. Even if as simple as a Firefight-style mode with modifiers, I would add some kind of co-operative, permanent PvE content. Ideally, we’d see a campaign and fully fleshed PvE mode.

5- Add at least 2 completely new game modes each year. Stuff like MOBA mode, VIP/Guardian, Bomber Assault, etc. Probably bring back All Brawl as well

3 Likes

1: GO
2: BACK
3: TO
4: SEASON
5: THREE

Fixed

12 Likes

Finally, I’ve been elected. Time to change some things around here. Let me think, I’ll allow other Vice-Mals(VMs) to comment below Me, for now.

2 Likes

fix balancing
add lore
add maps
revert symmetra
add a polish hero cuz I wanna hear them speak :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’d be ok with that :smiley:
Season 3 was awesome!

I kinda liked Season 1, season of raw chaos and fun

1 Like
  1. Sharply realise I’m in command.
  2. Slowly and carefully put down anything I may be holding.
  3. Back away slowly, hands raised.
  4. ???
  5. Profit?
3 Likes
  1. Focus staff manpower primarily on balance changes to rectify the mistakes that have created power creep and numerous issues that have plagued the game since launch. Events and new heroes can wait since new introductions will create problematic fluctuations in hero/game balance.
  2. Create a formal apology to the community for the past few months of silence and release a timeline for our fixes and tweaks while specifically stating it may be prone to fluctuation. Also let the community know we will no longer be balancing solely on the competitive format due to the tunnel vision it creates for future updates.
  3. Dedicate a team to listen to player feedback and suggestions so we can gain more outside the box ideas while getting a ground view of how the game operates beyond our dev standpoint. Our players are important.
  4. Abolish all forms of biased suspension and properly enforce the pre-existing rules. Make sure to state that we will not be accepting reports for “one tricking” or playing a specific hero. Doing so will result in swift punishment.
  5. Now that our game is polished and back up to speed, focus on lore combined with the introductions of new heroes & maps to ensure continuous healthy growth for future ideas and updates. Dedicate the remainder of the manpower to regular updates and event introductions.
3 Likes
  1. Rework Brig. Just health, no real armour. More support-anti flanker, less tank.
  2. Nerf Reinhardt’s Earthshatter range and charge time. Also nerf Charge to 250 damage.
  3. Buff Orisa to 300HP 200Ar
  4. Revert Reaper, give him some more Iframes on Shadowstep appearance.
  5. Revert Mercy to Season 5, add a cleanse to E.
  6. Change Genji’s Deflect to no longer deflect impact explosives such as Pharah, D.Va, Junkrat, Helix Rockets etc.
  7. Nerf Tracer’s base DPS, revert Pulse Bomb.
  8. Buff Sombra something stupid.

9. Proper crack down on boosting and Smurfing.

All great ideas, ^

Thank you, loyal VMs.

Just a reminder: We go to war tomorrow.

1 Like

Make competitive mode lock you out of picking any character you have played more than 20 games with if the winrate you have on them is lower than 40%. This will stop one-tricks and selfish players that pick a hero they want to play regardless of how much they suck. To unlock the character again, they have to win ten more full games as that hero in quickplay, at which point the character will be available in competitive again for a grace period of 10 games before being re-evaluated.

Private profiles are removed. One-tricks, selfish players, and terrible players that don’t want to be (rightly) criticized for willingly holding the team back with their stupid choices have no shield to hide behind. The system targets the weak instead of protecting them.

2/2/2 enforced unless 5/6 people on the team vote into flexible slotting in character select. Once opted in, it cannot be revoked for that game. Separate SRs and queues for Tank, Healer, and DPS, so players can practice/play any role they want without risking their overall rank and practically throwing unintentionally.

Rank tiers are now separated by what % of the playerbase your SR rating is. Top 500 stay the same, GM is top 5%, Master is top 10%, Diamond is top 25%, Platinum is top 30%, Gold is top 50%, silver is 60% or above, bronze is 70%, and a new tier, Tin, is everyone else. Decay no longer exists under top 500. It has no place being present under top 500 and actually leads to a lot of people playing LESS games, because once placements are over the decay starts, so a lot of people, myself included, sit on my placements for as long as I can so I’m not obligated to play overwatch when I don’t want to.

Significantly more ranked rewards added. Golden guns being the only thing you can earn for being top X% is a joke. There would be skins, emotes, fancier portraits, and credit for OWL skins given based on rank at the end of every season. Jeff’s logic that people are playing the game for the wrong reason, the gold guns, is completely incorrect. With more rewards, people are more likely to play to WIN, which is what competitive is all about, is it not?

1 Like
  • Start a weekly newsletter that talks about behind the scenes work. What is being planned and what Developers think on certain topics.
  • Try to focus on a new game mode (Even if it’s just for Arcade).
  • Make Archive story missions year-round with expansions adding on each year during the Archive Event.
  • Separate competitive Arcade modes into the comp section where you can select which Comp mode to play (along with count-downs before each mode returns). Always have at least one “alternative” comp mode running regardless of event.
  • Become more transparent with matchmaking systems.
2 Likes

5 step plan?

1. Tone down the overall damage in this game.
    (To get rid of the power creep.)
  2. Tone down the overall healing in this game.
    (To get rid of the healing creep.)
  3. Add a wave type of PVE.
    (Its long overdue.)
  4. Remove potg or fix it.
    (It’s a broken biased mess. Just remove it at this point.)
  5. Add DLC and microtransactions.
    (Voice packs, weapon colors, currency, etc. No maps, heroes and game modes though because this would only divide the playerbase.)

Tracer
-Recall no longer restores health and has a 40% increased cool down duration
-Blink cool down duration increased by 30%
-Burst damage removed

Genji
-Shuriken have 50% fall of damage past 6 meters distance
-Dash reset on assist removed
-Blade strikes while ulting reverted to 6
-No reflect during ult and blade swing distance reduced by 30% during said ult

Moira
-Damage orb now has 100HP and is killable
-Damage beam range decreased by 50%
-Healing spray now does 2% more healing to compensate

Roadhog
-Hook cool down reduced by 15%

Junkrat
-nade size reverted
-extra mine removed
-Ult now takes 75% long to charge

Mercy
-Reworked into something viable which does not include rez in any form

Ana
-Healing reduced by 50% per shot
-Biotic grande now no long stops healing and cool down duration on it increased by 75%

Meh, I can’t be bothered typing the rest

1 Like
  1. Delete OWL from existence.
  2. Delete Activision from the equation
  3. Add the whole MEKA squad as heroes. (I mean, if I get say might as well treat myself.)
  4. Encourage more communication. (Simply keeping us updated on things would be pretty cool, and actually USING the PTR for what it’s meant for would be nice. I’m not saying take every single advice to balance that comes from the community, GOD NO. Just actually not rushing patches towards live and such.)
  5. Shift 100% of focus towards the ACTUAL GAME and it’s lore.

I would certainly test a role Q system in some capacity. Possibly as an arcade mode.

I would probably start work on a new expansion and announce it officially that Overwatch has a campaign mode in the works.

I’d make lootbox rewards occur more frequently (about 20%), and lower the prices of purchasing lootboxes by about 50%.

I would then engage in community oriented tournaments using advertising to suppliment revinue loss from the lootbox thing.

This would be a start.

1 Like
  1. Create new events with content that has replay value instead of locking sprays behind it to force you to keep playing.

2. Increase speed in which heroes are released.

3. Get a new balance team that have done balancing in the past and essentially revert the game to season 2 balance wise and work from there.

4. Implement new, dynamic maps that you can engage with, such as hazards or dynamic night and day cycles, including rain or snow for some.

5. Create new game modes, such as 10 player games and larger maps to test out a larger playerbase. This also would mean custom game servers where you can create your own maps with a level editing feature mode, kinda like the forge in Halo.

2 Likes