Silver, the goats counter hero concept!

EDIT: DISCLAIMER: THIS HERO WAS DESIGNED TO ACT AS A GOATS SOFT COUNTER, HE IS NOT MEANT TO DISABLE GOATS ON HIS OWN

While i understand people can be skeptical since brig, i belive adding a new hero is for the best to adress it, inestead of nerfing heroes who are balanced

Also, before you comment on the heros physical appearance, please read on why i did it

I tried to design a hero meant to assist in countering goats, while still keeping them high skill, and not murdering the entire comp instantly, ill add a little FAQ made up by me below the concept

Note: im bad with names :slight_smile:

here it goes:

Silver, The Omnic Wolf

Lore

Silver was created by phantom as her faithful companion in battles, and to assist her as she tests out her new prototypes, they have been inseparable ever since

Description

Silver is a Mechanical Wolf, In size similar to Orisa, But slightly shorter in height, on its back, there are around 6 openings with cannons pointing upwards inside of this holes, The mechanical wolf as well posseses a cannon inside its mouth as well as very sharp teeth,

Stats

200 Armor / 200 shields (or 200 hp / 200 shield
Role: Tank

Primary Fire: Bite

Silvers primary fire consists in him lunging forwards slightly, Biting with its mouth, damaging everyone in its way, its teeth are covered in chemical compound that poisons those bit by it

Damage: 20

Damage Over time: 40 (over the course of 2s, aka 20dps)

Firerate: 1 shot every 0.8 seconds

Range: 90° angle, 6m in front

Secondary fire: Missle Salvo

Silver, from the cannons attatched to its back, fires a salvo of missles at the current place its looking at, the missle travel upwards for 0.6 seconds, then come back down in the area he looked at, striking everyone in range with a powerful missle rain, Has no self-damage

Damage: 120 (12 missles, 10 damage each) 5dmg Splash(per missle, 2.5m splash range)

Range: 10m circular area arround the selected spot

Cooldown: 6 Seconds

Passive: Sprint

Silver picks up in speed the more he runs in a single direction,

Speed increase: +1m/s movement speed for every 1s of running, caps at 8m/s

Ability: 1: Chemical sludge

One of Phantoms creations, She equipped silver with a mouth cannon with one of her chemical compounds, Silver utilizes this cannon to fire a sludge of this chemical, creating a pool on the ground in front of him, slowing down all enemies that step on it

Range: 8m

Duration: 4s

Cooldown: 8s

Type of proyectile: Arcing proyectile

Slowdown: 30% reduction

Ability 2: Chemical Spray

This is another creation by phantom, This chemical compound is essentially a “inversed” version of the technology used by ana and mercy to heal, combined with Moiras life leeching technology, This chemical reduces the effect of all healing received by those who are hit by it, this spray cannot be blocked by barriers

Type of attack: Spray

Range: 12m forwards

Cooldown: 8s

Spray duration: 2s

Effect: 50% healing reduction

Effect duration: 4s

Ultimate: Repulse

Upon unlocking the ultimate, the player is presented with a reticle 6m in front of them (melee range) Upon activation, Silver will stand still and Howl at the air for roughly 0.5 seconds, and teleport forwards, appearing at the exact place where the reticle was, Then casting a large, dome shaped wave of energy, knocking everyone hit by this dome away,

Ult charge: 1200 points

Effect range: 12m around silver

Knockback range: 20m

Damage: 0

Some question i would like to answer before they are asked:

Who is phantom?

She is another one of my hero concepts, i reference her a lot because this is meant to be a character created by her

Why a mechanical Wolf?

Because Canines are the natural predator of the goat…

Yep, thats why, i wanted to play with the Irony

Why 200Armor 200 shields?

Despite beeing a tank, the hero posses no tanking or self sustain abilities, and no real mobility either outside of his passive, So i thought this would be a fair compromise, but their health is still relatively low,

Why the damage over time?

Damage over time can be essentially used to deny healing, as the damage keeps ticking and the hero keeps healing, the damage over time denies the healing done by countering it with more damage

Why the Missle salvo

Goats tends to stick together a lot, therefore, an AOE attack will be great for against them, It still has counterplay as dva can just point up with her defense matrix and eat the missles, but it requires her to drop her forward defenses to do this

Why the chemical sludge

Silver is meant to synnergize with with tank busters such as bastion and junkrat, therefore, since both lack mobility and are better in range, i thought it would be a good idea to have him slow them down, so either junkrat can knock them away with a mine, or bastion can melt them from afar,

Why the spray

The spray was chosen in spray form since it was meant to counter Goats, and so it would skip shields and DM would not eat it either, Its reduces healing as to synnergize with his primary, slowly widdling them down to death, and making them struggle to heal

Why the ultimate

Since death balls comp like goats tend to stick together, i envisioned repulse to be meant to literally dash in the middle of them, and activate, due to its dome like shape, depending on their current orientation relative to the center of the dome, they will be launched to the oposite direction to where the center currently is, The launch direction, and the large knockback range will most likely knock all the deathball into different directions, separating them apart, The ultimate can still be canceled by stunning them, and it does no damage, therefore it requires coordination to use properly,

How to counter this hero

Silver has no damage mitigation abilities, neither any range, and his abilities are mostly meant to be used against those beeing close together, therefoer long range heroes like widowmaker, and supports like mercy can easily escape his effective rangee

Feedback is appreciated

3 Likes

Creating a hero to counter a meta didn’t exactly go very well last time

6 Likes

I mean…its better than the armor nerf killing tanks whole all arround the ladder…

this hero is meant to be skillful and not easy to use, specifically targetted to be used in high ranks

1 Like

I can already feel the DeviantArt cringe

The armor nerf killing tanks is because they couldn’t find a way to stop GOATs.
GOATs IIRC started once Brigitte, who was created to counter DIVE, was released.

1 Like

refer to this thread to prove why thats wrong

Would like to hear more feedback… i heared none yet other than “cringe lol” :confused:

How about just apply a movement snare to Orisa’s shield so it’s harder just to come crashing through it.

They will still crash through…they will just be slower after they crashed through

Not if you make it an effective area wide thing around the shield. Say, the range of lucio’s heals or something.

Interesting. Change the names though. They’re way too much. Also the DoT on the bite is prolly too much

Im not good with names, at all

well how much do you think it should be? Maybe 60 dmg on 3s?
40 on 2?

no pls

That’s a hard no, because it seems like it’s an undodgeable melee in unison with DoT.

I don’t want to start an Ashe-effect where DoT is the new CC, where it’s rampant because it counters the current meta.

Yes/no. I like the idea, but I don’t want mini-dvas running around with AoE tickle damage that stacks up.

I already dislike Torb’s ult and Mei’s ability to multi-freeze enemies, there is no way I want it as an ability or with a lax CD.

Same as above, I don’t want anti-healing to become normalized either.

Especially not -50% that goes through barriers.

No, sick of CC.

Even if added, 6m range forwards to teleport is nothing, less than a Genji dash, and thus the feature is useless. You could easily just remove this feature and make it a mega-lucio-boop, but once again it won’t feel like an ult.

I’d rather have Goatsbusters, because that’s ironic, not a wolf “cus realism.”

So basically a 400 HP dps disguised as a Tank. No thanks, we don’t need a Tank to break up a Tank-heavy comp, we need substantial buffs to the anti-tank heros already in the crowd.

It doesn’t deny healing. In Mercy’s case or shields. it can, but it does very little to mitigate passive healing, where it’s not tied to an ability and is HPS based.

Yes/no. Mei is good, but having a hero who can AoE it would be too much.

Overall my BIGGEST problem with this hero is that it’s another Brig. It’s another solution to a meta, which in turn makes another meta. I do not want new heros to be made in the light of metas, as it does nothing, or in Brig’s case, is more detrimental to the game.

Sorry, imma pass.

i may nerf the DoT in a while if more people say that its too much, i didnt have much to compare to so,

But this is just a slow down, Not a freeze, and it does no damage either…and it only acts within a specific area,

Healing reduction effects are literally the only way to counter goats… without nerfing all the heroes that it has in to death,

I would have made it a projectile but then it would be useless because it would be eaten by dva and blocked by rein

Your missing something, The character teleports forwards, and then does the attack

the “teleport forwards” motion is meant to allow you to teleport in the middle of the deathball, and then cast it,

its not “cuz realism” i was just beeing ironic… took inspiration from another concept too, so i went with it,

I may change it to 200 hp, 200 shields if more people dont agree with this, But since the hero does not have any defensive abilities like all the other tanks do, thats the reason why it does good damage, But to balance it out, i made it mostly over time, therefore it can be healed, or to act in a very specific area, so it can be dodged

If your healing someone who is taking 20 damage per second, with a lucio heal, They will be taking 4 damage per second as the healing will be fighting the DoT… essentially both deny eachother in a way.

I dont see the problem, it really only acts within an area and it can be dodged, Plus, its just a slow, If its too much i may reduce the range or % tho

My aim with this hero was not for the hero to soley defeat goats on their own, Rather, assist a anti-goats comp in this task,

a lot of the goats heros are balanced on their own, and theres not much we can do to nerf them without killing them on the rest of the ladder, introducing a hero to help counter it that is roughly skillfull is in my opinion the best way to handle the situation

But thanks for the feedback tho

I reduced the dot in 50% to see how that feels but i increased the bite damage by the same amount

Im not sure about the armor/shields setup so im added an extra just in case

also if you could give me better names for the abilities id be glad lol