CTF rework idea [Work in progress]

This is just an idea on how to improve CTF,

This is what i thought up for now

• The entire mechanics of the game are completly removed

• There is now a SINGLE flag, in the middle of the map, probably where the point is,

• The flag poles are moved as far back as possible, even if they have to be literally right next to the enemy spawn,

• Once the flag is picked up, To capture it, it MUST be brought to the ENEMY TEAM base,

• The flag carrier is immune to buffs like Speed boost, heal-boost,etc (maybe not damage buffs) and takes 50% reduced healing, (Dunno about this one)

• Just like now, all movement abilities make you drop the flag

• Maybe have the enemy team who doesnt have the flag have a reduced respawn time to make sure they have a second try at getting the flag back

I have yet to think of the exact details of it and finish them off, but here is why:

First of all, The single flag beeing in the middle encourages the team to fight it out in the middle, inestead of Rushing in with a speed boosted take a breather roadhog, and then run away,

The having to bring it to the enemy team base is also another way of encouraging the team to duke it out, as they are reaching to the enemy teams base, they will probably have respawned, and therefore another fight must be held to properly capture it, and this gives the oposing team a chance at getting the flag back, which the current CTF doesnt, you lose that flag, and its getting brought to the enemy team base,

making the Flag carrier less tanky and immune to buffs also discourages the Pocketing the flag carrier and having them rush in like crazy, speedboosted in and capture

What do you guys think?

It reminds me of the Rainmaker mode in Splatoon 2, which is one of my lesser-enjoyed modes. I would say don’t reduce healing to the flag carrier; that might make it too difficult to reach the enemy base.
But, in general, I don’t really think it would work well for CTF to be played that way in OW.

It could, Maybe removing the Nerfs to the flag carrier would make this mode better,

I was kind of iffy on those as i stated on the post, but i threw them anyways