(OLD)The "Skill" the hero requires doesnt matter

Can we please kill the skill elitism? It really has no place

The only “Skill” that matters is when comparing two players on the same hero to improve your own play

That is really it…

If you find the need to enfatize on the the “skill” a hero requires then you are: trying to compare your own play to another hero to;

• Make fun of them
  • be toxic
  • rank shame

If you have a competitive mindset the only thing that should matter is: Your own play, and how to improve it and What hero is tje best for what situation

Does it matter that the the character that.killed you did a 360 trickshot no scope from the other side of the map or they just M1 you to death? Not really, you still died, and need to learn to fight that hero

Can we please forget about the “skill” the hero requires? Its for the best

89 Likes

Till we get Training Bot as a playable character, no one should be talking about skill.

That dude has it rough

33 Likes

Great, now i have to do a training bot hero concept

3 Likes

Your welcome :wink:

TypingSpaghettiToFillTheCharacterLimit

agreed, skill discussions have no place in this competitive game that blizzard is trying so hard to make into an esport

50 Likes

So who should be rewarded more? The student who works hard and studies? Or the kid who does 1/4 of the homework.

54 Likes

You’re right but that wont happen. Over the course of the game’s history we’ve needed nerfs for the high skill intensive heroes at the highest level but never got them. The justification was always “they need skill” or “any nerf will hurt them in the lower tiers.”

A huge issue is that most heroes that require skill fall under the DPS category. Sure there are high skill tanks and supports but not like DPS. This leads to toxic role disparity over skill and protectionist mindsets around DPS heroes.

We need a soft cap on skill input. We need Blizzard to balance the game more around teamwork, game sense, hero synergy and counter play. Without that expect more toxicity to be thrown at tanks and supports over skill and DPS to continue to spread elitist views to the community.

7 Likes

In an online competitive shooter, skill absolutely matters and has a place.

If you don’t like it, there’s plenty of single player games out there

67 Likes

I never understood why various forum posters try to make this argument. People have a lack of understanding that each skill bracket is fundamentally different.

I remember FliterSC would get confronted by people who were asking about high-level moves in Starcraft, and Filter would just answer, don’t worry about it, you’re not gonna be focusing on that anyway. Just practice the fundamentals.

1 Like

If this game is work for you than why are you playing? When I learn a hard hero its because I want to.

4 Likes

Have you ever noticed that triple tank is a recurring composition meanwhile triple DPS has never been the ladder meta?

Why is the best comp 3-3-0?

LOOOL AT THESE FORUMS

DPS heroes aren’t even viable and yet people are still clamoring for dps nerfs

24 Likes

You know whatever about the skill argument. Yeah skill level should match reward. But, well, let’s be honest it doesn’t matter the skill level unless it’s the poster girl/boy (genji/tracer) people will want nerfs nerfs nerfs.

The problem is the whole ‘you play/main a character that doesn’t need skill therefore you are less of a person/braindead’ which is honestly quite a horrible stereotype and just awful in general.

2 Likes

This is a terrible comparison no matter how you approach it…

8 Likes

If someone says you are less of a person for maining these heroes they are being an A-hole.

It can, being “skillful” at a hero depends.

There can be a Widowmaker with absolutely wicked aim, but that Winston can have just the same amount of skill if he knows what he is doing.

Because hard work can be fun.

The harder a hero is, the more fun it is when you’re rewarded. Why do you think there are so many snipers in QP?

And it’s why people get upset when they’re dominated so easily by a hero who takes half the hard work and effort.

21 Likes

Soooo, everyone since I’m a Mercy main? You main brig/moira ur brain dead and you are being carried.

1 Like

Lol no it’s not.

I played hundreds of hours of Ana bots with headshots only, and practiced McCree and Widow for 100’s of hours on ladder to play hitscan at a diamond level.

Meanwhile I can swap to all these other easy heroes, I guarantee if you swap the situation it wouldn’t work too well

5 Likes

This one gets it. I feel bad for the players who can only play the easiest heroes.

4 Likes

Learn something about “competitive game”. It is not Lucky Draw.

The reason players compete with each other is to reward the best players/teams with highest skill. Not to put the limitations on best ones in order to protect your ego.

25 Likes