Xbox - Voice Chat not Working Since Echo Patch

I’m having this exact problem, my mic and controller work in parties and in other games but not in overwatch’s team/game chat, how did y’all fix this issue?

50 Likes

Has this been fixed yet or…

7 Likes

Hey folks,

We’re trying to get some more information on this right now. We have some people in Quality Assurance looking over the problem. Can those of you who started having this problem with the Echo patch reply back to this thread with the following information to see if we can find out why some of you are unable to connect to voice?

• How long have you had this problem?
  • Are you using a wired or wireless connection?
  • What is your Router’s Make and Model?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting for this on your own?

We appreciate you letting us know about this problem. We’ll update you if we get more information.

11 Likes

I have seen this, I’m on an a box elite series 2 controller with a headphone with headset plugged in manually to the controller.

Also I have a fix: if I go to the Xbox audio settings and toggle the “headset mic” off and then on, the mic comes back in overwatch.

23 Likes

I’ve had this problem since before the echo patch.
Wired connection
I’m not sure. I use Comcast xfinity and their default modem
Yes, I’ve tried leaving party chat, starting party chat and leaving again, toggling team chat and group chat. Turning my controller on and off, plugging the mic in and out and even restarting the game.

It says I’m in team chat and tells me how many other people are there but I can’t hear them and they can’t hear me. People in team chat can see that I’m leaving and joining but still no communication goes out. Sucks because I only go to game chat for ranked and it does not work so people get mad when I don’t talk.

24 Likes

Xbox day one series
Safe lite internet
Plugged in mic
SOMETIMES the mute and unmute mic works to fix most times it doesn’t

2 Likes

I’ve had the problem for about a week, probably since Echo, using wireless connection and a mic plugged into the controller. I have a Linksys EA6350 router. I would troubleshoot it myself, but I wouldn’t know where to start.

Any help would be much appreciated!

2 Likes

So I have the Xbox One S, using a turtle beach stealth 700 wireless and I can’t talk to other in the team chat and its been like this after the echo update.

8 Likes

i have this issue rn does anyone have a fix.

1 Like

I discovered that I was having this issue tonight, but I’m on PC and I know this thread was specific towards XBox, but just in case it helps…

I can hear the game sounds, but I can’t hear those in my group or even see that they are speaking. It just shows me as muted and I’m unable to affect anything.
ATT Modem with a Ubiquiti Firewall (DM Pro)-Wired connection
Windows 10 Pro
Razer Nari Wireless Headset with Synapse controlling

Tried everything you would normally do with drivers and such, restarting drivers and pc. Reset to default, uninstall and reinstall.

If it helps, I would prefer to blame this on discord somehow, I was using it prior to joining. I noticed several other threads with folks having this issue on xbox and pc, Several mentioned using Razer headsets…

3 Likes

Since echo
I’m wired
linksys ea8350
And i tried the tips provided on here

1 Like

I have been having this promblem since about 3 days ago (it’s april 21st aus time)

I use wired connection

All I know is my router is Telstra

And I’ve done everything @EGurlHopping has done aswell and still no fix but I’m trying what @Patimen says might be a fix.

1 Like

Thank you for the details and continued reports! Our team have been able to reproduce the issue on our end and we’re continuing to look into this issue! We’re seeing some issues that are inconsistent where it sometimes works, and some times does not. Once we have more information, we’ll provide an update here!

8 Likes

This problem happens to me too, and I’m on Xbox. Here’s a solution - press the Xbox button on the controller > browse over Overwatch so it’s in a color that your Xbox is themed to > press the 3 Lines button > Press Quit. (this restarts your game) > Open Overwatch again. You being able to hear everyone in game chat but not being able to talk is caused by you disconnecting your physical mic while Overwatch is open. My mic sometimes disconnects because of the coord position being stretched a bit too much. When you reconnect your physical mic, your input for your mic in Overwatch and in Overwatch only will not go through to the rest of your team.

Edit: There must be a problem where Overwatch can’t detect your mic after it disconnects, maybe it must be detected before you press A in the start menu to join the game server.

7 Likes

I’ve had this problem for around a week. I’m using a wireless internet and it’s century link. The modal I have no idea and as for troubleshooting I’ve tried resetting my internet, uninstalling and reinstalling Overwatch, restarting my Xbox, and that’s pretty much it for troubleshooting. I play with a group and sometimes it works for two of us but never the full three. Hope this helps!

1 Like

I’m on Switch, and I started having a mic problem two days ago. I only have it on for competitive matches. Worked fine earlier in the day, but I came back maybe an hour later and it wasn’t working. I can’t join team chat. I can be in a group, but no one can hear me and I can’t see who is talking. It also shows my mic muted. I have wired headphones as well.

1 Like

Xbox one, only restarted playing in the past week so I’m not sure how long, my router is technicolor TC8715D. I’ve reset the cache on my console, updated the console and controller hardware, reset button game settings, tried multiple headsets and controllers, and messed with the xbox audio controls, nothing

1 Like

llamarocker you need to head on the forums srsly this is literally the top post in technical support and theres lots of replies awaiting for you

1 Like

Happened to me on Xbox too. I found if you click the home button and go to the settings tab and go to ‘audio’ I found that headset mic had suddenly been turned off (no I didn’t do it). Considering the number of people this has happened to, Overwarch may be turning this option off for some reason?

Edit: Now the problem seems to be weirdly inconsistent Could chat in QP but not competitive.

I occasionally had this problem before echo, but now I can’t fix it. I have a century link (can’t remember specific type but it’s definitely not my internet) a Latten plug/in headset, and a regular Xbox one and Xbox one controller. I’ve tried re-connecting my controller to my Xbox, turning my Xbox on and off, restarting OW, all that Jazz. I know it isn’t my headset because my Xbox chat (not OW chat) works just fine. Thank you guys for noticing the issue!!

1 Like