(Xbox-one) Overwatch in game chat not working

So a buddy of mine is having issues with using Overwatch’s in game chat on Xbox one.

His actual Xbox live party chat works fine. But when leaving party chat, to use Overwatch in game chat, no one can hear him. He’s absolutely in the game chat. But his mic doesn’t even queue up in the top left of Overwatch game chat.

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

8 Likes

Yes, I’m having the same problem on my Xbox one on voice and match chat. Group chat for me is fine. The audio is either to low or not at all when someone speaks.

3 Likes

Yo me and my brother are having this exact problem. It just has a microphone with a dash next to my name.

3 Likes

Do any of these steps help?

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

2 Likes

I’m also having this issue on xbox. I’ll have a group go into a competitive match and switch over to team chat. Once there, I can only hear my friends but the added players are automatically muted and I can’t unmute them. My group is able to hear both me and the additional players.

2 Likes

Not to sound like an idiot but I thought I had the same problem then went into my settings and checked my chat settings, they were off for some reason, you tried resetting to defaults and having them on auto join? Sorry if pointing out the obvious

did you solve the problem? i play in console but can´t solve the same problem

Found this thread yesterday while searching for a solution to this same problem. I didn’t remember changing my sound settings in the game, but apparently I did and resetting them to default fixed it.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Xbox - Voice Chat not working